• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider PSP to feature exclusive game modes and bonus content

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend - Video gaming's leading lady debuts on the PSP

Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, announces that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend will make its debut on Sony Portable (PSP) TM from spring 2006.

Created by Crystal Dynamics in conjunction with Buzz Monkey Software the game is grounded in the series' tomb raiding roots and built to challenge even the most accomplished serial adventurer.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend revives the athletic, intelligent and entertaining adventurer who won the hearts and minds of gamers worldwide. Lara comes alive with intricately animated expressions, moves and abilities. An arsenal of modern equipment, such as a magnetic grappling device, binoculars, frag grenades, personal lighting device and communications equipment, allows gamers to experience tomb raiding as never before.

Based largely on the PS2 version of the game, the PSP version of Tomb Raider: Legend also features a number of exclusive game modes together with a host of Bonus Reward Content.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend will be available on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Xbox, PC DVD Rom and Sony PSP, for more information visit: www.tombraider.com

One of the modes they talked about in a magazine is a multiplayer mode that'd be exclusive to the PSP version. But they want to make sure it feels right and doesn't feel like they tossed it in for an extra.

Mmmkay

Considering it's in the PSP cross platform port contract to add bonus features, that's kinda just stating the obvious here. It would have been nice for them to actually mention what the content would be.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
At the end of the day, why would anyone buy this if they bought one of the other versions?

I actually intend to get the PSP version from the get go. Seems like a perfect on the go game for me. And I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since TR2.

When is this coming out? I thought it was in February, but I don't see it listed.

Elios83

I'll play the PS2/PC versions of Legend as of course they're gnna be superior to the PSP version.
But I hope the 1oth anniversary edition Tomb Raider on PSP is a remake of the first Tomb Raider made with the engine they're using for the PSP version of Legend.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Kung Fu Jedi said:
When is this coming out? I thought it was in February, but I don't see it listed.
PSP and Xbox/Xbox 360 versions will be out in spring. I'd say March, but don't quote me on that. As for the PS2/PC version, SCI points to Q2.

Andrew2

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
One of the modes they talked about in a magazine is a multiplayer mode that'd be exclusive to the PSP version. But they want to make sure it feels right and doesn't feel like they tossed it in for an extra.

believe its going to be tossed in as an extra. If anything, its going to be crappy like the multi-player modes in the past PC games. Then again, tomb raider is not known to have great multi-player support at all.

Pimpbaa

Andrew2 said:
believe its going to be tossed in as an extra. If anything, its going to be crappy like the multi-player modes in the past PC games. Then again, tomb raider is not known to have great multi-player support at all.

What do the past tomb raider games have anything to do with the new one? Have you still not gotten it through your thick skull that this game is finally being made by a new developer?

I get you, Amir0x. Totally. But for whatever reason, maybe the decent impressions, I want to believe this go around.

Please bring Lara back!

Amir0x

Banned
I want to believe too, krypt0nian. For whatever reason, throughout this entire gen and even most of last the only franchise which even really attempted to capture the Indiana Jones-esque feel accurately was the first two Tomb Raider titles. Nothing since then has made me have that experience, and it sucks because that seriously remains one of the highlights of all my gaming geekery. It was just so incredible to explore these vast undisturbed tombs and set off traps and solve puzzles and get the treasure. I don't want to start laying down the hyperbole... but it really was a rare experience.

So yeah, I want to believe too... 'cause a return to form could be a GOTY candidate for me.

Top Bottom