• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Xbox One Bundle Announced (RotTR/TRDE/1tb) - $399

Waiting for Black Friday but man I hope this is one of those discounted bundles, will definitely head to gamestop for it since they made that policy of only giving you physical copies of the game.

I dont think it works that way. Gamestop made that rule so customers would sell their games back to them, boostering their absurd ripoff for used game sells. Unless Im wrong, Gamestop wont get those bundles at all. Basically Gamestop says no we dont want that so instead their competition gets better deals.

If Gamestop wants to have these bundles then theyll have to do it themselves. I could be wrong, but i really dont think they get these bundles.

Also Im not sure when or if that policy is already in place. They might stil have digital bundles this holiday seeing as their is a few up for pre-order at gamestop now.

gtj1092

Is my brain melting or are both Sony and Microsoft raising prices. That's one way to grow the industry. I know I know its 1tb and includes games. Price still went up compared to Unity bundle last year.

Maybe MS/Sony are raising prices so they can then drop down to 350 and 400 respectively for their bundles and claim a price drop.

I was sure there would be price drops this holiday but every new bundle makes me doubt it more.

Troy

Banned
I encourage Sony and MS to continue to bundle in game codes. It really helps me get games I'd never pay 60 dollars for really cheap via the Amazon marketplace.

Kezen

Banned
he Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

Apparently, not yet announced for the UK, or maybe just not available at all (doubt it).

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/xbox-one-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-bundle

jmaine_ph

Im not really sure how that would effect bundles in all honesty. Microsoft did partner with Bethesda for marketing rights and Microsoft still has three more bundles to announce this week.
I'm not saying they won't do it I'm just saying Fallout is already going to destroy Tomb Raider. This bundle makes Tomb Raider a even better get. A Fallout bundle might take that away.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
This bundle reminds me the last year Assassin's Creed bundle Black Flag + Unity.

xbox-one-bundle.png

Not bad...

ZhugeEX

Banned
No surprises here.

Although I guess we can say that the chance of a price drop is much lower than before.

Microsoft are really throwing their support behind Crystal Dynamics.

Im not really sure how that would effect bundles in all honesty. Microsoft did partner with Bethesda for marketing rights and Microsoft still has three more bundles to announce this week.

actually 4 more bundles one for each day of the week, my suspicion would be fallout 4 custom console on Friday, saving the best for last

No surprises here.

Although I guess we can say that the chance of a price drop is much lower than before.

Microsoft are really throwing their support behind Crystal Dynamics.

I do not agree, last year, just before November they did a price drop
the COD custom console was 499 they dropped it to 450

and there are the BC tomb raider games as well

BriGuy

Is my brain melting or are both Sony and Microsoft raising prices. That's one way to grow the industry. I know I know its 1tb and includes games. Price still went up compared to Unity bundle last year.

Maybe MS/Sony are raising prices so they can then drop down to 350 and 400 respectively for their bundles and claim a price drop.

I was sure there would be price drops this holiday but every new bundle makes me doubt it more.

I got a 1TB Xbone this past summer that came with MCC, Batman Arkham Knight, and a $50 coupon (aka Sunset Overdrive plus $10 to spare) for $399.

This tomb raider deal isn't a bad deal, but it's not a great one either.

Great value. The first Tomb Raider is fucking amazing, and the new one looks even better. If I didn't already have an Xbox One I'd get this bundle.

RK128

Honestly not a bad deal; you are getting a big HDD and two good/great games for the price you would normally pay for the console alone :).

While the X1 version of Tomb Raider DE isn't great (not coming close to the higher frame rate of the PS4 version), its great to have the original game alongside the sequel so people can play both to fully enjoy the story.

Overall good deal for fans of action/adventure/shooter games :).

Is 1TB the norm for both XB1 and PS4 this Christmas?

No I do not think so, especially for the PS4 which still seems to be offering most of their bundles as 500GB. 1TB PS4s seem to be more widely available in Europe than the US.

I think both Xbox One and PS4 will offer 500GB this Christmas, so they can offer a cheaper console.

Surprised they didn't bring back the white console for this one - would've fit with Rise's snowy theme. Regardless, it's a fine bundle. You'll probably be able to get it for $350 on Black Friday.

As for the other four bundles, I'll guess Fallout 4 (with FO3 backwards compatibility), Rainbow Six (with R6 1/2 BC), Lego Dimensions (With the portal nonsense, $550) , and Minecraft (With Story Mode) will round out the offerings.

Are the included games both digital versions?
That's what, 60GB total for those?

I keep talking myself out of getting one but this makes it difficult. I really want to play these

Wagram

"Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider."

I really wish they would include physical versions everywhere.

Top Bottom