• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life, where are you???

SteadyEvo

The original released over a decade again. I have fond memories of creating characters to live in my apartment and interacting with them each day. A very relaxing and funny experience. No objective really, just feed them and watch them to strange things. Would absolutely love another entry.

Bridges

The original released over a decade again. I have fond memories of creating characters to live in my apartment and interacting with them each day. A very relaxing and funny experience. No objective really, just feed them and watch them to strange things. Would absolutely love another entry.
Yes! I had been waiting for a Wii U or a Switch version but it never came. I can't believe we got Miitomo instead.

I remember getting it for 3DS and showing my friends, they all said it was stupid at first, but then would check in and ask "what's my guy doing?" And before we knew it we had an apartment building full of everyone we knew + some celebrities all interacting. Really bizarrely fun stuff, kinda The Sims-esque.

The game and its Japan-only sequel topped the charts when it came out. No idea how it did in America but it seems like an no-brainer for Switch/Switch 2.

Quasicat

I was also hoping for a rerelease of this on Switch. Especially after Miitomo came out to Switch and the trademark was renewed in late September. It may still be coming but hasn’t been announced yet.

Nintendo is pretty random with their treatment of IP sometimes.

Clubhouse Games was a silent hit on DS and went into hibernation for 15 years to reemerge with a sequel that’s been another silent hit on Switch. We’ll probably be waiting until Switch 3 or later for a follow up.

Mario vs DK is a series that has never done particularly well, but got a few sequels on DS, 3DS, and Wii U with a remake of the original set to release in less than a month for Switch.

Tomadachi sells well and would have been perfect for the crowd who fell off Animal Crossing that just want something silly and fun to enjoy. Certainly feels like a miss, but maybe it’ll be back for Switch 2.

kunonabi

Tomodachi Life was amazing and some of the most laughs I've had with a single game. Miis have been sidelined so hard I'm not surprised it hasn't resurfaced.

Top Bottom