• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbear said:
I'm the opposite... I can't think of a game that I like that has bad animations.

See the distinction to me is simple animations are fine, bad aren't. These are trying to be Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry (which they keep referring to in the interview) and it's nowhere near that. Reason I feel so strongly about it is that I want to like this game, but if the animations stay the way they are, I am staying away from it.
Exactly. I still don't believe they'll ship animating like that at all. And for comments from others about the gameplay looking 'sub-mediocre,' I think that's more of a issue of lack of disclosure so far. They haven't shown anything, really, of the RPG and skills system.

FFChris

GHG said:
I'm impressed. I don't even know what all the fuss about the animations is about, they don't look that bad. They're fine IMO. Everybody just expects HS animations these days, and you know that isn't gonna happen ;) .

Its not the animations as such, it's more of the switch between animations...as in, there isn't any!

Tieno

Most impressive are the cool and pretty environments, I always look for that in games. They're mixing so many different stuff in the environments, but they're pulling it off.

As everyone else I'm iffy on the combat and animation, I hope they put most of their polishing effort into that.

I think Baldur's head is too fat though.

Hunahan

Banned
- environments and stuff look cool +1

- combat looks pretty crap -1

- mention of microtransaction content before the game ships -1,000

BboyDubC

Hunahan said:
- mention of microtransaction content before the game ships -1,000

This made me chuckle, but to be fair, what is wrong with creating content for the user that is beyond what the user needs? Sure it is done before the game ships, but it is with the intention that you will sell it as extra, so you devote the extra time into making it, when you wouldn't have if you were just making the game itself. It is ok to charge for something that you spend extra time on, as long as you aren't cutting things from the game and just being lazy.

I'll definitively buy this game just for the setting alone. Graphically it looks great too and watching those SK people talk about the game made me believe they are really sure about what they're doing here and that they fully and truly think this game is going to be what they wanted it to be.

The only thing that looks a bit off to me is the animations during combat, but I'm sure they'll fix this.

Oh, one last thing.... I hope that this is going to be an announced trilogy that's actually going to be COMPLETED.

manxor

I'm interested.
Combat gameplay, me-no-worry camera, 4 player coOp, graphics, story, rpg/upgrading, etc, all great.

The animation did look pretty stiff and jerky though. I'll assume final animation / transitions are something that's still to be added. There's a huge difference between the combat animation/flow in something like Jade Empire/3rd-person Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden/God of War. The 1st God of War took a lot of time to get this right... here's hoping Too Human isn't released anytime too soon.

Take you time SK, this trilogy looks to have amazing potential.
...and it does appear to be the type of game that takes 'a little longer' to develop than most, I see that. Releasing unfinished is the #1 reason why most other "too ambitious" games totally fall on their face. RE:4 sat in the the cooker for awhile, and look how that turned out.

dfyb

Banned
BboyDubC said:
This made me chuckle, but to be fair, what is wrong with creating content for the user that is beyond what the user needs? Sure it is done before the game ships, but it is with the intention that you will sell it as extra, so you devote the extra time into making it, when you wouldn't have if you were just making the game itself. It is ok to charge for something that you spend extra time on, as long as you aren't cutting things from the game and just being lazy.
adding more content to the game gives people a better reason to buy your game and it's the developers job to make the game worth buying. i want developers to make buying their game REALLY worth it. saying "you are only going to get this much for $60. if you want more, you'll have to buy the rest of the game in addition" right off the bat is pretty lame.

making great games is all about making it the best $60 the gamer could spend.

A noticable improvement from that E3 fiasco but framerate and animation still doesn't look all that hot. Same can be said about gameplay from what we have seen so far.

But if they can get the framerate smoothened out it can still be a fun game like Eternal Darkness, which too suffered from bad animation and clunky gameplay. Although with aparently no puzzle elements it could be a bit repetitive.

J-Rzez

Looks clean, has a Gears type "look/atmosphere" to it, and i'm personally tired of the bulky armor look... I can cut slack with the Masterchief, but that's because you don't see him except in cut screens and MP, but his armor doesn't look rediculous... and some parts reminded me of Halo, namely those pods and the beached starship thing...

The animations need a massive overhaul... and I'm not sure about the combat, would definetly have to give it a whirl first...

To me, it's kinda Untold Gears of Halo Empire... As of now, it looks like a rental, unless the combat sticks to me in a demo... It's definetly not close to making my "must play list"...

LAIR, I'm on a teeter-tooter with... Before I was hell yeah, then I was eh, then looks good, then ... , now I'm looking forward to it again... I don't know what to think of that...

And, I've learned the Wii looks terrible in chrome... I'd go black personally... and that's a hell of a lotta work to swap a case, and can't imagine how many people will end up killing their Wii's trying that....

Ark-AMN

Banned
Heh, the disclaimer was a nice touch. Of course it was needed since some people would think the game is finished already.

BTW, Denis said a while back here that if it were up to him, he still wouldn't have shown the game to IGN yet. Meaning MS probably made this possible.

Still, one cannot argue that it hasn't come a long way since E3. I do agree though the gameplay needs a better focus to describe it. I'll be looking to read what IGN said about the controls and such.

Denis and other SK people have said constantly that the game won't ship without a stable framerate, so either 30fps locked or perhaps 60fps (remember, Eternal Darkness was 60).

Nonetheless, I'm excited.

Graphics are awesome, better than Mass Effect now.
Music is wow
Voice acting is awesome too (no doubt there with Kris Z. handling things)
Story looks to be exciting.

Reminding myself that this was just the opening of the coverage. IGN has a lot more to share.

EDIT: ooooo freaky, I posted at 3:33 :D

Just saw the footage, gfx look okay but de gameplay looks broke. I really hope this analoge controle for fighting works for them, right now i'm not seeing it.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Looks great in my eyes, I didn't think the animations were THAT bad, but I hope SK hasn't bitten off more than they can chew. Sounds waaaaay too ambitious.

BboyDubC

dfyb said:
adding more content to the game gives people a better reason to buy your game and it's the developers job to make the game worth buying. i want developers to make buying their game REALLY worth it. saying "you are only going to get this much for $60. if you want more, you'll have to buy the rest of the game in addition" right off the bat is pretty lame.

making great games is all about making it the best $60 the gamer could spend.

Ok, but say they give you 20 outfits. Then they go back and think: "hey, they might want to customize, wouldn't it be cool if you could have about 20 different possibilities for every body part?". That to me seems extra. It doesn't make the game any better, it is just user options. Go ahead and charge for that if you are going to go above and beyond what the game needs. 20 is pretty extensive enough as it is.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hunahan said:
- combat looks pretty crap -1
I dont get why people complain so much about the combat. It looked fine to me. Come on, this is an action RPG, and afaik there is not action RPG with better combat than this game. The problem is that the combat in this game is so good that you guys are comparing it with the likes of God of War and NG (which were referenced in the video, because they were good influences, but not a model to copy from), however, that shouldnt be your point of reference, your point of reference should be Diablo 2, Guild Wars, NeverWinter Knights, and others. Now, look a the combat with this mindset and you will find how amazing it looks for the type of game it is. SK is making a huge mistake by not showing more of the RPG elements. They are conveying the wrong idea about their game. This is an RPG, and the direct comparison was made with Diablo 2. If this game actually ends up delivering, and becoming a hybrid between a Diablo type of RPG and action games like God of War, coupled with a really good story, and amazing online MP elements, then I am sold.
PS: I watched the video in high quality, and the framerate seems very very stable, what was with all that whining about it? Also, please SK, fix the face of the NPC's, the last thing you want is an army of NPC clones.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
BboyDubC said:
Ok, but say they give you 20 outfits. Then they go back and think: "hey, they might want to customize, wouldn't it be cool if you could have about 20 different possibilities for every body part?". That to me seems extra. It doesn't make the game any better, it is just user options. Go ahead and charge for that if you are going to go above and beyond what the game needs. 20 is pretty extensive enough as it is.

As long as I can find a way to make my character Cardinal and Gold, I will buy any content required to do so. Same reason I bought the SC logo thing from NCAA07. If you've ever played warhammer against me you'd notice my Cardinal and Gold army. So Denis, Cardinal and Gold or don't even bother.

BboyDubC said:

If the content is done and can fit on the disk, it should be on the disk. Period.

Petrarca

Banned
godhandiscen said:
The problem is that the combat in this game is so good that you guys are comparing it with the likes of God of War and NG

:lol :lol :lol :lol

**** NO!!!

The combat is horrible, DD and SK are the ones keep mentioning DMC/GOW, raising people expectation that the game should be compared as such. In reality the game combat looks like shit compare to those games. not even by a mile close

BboyDubC

godhandiscen said:
I dont get why people complain so much about the combat. It looked fine to me. Come on, this is an action RPG, and afaik there is not action RPG with better combat than this game. The problem is that the combat in this game is so good that you guys are comparing it with the likes of God of War and NG (which were referenced in the video, because they were good influences, but not a model to copy from), however, that shouldnt be your point of reference, your point of reference should be Diablo 2, Guild Wars, NeverWinter Knights, and others. Now, look a the combat with this mindset and you will find how amazing it looks for the type of game it is. SK is making a huge mistake by not showing more of the RPG elements. They are conveying the wrong idea about their game. This is an RPG, and the direct comparison was made with Diablo 2. If this game actually ends up delivering, and becoming a hybrid between a Diablo type of RPG and action games like God of War, coupled with a really good story, and amazing online MP elements, then I am sold.
PS: I watched the video in high quality, and the framerate seems very very stable, what was with all that whining about it? Also, please SK, fix the face of the NPC's, the last thing you want is an army of NPC clones.

ROFL @ the first remark! :lol That must be it! :lol It just looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOD that I don't know what I'm seeing! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

On a more serious note, and this has to do with the second remark. Why are you trying to tell Denis what kind of game he is making. Sure he said it has strong RPG elements, but he also said he WANTS it to play like DMC. He wants it to have that Eastern style "twitch" gameplay (it twitches alright... maybe he forgot that in the east they FLOW between twitches, and their twitches look elegant, not ACTUAL twitching). So no, the game is what he has shown. What he has shown is what he believes to be the basics of the system. It is what he thinks should be the focus. He wants a DMC style game with RPG elements, he needs it to be FLUID like DMC. It isn't good enough to say: "well hey, my game is action/rpg right, so I'll make it animate worse than Jade Empire, but they should still be happy that I totally applied that jank animation to a DMC-style combat system". Doesn't work like that.

Raven1907

They definately learnt from Kojima, those camera angles and cut scenes were well directed.

Combat still annoys me, i've anticipated too human since i heard about it on gamcube, but that "clank" sound when hitting enemies its jarring as hell and doesn't really make me believe i slashed through an enemy, it should be more of a "chew" sound as if i've just cut through electrical cable and densely formed metal.

dfyb

Banned
BboyDubC said:
i think the way microsoft handles DLC has rotted your concept of value.

if more options is extra and doesn't make the game better, where do you draw the line? should games limit options to 1 from now on?

i disagree with you in that i think more options would make the game better and add value to the game. if you'd pay extra for this stuff, wouldn't that make a better value if they included it in the $60 retail disc? doesn't adding value to a game make it a better game?

they aren't trying to make the best game possible if they're holding back parts of the game. they're just trying to squeeze the most possible money out of you.

PnCIa

WOW, some awesome art there.
The horrible animations destroy every "feeling" you might get from the combat though, fix it!!!!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Raven1907 said:
They definately learnt from Kojima, those camera angles and cut scenes were well directed.

Combat still annoys me, i've anticipated too human since i heard about it on gamcube, but that "clank" sound when hitting enemies its jarring as hell and doesn't really make me believe i slashed through an enemy, it should be more of a "chew" sound as if i've just cut through electrical cable and densely formed metal.

Eternal Darkness has the best camera system ever. They learned from no one. They are the masters.

BboyDubC

dfyb said:

if more options is extra and doesn't make the game better, where do you draw the line? should games limit options to 1 from now on?

i disagree with you in that i think more options would make the game better and add value to the game. if you'd pay extra for this stuff, wouldn't that make a better value if they included it in the $60 retail disc? doesn't adding value to a game make it a better game?

they aren't trying to make the best game possible if they're holding back parts of the game. they're just trying to squeeze the most possible money out of you.

You have to look at it from this side: Would they still have put that content there if they didn't think they were going to make EXTRA profit from it? If the answer to that question is no, then they should go ahead and do it, and make it dlc. If the answer was yes, and they just cut it back so that they could sell it and gain an extra profit, then it belongs on the disk. Otherwise, gamers will ALWAYS say "well it should have been on the disk". The point is that it would never have been created otherwise.

godhandiscen

BboyDubC said:
ROFL @ the first remark! :lol That must be it! :lol It just looks SOOO GOOOOOOOOOD that I don't know what I'm seeing! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

On a more serious note, and this has to do with the second remark. Why are you trying to tell Denis what kind of game he is making. Sure he said it has strong RPG elements, but he also said he WANTS it to play like DMC. He wants it to have that Eastern style "twitch" gameplay (it twitches alright... maybe he forgot that in the east they FLOW between twitches, and their twitches look elegant, not ACTUAL twitching). So no, the game is what he has shown. What he has shown is what he believes to be the basics of the system. It is what he thinks should be the focus. He wants a DMC style game with RPG elements, he needs it to be FLUID like DMC. It isn't good enough to say: "well hey, my game is action/rpg right, so I'll make it animate worse than Jade Empire, but they should still be happy that I totally applied that jank animation to a DMC-style combat system". Doesn't work like that.
Because up until now everytime Too Human has been described, it has been compared to the likes of Diablo 2, WoW, and other action RPG's. Its just today that GoW and DMC where even mentioned. If thats the new direction of Too Human, then fine, atm looks crappy and its very mediocre at imitating such games. However, if you tell me that I can play online MP, manage my character Diablo style, and go for quests and such like in Guild Wars or Wow, then it has totally surpassed the likes of DMC, GoW and NG. It is just in a totally different genre, and I can forgive the crappy combat given the fact that in games like Diablo, Kotor, WoW and GW, the combat is just about clicks which tbh is the crappiest combat still in use. Hopefully TH is still keeping that initial Diablo 2 RPG flavor because thats what will make it fun for consoles. games like GoW and DMC already exist, and we dont need a crappy clone.

BboyDubC

godhandiscen said:
Hopefully TH is still keeping that initial Diablo 2 RPG flavor because thats what will make it fun for consoles. games like GoW and DMC already exist, and we dont need a crappy clone.

Someone want to send Denis the bailout.gif memo then or is it too late?

dfyb

Banned
BboyDubC said:
You have to look at it from this side: Would they still have put that content there if they didn't think they were going to make EXTRA profit from it? If the answer to that question is no, then they should go ahead and do it, and make it dlc. If the answer was yes, and they just cut it back so that they could sell it and gain an extra profit, then it belongs on the disk. Otherwise, gamers will ALWAYS say "well it should have been on the disk". The point is that it would never have been created otherwise.
up until now, developers have worked their ass off till the last hours before they have to submit final assets/code. why should that change?

even in your example, they're creating a master plan that decides just how much of a game they're going to package for $60. they still aren't aiming to give gamers the best game they can give.

making the best $60 a gamer can spend has it's own advantages -- YOU SELL MORE COPIES. selling more copies means a lot of inherent advantages -- one being a healthier online community. when you sell more copies, you also have a larger group of people who could potentially buy extra content you create AFTER the game is done.

if they develop the content AFTERWARD, that's when it stretches beyond what the game should include. if you have content you hold back from the retail disc, you're not making the best game you can. period.

godhandiscen

dfyb said:

I think you have it wrong because designing those 20 more customes would cost the dveloper more asset generation, integration time, balancing issues, testing etc, thus, pushing the release date when the game would be less profitable. ATM only EA has been found guilty of "holding back content". SK might pull the same crap on us, but the fact they are talking about their plans for DLC doesnt prove its already done and they just dont want to include it because they want to charge extra for it. Its just an idea, nothing is concrete. If you dont like it, dont buy it, as simple as that.
dfyb said:
even in your example, they're creating a master plan that decides just how much of a game they're going to package for $60. they still aren't aiming to give gamers the best game they can give.
They are, giving the best possible game they can make. They are even acting in an smarter way. By not aiming to include that DLC in the disk, they spend less time with prototypes and all the related work that would go to waste in a feature that most likely wouldnt be included due to time constrains. In result, they actually get to spend more time in the parts of the game that will make the cut, therefore, the game on the disk ends up being a better game than the one it would be without this planning.

dfyb said:
if they develop the content AFTERWARD, that's when it stretches beyond what the game should include. if you have content you hold back from the retail disc, you're not making the best game you can. period.
And who is saying the content is done? Right now they are trying to optimize the game and hopefully hit the scheduled release date. The fact they have a "plan" doesnt mean its already in action. Ussually devs take a break after finishing the game and then work on the DLC after hearing what the public demands.

Hannar

godhandiscen said:
Because up until now everytime Too Human has been described, it has been compared to the likes of Diablo 2, WoW, and other action RPG's. Its just today that GoW and DMC where even mentioned. If thats the new direction of Too Human, then fine, atm looks crappy and its very mediocre at imitating such games. However, if you tell me that I can play online MP, manage my character Diablo style, and go for quests and such like in Guild Wars or Wow, then it has totally surpassed the likes of DMC, GoW and NG. It is just in a totally different genre, and I can forgive the crappy combat given the fact that in games like Diablo, Kotor, WoW and GW, the combat is just about clicks which tbh is the crappiest combat still in use. Hopefully TH is still keeping that initial Diablo 2 RPG flavor because thats what will make it fun for consoles. games like GoW and DMC already exist, and we dont need a crappy clone.

The RPG aspects are still massive.

Shogun

Looks amazing! A great turnaround. I think I will wait to at least get gameplay impressions before forming an opinion on the gameplay however.

jet1911

Looks really, really good. Love the art. Animations needs a lot of work though. Oh and the music, if it's from the game, = wow.

dfyb

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I think you have it wrong because designing those 20 more customes would cost the dveloper more asset generation, integration time, balancing issues, testing etc, thus, pushing the release date when the game would be less profitable. ATM only EA has been found guilty of "holding back content". SK might pull the same crap on us, but the fact they are talking about their plans for DLC doesnt prove its already done and they just dont want to include it because they want to charge extra for it. Its just an idea, nothing is concrete. If you dont like it, dont buy it, as simple as that.
EA is not the only one to hold back content. there's a good thread here on gaf that details what games do what. even microsoft is guilty of on-disc content being accessible ONLY by buying it on live to unlock it (viva pinata).

at this point they're touting this content as being ready when the game hits, correct? it's very likely that this content will be done with the rest of the game, not afterward. similar to how oblivion had horse armor in screenshots way before the game came out... but hey microsoft wants some stuff to put on marketplace as DLC. so they hold back some content.

if SK wanted to deliver the best game possible, they wouldn't be saying "you can buy the rest of the game on marketplace" much less "you can buy the rest of the game on marketplace on the day the game is released"

what worries me is how accepting some of you are. it makes it much more likely that things like this will catch on and become mainstream, which would be a bad thing for the gaming industry. turning "make the best game possible" into "make an acceptable amount of content included in the $60 and charge extra for anything else" is not something i want to look forward to, and i don't see how anyone could seriously think otherwise.

extra content has existed for years before xbox live came in here trying to charge for every last bit they think consumers would be suckered into. PC games like UT and CS have remained popular for so many years because the developers give users a great value, not because they try to get consumers to keep buying bits of the game. CS has been around since around 1998, and it's still the most popular online FPS (it consistantly has twice as many users as halo 2 online). additional maps, features, and updates are a big part of how that's happened. extending the life of the game and doing what's necessary to help the community grow and stay alive promote additional sales far more than large marketing budgets. charging for additional pieces of games hurts the online community and life of the game.

edit: basically, you're thinking that charging for DLC is the only way to add more content to games and the only way to make more money. there are better ways to generate more revenue and profit -- they've been in practice in the PC market for over a decade. the good PC devs know how to do it. right now these PC devs are selling engines to every other developer (unreal engine, epic) and valve has the best online distribution platform and network for games (steam). these two developers hold more power than the typical console dev, and it's because they know how to generate sales in a way that benefits both the gamers (free content, healthier online communities) and the developers pocket books (more sales).

i'm done

godhandiscen

Hannar said:
The RPG aspects are still massive.
Dont tell me this, tell that to the poster to whom I was answering. I know the RPG elements are still massive and thats why animation comparisons with NG, DMC and GoW are unfair because TH should be compared to the likes of Guild Wars, Diablo 2, WoW and others, which are the current best action RPG's but have a pretty crappy battle system, something that TH excells at, to the point it gets compared to the best action games.

godhandiscen

dfyb said:
EA is not the only one to hold back content. there's a good thread here on gaf that details what games do what. even microsoft is guilty of on-disc content being accessible ONLY by buying it on live to unlock it (viva pinata).

at this point they're touting this content as being ready when the game hits, correct? it's very likely that this content will be done with the rest of the game, not afterward. similar to how oblivion had horse armor in screenshots way before the game came out... but hey microsoft wants some stuff to put on marketplace as DLC. so they hold back some content.

if SK wanted to deliver the best game possible, they wouldn't be saying "you can buy the rest of the game on marketplace" much less "you can buy the rest of the game on marketplace on the day the game is released"

what worries me is how accepting some of you are. it makes it much more likely that things like this will catch on and become mainstream, which would be a bad thing for the gaming industry. turning "make the best game possible" into "make an acceptable amount of content included in the $60 and charge extra for anything else" is not something i want to look forward to, and i don't see how anyone could seriously think otherwise.

extra content has existed for years before xbox live came in here trying to charge for every last bit they think consumers would be suckered into. PC games like UT and CS have remained popular for so many years because the developers give users a great value, not because they try to get consumers to keep buying bits of the game. CS has been around since around 1998, and it's still the most popular online FPS (it consistantly has twice as many users as halo 2 online). additional maps, features, and updates are a big part of how that's happened. extending the life of the game and doing what's necessary to help the community grow and stay alive promote additional sales far more than large marketing budgets. charging for additional pieces of games hurts the online community and life of the game.
So what do you recommend me to do? Not buy the DLC just because you think its unfair? What if I actually find it worth my money? What if the developer actually creates a game thats worth $80 so it cuts features and releases them as DLC for $20. Am I not supposed to buy them just because "its unfair". Or ask for the dev to release their $80 game at the price of $60, make the company lose money, and never see a sequel to what otherwise would have been a huge succes? Its my choice to support the games I want. TBH I have not bought any DLC from Market Place until now except the Lost Planet maps. I have around 30 Xbox 360 games, and I have had the console since launch day. Why I have not bought any DLC? Because I didnt like the games enough to get their DLC, meaning I dont give a damn wheter they get sequels or not. However, if I like TH the same way I like LP, and I think the DLC is priced reasonably, then you can bet I will pay for the DLC. Its a matter of choice. Development costs are rising, and only the best games will prevail. Its up to gamers to support which games stay and which games go. I dont know why you complain about this, and I could care less, but to convince me I should not be buying something I might want, is just wrong.

The Jason

Overall the game looks really cool, the story and concept looks incredible. The only problem is, the battle system still looks terribly awkward! The combat is fast but not fluid at all, the character jerks around very unnaturally and when he hits someone it's even worse.

But we have to keep in mind that they did say right in the beginning that improvements will be made to the animations, frame rate, ect. So Hopefully in the time before release they can make the combat animations look less like a poor mans Devil May Cry. This is still my most anticipated 360 game and I really hope Silicon Knights can pull it off!

Emowii

Banned
BboyDubC said:
Before it used to always be "but the downloadable content was created after the game was finished". Now we hear "as long as they give you a nice amount of content on the game, who cares".

Eventually it will be "Who needs more than 5 tracks in Gran Turismo? If you want more, you can pay extra for them".

godhandiscen

And when is the demo going to be out?, any ideas? In the video, it says that not all characters are available in demo. I have been thinking about this since I saw it, just I keep forgetting.

USD

godhandiscen said:
Dont tell me this, tell that to the poster to whom I was answering. I know the RPG elements are still massive and thats why animation comparisons with NG, DMC and GoW are unfair because TH should be compared to the likes of Guild Wars, Diablo 2, WoW and others, which are the current best action RPG's but have a pretty crappy battle system, something that TH excells at, to the point it gets compared to the best action games.

Isn't that exactly why they should be aiming a lot higher? It's being compared to action game heavyweights because the game is obviously trying to mimic some of the elements of that gameplay. The animation looks bad on a relative and absolute scale. That sort of animation should have been left in the dust a long time ago. Here's hoping that that video was very, very old. It just looks like a cleaned-up and beefed-up version of the E3 showing to me. Hopefully the other aspects of the gameplay deliver otherwise I won't look back at this game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom