• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs that Sampled a Video Game

ZootedGranny said:
One of the more popular rumors surrounding "Glaciers of Ice" is that RZA sampled a game.

We might never find out, but if the "Nas is Like" sample can be found, maybe someday diggers will figure out what the fuck RZA used.

glaciers of ice is a videogame sample....forgot what game

and i have the nas is like sample if u want it

in fact, i made a a bunch of mixes that show the samples of alot of hiphop songs out of boredom awhile ago, its pretty cool

neptunes

That kanye/KH similarity is just by chance. I don't think that's a sample. I think the composers might have used the same choir/vocal patch on the same keyboard (korg triton maybe?) and their arrangement could be purely coincidental, or at the very least an interpolation.

Riposte

APZonerunner said:
If I remember correctly, this was just a freestyle/mixtape track, and somebody else other than Eminem and the other guys actually added the Soul Calibur samples as backing to the rap. Wasn't the original intent.

Ty for blowing my teenaged mind.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just realized this was a thread necro but holy shit do I remember listening to Hellbound in college..

APZonerunner said:
If I remember correctly, this was just a freestyle/mixtape track, and somebody else other than Eminem and the other guys actually added the Soul Calibur samples as backing to the rap. Wasn't the original intent.
yeah it was a bit funny. I remember hearing the eminem on the radio with masta ace. They played this song and he was hearing it just then for the first time haha. And masta ace knew the words to his verse and all. I knew he probably just dropped a random freestyle and it got mixed into that but I was surprised he actually hadn't heard it till then.

Top Bottom