• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Memes of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

wxa3Fat.jpg

We Are Number One isn't there. The only meme that produced tangible good in the world and it isn't there. Fuck that and fuck dat boi.

MiszMasz

My favourite meme is the one about the 'g' in '.gif' being pronounced as a 'j'. I bet the creator never expected anyone to actually take the joke seriously and keep it going this long.

You know, I just looked up CERN (pronounced SERN) and the C is a hard C for Council... (in French unless it's pronounced with a soft C?)

Meaning, whatever the G stands for, doesn't necessarily reflect the acronym pronunciation.

Scientist humour.

My favourite meme is the one about the 'g' in '.gif' being pronounced as a 'j'. I bet the creator never expected anyone to actually take the joke seriously and keep it going this long.

You know, I just looked up CERN (pronounced SERN) and the C is a hard C for Council... (in French unless it's pronounced with a soft C?)

Meaning, whatever the G stands for, doesn't necessarily reflect the acronym pronunciation.

ChrisD

We Are Number One is factually, objectively, no ifs and or buts the best meme because it actually, you know, helped pay to treat and save a guy's life?

Why would you not put that in, come on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Arthur being #1 makes sense. Some of the edits were straight up savage.

I watched something called memevangelion at like 3am last night, it was a pretty complete list of this year's memes. The author commented that memes were a mistake, so I'm pretty sure they're a gaffer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"Dat boi" was the first meme that made me feel old because I don't really get it.

It made me miss rage faces.

marrec

Banned
I also don't get this one. Seen a ton of them.

The juxtaposition of art quality and text is funny. As the art gets more complicated the text gets less so and vice versa. As if there's a world where sonic looks like abstracted shit but speaks like the Timecube guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom