• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toriko: Manga & Discussion | Put The World On A Plate!

Vol 34 cover is complete
ZwcS0ju.png
and is about to go on sale in Japan soon

[Fugo]

Dat colour Bambina! This reminds me that Toriko tankobons were easy to find during my trip in Japan this January, yet I held back because I wanted to get some merchandise instead... WRONG, while the manga volumes could be found everywhere and positioned side to side with One Piece and other super popular stuff, I couldn't find any Toriko-related item, NOTHING, even in the couple of Jump Shops I went to :(

-----
Latest chapter:

dunno why the part where they all eat the giant Sandorikos made me laugh loudly :D

The plot didn't move one millimiter but crying Komatsu with flu-like talking is a series staple :D

I'm glad we are moving on. I know the whole point is for them to be outclassed in Gourmet world but I really don't think I can take another 6 ingredients where they have to find the magic machina that gets around the fact that they are so out-classes.

I'm glad we are moving on. I know the whole point is for them to be outclassed in Gourmet world but I really don't think I can take another 6 ingredients where they have to find the magic machina that gets around the fact that they are so out-classes.

I agree they need to do a side arc instead of going to the next main ingredient seeing as they guys are overly outclassed

We they really need is a proper cooking method for exposition in this series. Whenever they all stop and dump out plot, it's always a bit rough.

Decent chapter though.

[Fugo]

Speeding up Acacia's full course gathering is not necessarily endgame stuff, actually I'm expecting to see each ingredient to be depicted properly so it won't be over that soon, even if each ingredient lasts like half of AIR and PAIR. And with them going separate ways I think we'll be having more interesting challenges from now on. I also think that the "capturing GOD" arc will be quite long, it would be like Luffy finding the "One Piece" in one panel after a hundred volumes otherwise.
And even if the gourmet eclipse is the endgame of Toriko, one month can last a LOT in chapters depending on the pacing / story density / depicting simoultaneous events / flashbacks.
There are too many loose ends to tie up still; the Bishokukai side has been left in the shadows for a long time, and even if they suffered a tremendous blow due to NEO's infiltrations, they still have Midora, Alfaro and Starjun sor they're far from being out of the game. They must be up to something other than Midora waiting for Toriko to send him Acacia's full course.

Speaking of Midora, I just can't imagine I didn't know or at least suspect something about Acacia, this also goes for Jirou ad Ichiryuu. They must have known at least something.

I also agree that there is a possibility that this one month could span a numerous amount of volumes judging by their fact that they are in so many locals

It wouldn't be shocking either judging by the fact that tons of series like OP drag out their pacing of days..... heck Naruto had 200 chapters focused on 1 day alone lol

About the lose ends.... they can still make Toriko and his crew lose to Acacia therefore abandoning the planet and regrouping later on

If so then they could still explain a ton of lore and missing info via their space adventure.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of the planet being eaten though..... the OT title is overly amusing now

"Put the world on a plate"

I got it from the first Toriko opening and thought it was some metaphor but lol it might literally happen now

[Fugo]

Oh wow
please hybernate me for 3 years so I can read all the forthcoming chapters in one go *_*

I'm loving the teams, Zeburanchi was a given for a long time (not surprising at all tbh)
Coco/Tairan obviously will deal with a poison king
Lol at Sunny-Livebearer, I expect their part to be hilarious... but also extremely creepy

ToriJun the strongest tag team!

[Fugo];166447732 said:
Oh wow
please hybernate me for 3 years so I can read all the forthcoming chapters in one go *_*

I'm loving the teams, Zeburanchi was a given for a long time (not surprising at all tbh)
Coco/Tairan obviously will deal with a poison king
Lol at Sunny-Livebearer, I expect their part to be hilarious... but also extremely creepy

ToriJun the strongest tag team!

I am also excited for the Tag teams... I hope Shima paces these areas nicely seeing as we are having everyone split up

Edit: Also moon whale haxs

[Fugo]

Toriko 335

What the..... this is escalating quickly

Also, Teppei the spy master. I wonder if Toriko will believe him though.

Midora needs to get back into action

it was Acacia

I am guessing he finally awakened and that deformed mode is just a swell up of his power.... he will return to a more elegant form later on (something like Naraku in InuYasha)

[Fugo]

339: Godlike chapter

"Neo" spawn strong enough to eat Jirou's planet destroying punch, he was shot in the outer space but still looks harmless. The real Neo Acacia is going to be mad scary. It'a crazy how the main character is still a small fry compared to the strongest creatures.

Midora vs Joa has the potential to become the best fight in the series so far! I also wonder who Joa was before being resurrected into Frohze's body.

Oh and I loved to see old man Ichiryuu's face again

..Just what the heck has happened to Toriko over the last month? It's not bad but they really just jumped around. Not that I wanted to see the whole cooking competition and food spirits in full but I thought they would only jump away for a chapter or two and not it looks like they just moved on and are sprinting to a finish of the arc. It's like he got a letter from Jump saying 'wrap it up son! Wrap that shit up!'

Just feels strange. It's been interesting but so strange.

hopefully it they'll do a flashback for Area 6 but the fact that Toriko's smell is OP now and he just breezed through Area 2s landscape via description rather then actually exploring it... I fear that this series is getting a rushed ending via WSJ

hopefully it they'll do a flashback for Area 6 but the fact that Toriko's smell is OP now and he just breezed through Area 2s landscape via description rather then actually exploring it... I fear that this series is getting a rushed ending via WSJ

That's exactly what I thought when they jumped from the food soul cooking competition to what we have now. It's too abrupt...He was clearly doing story with Komatsu and that kid and going to explain about the food souls and something going on and just BAM! blue nitros and Acia.

I thought Toriko was getting pushed as a main replacement for Naruto but either it's just not popular enough or they decided they can just get more Naruto garbage and that's better.

Bummer, it took Toriko a few years to get going but I've really enjoyed the last year.

That's exactly what I thought when they jumped from the food soul cooking competition to what we have now. It's too abrupt...He was clearly doing story with Komatsu and that kid and going to explain about the food souls and something going on and just BAM! blue nitros and Acia.

I thought Toriko was getting pushed as a main replacement for Naruto but either it's just not popular enough or they decided they can just get more Naruto garbage and that's better.

Bummer, it took Toriko a few years to get going but I've really enjoyed the last year.

yeah a bunch of WSJ series are getting rushed as more newer series are slowly getting pushed

Gintama as well is in the rush train..... if this series skips the whole space thing then that is overly unfortunate

G-Bus

Banned
Seriously felt like I missed 20 chapters when they rushed by everything but its making more sense now with what the last two posters have said and the flashback.

wonder how long this flashback will last. their already skipping passed a bunch of crap and suddenly its like "lets revive ichyruu!".

Either way it's been pretty good since they got to gourmet world imo.

Seriously felt like I missed 20 chapters when they rushed by everything but its making more sense now with what the last two posters have said and the flashback.

wonder how long this flashback will last. their already skipping passed a bunch of crap and suddenly its like "lets revive ichyruu!".

Either way it's been pretty good since they got to gourmet world imo.

sucks that they skipped out on the cooking again (like the cooking fest)

yeah hopefully they prolong this flashback and not speed blitz it seeing as it was a decade long in their "clam" time

I also think they failed reviving Ichyruu since last weeks chapter didn't show him but Don with a new look

maybe it is the reverse were Don is the host and Ichiryuu is the spirit

pacing is back to normal which is great
I love when the author gives us these info heavy chapters

A bunch of series usually neglect the rules of their series or just outright abandon it all together it is usually rare to see a author so focused on world and rule building

feels good like HXH

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post scans here, so to be on the safe side, I'll refrain. In the latest volume, there's side information on Heracles. In it, her stats are posted. Here they are:

Beast and Food List
Volume 369
HERACLES
(Mythical Beast Type)

Capture Level: 6200
Habitat: Area 8 (Horse King Hill)
Length: 30 kilometers
Height: 22 kilometers
Weight: 2 trillion tons
Value: Unknown

I just wanted to bump this thread because holy crap at the last page

that was indeed creepy

anyway the latest chapter 360 either means we are going endgame or for all we know as they eat each ingredient they can recall how they obtained it via flashback and thus have us go through each arc

maybe Don vs Neo.... flashback.... Jirou vs Nitros.... flashback, etc...

On another note the latest volume coming out in Japan on the 4th of March is out

you'd probably get the wrong idea for the genre of the series from looking at this cover lol

been a long time since this thread was bumped but seeing as Toriko basically fully revived Red and is now done the full course power up officially

it is time to celebrate

emotions, hype, rushing

it has been a long journey and I can't wait for the next chapter

to celebrate here are some of the current attacks used in these recent chapters on the planet

credit goes to this Twitter Twitter user

Top Bottom