• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toshihiro Nagoshi Interview (Amusement Vision)

neptunes

FROM KIKIZO

03c.jpg

Toshihiro Nagoshi, General Manager, Creative Center, Sega

Kikizo: People have been asking about a conversion of Spikeout for a long time. What made you finally decide to bring it to Xbox?

Nagoshi: Well we chose Xbox because it was the perfect choice in terms of the functionality in of the hardware for the contents of the game, which includes both real-time and multi fighter battles.

Kikizo: There have been several versions of the game in the past including Spikeout, Slashout, and Spikeout Final Edition. Is this version based on any particular one of those or a new game based loosely on the original?

Nagoshi: This is something totally new. We have a new scenario here where the background has seen ten years pass in terms of the characters and story since the Final Edition.

Kikizo: I am pretty certain that the was going to be a version of Spikeout released on Dreamcast, but obviously it never saw the light of day outside Sega's office, why was that the case?
Full article here

edit: Please do not post entire articles, summarize and link. - Freeburn

8bit

Knows the Score
neptunes said:
Kikizo: Mr Nagoshi, are you interested in ever making another game with monkeys again?

Nagoshi: [Laughs] We are working on it!

You big tease.

Culex

Banned
Kikizo: Mr Nagoshi, are you interested in ever making another game with monkeys again?

Nagoshi: [Laughs] We are working on it!

... as in we actually are making a new Monkeyball game, or we are thinking about making one?

WarPig

They're making a new Monkey Ball game. When we asked him about that at E3, there was a huge kerfluffle with the PR people around him before he said "we can't talk about that" or somesuch.

It's unfortunate that nobody will ever be able to ask the most important SpikeOut question, which is "why does the Xbox version look like plump ass?"

DFS.

Hotsuma

WarPig said:
It's unfortunate that nobody will ever be able to ask the most important SpikeOut question, which is "why does the Xbox version look like plump ass?"

DFS.

Well, why didn't you ask him that at E3? It would have been swell if the original SpikeOut would have been included as an unlockable bonus. I hope the game turns out well and all, but I don't think it's going to gather up enough sales to have the other SpikeOut games green lighted for updates/ports.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
so it's safe to say he's forgotten all about his beloved Daytona USA franchise? :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
*does banana crazy anticipation dance*

neptunes said:
03c.jpg

Toshihiro Nagoshi, General Manager, Creative Center, Sega

!!!!!

DUDE, ffs!!! It is *not* acceptable to post another site's entire interview, surely?!

ESPECIALLY without link! http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_av_interview_july04.asp

Thanks for posting it and everything...

...but GAF mods... surely this is BS? I mean the original piece contained extra comment and everything, and GAF rules state that verbatim Ctrl+V action is totallty forbidden. This is well unfair on the site that worked for those interviews originaly, methinks.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kudie said:
Its great to hear they are making a new Monkey Ball game. I assume its for GC.

Well Super Monkey ball deluxe is scheduled for PS2, whatever that is.

Kudie

catfish said:
Well Super Monkey ball deluxe is scheduled for PS2, whatever that is.

Probably similar to what Sega/Sammy has decided to do with Sonic Mega Collection; re-lease an enhanced ver. of a GC game for the PS2.

With this in mind, SMB deluxe might be a collection of SMB1 and SMB2 for PS2.

Mashing

If they release SMB on PS2, they better bundle it with a gamecube controller adapter.... for obvious reasons

GigaDrive said:
No mention of DAYTONA ....sigh

still nice interview, thanks for posting it :)

And thanks to Kikizo for posting it too?

New Daytona is supposedly in development on Sega's new arcade board along with VF5.

cja

Lisa Lashes said:
Nothing about Virtua Striker 4?
The team moved to Smilebit when the previous development reorganisation took place, same time as the non-sports Smilebit teams went to AV.

sega21.jpg

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
KyotoMecca said:

!!!!!

DUDE, ffs!!! It is *not* acceptable to post another site's entire interview, surely?!

ESPECIALLY without link! http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_av_interview_july04.asp

Thanks for posting it and everything...

...but GAF mods... surely this is BS? I mean the original piece contained extra comment and everything, and GAF rules state that verbatim Ctrl+V action is totallty forbidden. This is well unfair on the site that worked for those interviews originaly, methinks.

You are, of course, 100% correct, it is not acceptable as outlined in our 'Terms of Service':

D. Copyrighted Material

The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning, although a verbal warning may be administered for a first offense. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source.

Please people, summarize & post a link to articles, posting them whole on the forum will result in people being banned, Thankyou.

Sorry about that KyotoMecca.

Freeburn.

Greekboy

Banned
cja said:
The team moved to Smilebit when the previous development reorganisation took place, same time as the non-sports Smilebit teams went to AV.

Hmmm. So is AV doing VS4 or is Smilebit? Now I'm confused.

Hi sasimirobot. *mwaaah*

GigaDrive

Banned
New Daytona is supposedly in development on Sega's new arcade board along with VF5.

yep I saw that rumor. hope its true. if it is true, then I could imagine it could be ported to one or more of the new consoles. but i'm not holding much hope for that to happen.

Shinobi

Boy, I don't know...I still think Daytona is a bit of a pipe dream. EA will charge a very pretty penny for Sega to use that name just for the arcade version, nevermind any home versions that may or may not follow. Then again I've been convinced that Sega Rally 3 is gonna drop any day now (a train I've been on for three years), so WTF do I know? Shoot, maybe they'll just rename it "Days of Thunder" or "Super Stock Car!" or "Billboards on Wheels!", or something.

jarrod

Banned
Lisa Lashes said:
Hmmm. So is AV doing VS4 or is Smilebit? Now I'm confused.

Hi sasimirobot. *mwaaah*
The VS team is now at Smilebit, who will be producing Virtua Striker 4. Similar to how once the JSR team moved to Amuement Vision, Ollie King was released under that label.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Shinobi said:
maybe they'll just rename it "Days of Thunder" or "Super Stock Car!" or "Billboards on Wheels!", or something.

RotfL @ "Days of Thunder" & "Billboards on Wheels!" !!!

Top Bottom