• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total Conversion Mods Better Than The Original

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So do you have total conversion mods that you consider even better than the original?

My prime example is Enderal. The story and setting are even better than Skyrim. Small team of people who managed to make something better than AAA developers, all using their tools.

Darkmakaimura

As you mentioned, Enderal is great, similarly as it's predecessor Nehrim. The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos also comes to mind
Yup I hear you brother. Nehrim, for those who don't know, is an Oblivion total conversion mod and takes place in the same world as Enderal.

Maybe the only problem is that the Nehrim game is in German but I think it was recently translated (?)

Gojiira

Banned
Enderal for sure, theres that Roman themed TC that got a official release too I cant remember the name offhand.
Theres several fantastic DOOM TC’s.
A Tale of Two Wastelands, TC of Fallout 3 into Fallout New Vegas as one big game,amazing when you get it all set up.

Dazraell

Yup I hear you brother. Nehrim, for those who don't know, is an Oblivion total conversion mod and takes place in the same world as Enderal.

Maybe the only problem is that the Nehrim game is in German but I think it was recently translated (?)
I believe Nehrim was available with English subtitles for years. That's how I played it. But yeah, they added English VO recently and I think it was partially AI generated. Haven't played it that way so I'm not fully sure though. I was considering replaying it a while back when I was doing my most recent Oblivion playtrhough but setting up Nehrim on Steam Deck apparently requires some workarounds and that standalone app on Steam doesn't work

Darkmakaimura

Enderal for sure, theres that Roman themed TC that got a official release too I cant remember the name offhand.
Theres several fantastic DOOM TC’s.
A Tale of Two Wastelands, TC of Fallout 3 into Fallout New Vegas as one big game,amazing when you get it all set up.
I think the one you're thinking of is called The Forgotten City. It was originally about the Dwemer when it was a mod for Skyrim. The game now has more of a Roman theme.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Darkmakaimura

Because Microsoft didn't make a sequal themselves, the fans had to go and do it

That reminds me that I can't wait to see what total conversion mods are going to be made using Starfield.

It's almost too bad that the people behind the Vyn series pretty much have disbanded. I think they could make something really awesome.

Now that stalker is again trending, OGSR:GA for the first game. And please don't recommend anomaly for newcomers to the saga

Hudo

So do you have total conversion mods that you consider even better than the original?

My prime example is Enderal. The story and setting are even better than Skyrim. Small team of people who managed to make something better than AAA developers, all using their tools.
Recently, the Star Trek mod for Stellaris absolutely, unequivocally and irrefutably fucking mopped the floor with the official Star Trek 4X game by Paradox.

It was really embarrassing to see (which is also why Paradox have dropped support pretty quickly, of course).

Darkmakaimura

Recently, the Star Trek mod for Stellaris absolutely, unequivocally and irrefutably fucking mopped the floor with the official Star Trek 4X game by Paradox.

It was really embarrassing to see (which is also why Paradox have dropped support pretty quickly, of course).
Most indie developers put all their love and passion into what they create instead of just wanting to do it for money.

So many of these developers are a small team or even just one person and look what they accomplish.

Hudo

Most indie developers put all their love and passion into what they create instead of just wanting to do it for money.

So many of these developers are a small team or even just one person and look what they accomplish.
I know one guy who'd argue that the Enderal mod for Skyrim is actually better than Skyrim.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
STALKER is the series that is based on this concept. lol. Barely anyone touches vanilla since AKM and other slew of conversions.

Last edited:
Desert Combat. It was bigger, better and cooler than BF1942 in every way.

Paved the road for Battlefield 2. Hell lots of the people making the mod ended up working for DICE.

Last edited:
The Battlefield 1944 overhaul mod for Battlefield V.

Removes women, minorities and the elite characters.

Adds Swaztikas to the Nazi's uniforms and their flags as well as adding the correct Rising Sun flag for the Japanese.

It makes the game feel so much more ominous and immersive. It just looks like WW2 and not EA woke trash.

Unfortunately the latest anti-cheat update for BFV broke all of the mods and no work around has been found yet.

Darkmakaimura

The Battlefield 1944 overhaul mod for Battlefield V.

Removes women, minorities and the elite characters.

Adds Swaztikas to the Nazi's uniforms and their flags as well as adding the correct Rising Sun flag for the Japanese.

It makes the game feel so much more ominous and immersive. It just looks like WW2 and not EA woke trash.

Unfortunately the latest anti-cheat update for BFV broke all of the mods and no work around has been found yet.
I'm going to take a while to guess that it's not available on the usual sites like Nexus Mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom