• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could GTA 6 bring back better graphics than the last Saint's Row??

HighPoly

Banned
Sorry for making one more posting so quickly. But I didn't come here for months, and my mind is very creative right now!!

Well, do you think GTA6 could be prettier graphically than the last Saint's Row?
I mean, Saint's Row is a small concept of open world game comparing to GTA, but stills relatively pretty.
Like, better than the standard GTA 5 running on PS4 without mods...
Is it possible to make a giant GTA 6 with all those next gen A.I, NPCs and an incredible graphic?

Don't really know in my perspective guys... We're getting so many problems in games today, even running on next gen consoles...
I mean, so many games running at 720p or even lower... Imagine a GTA 6 !

Last edited:

Three

The game probably won't look that graphically different to GTA5 but will have lots of small details that saints row wouldn't bother with. I think they will aim for more QoL improvements like no loading and things like that.

amigastar

Red Dead Redemption 2 looks better than 99.9% of all others and that came out FIVE years ago. It is still the pinnacle of visual design and animation work.

Zero worry about GTA VI’s visuals.
Yep, judging by RDR 2 GTA VI will look really good.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
with 30fps on console.

Michael Jordan Crying GIF

HighPoly

Banned
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks better than 99.9% of all others and that came out FIVE years ago. It is still the pinnacle of visual design and animation work.

Understood, but you need to consider the fact Red Dead 2 render only forests, deserts and small villages, with some few NPCs and Animals...
GTA 6 is gonna be a GIANT Florida like city!
Don't you think?

Especially on PC, game looks better than anything for the most part to this day. Especially since it's open world.

Aenima

Im playing the new Saints Row now, and while im actually enjoying the game much more than i thought I would, the game is far from being a great looking game. I played GTA5 on PS5 and GTA5 looks better.
Rockstar always delivers on visuals, so GTAVI will look great filled with nice details like rockstar always do.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I think visuals should hardly be a concern for a big R* game. Going by RDR2 the next GTA will probably even look better than most games released years after it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

GTA 5 looked better than GTA 4 on the same hardware(PS3 and Xbox 360)

But gta 4 has better looking effects like motion blur, depth of field and more importantly - full euphoria physics which gta 5 cut.
Gta 4 also has MSAA on 360 while 5 looked like jagged poo on 360

If you are worried about GTA6 graphics, just look at RDR 2. To this day, that game looks better than some PS5 games… Rockstar will no doubt use a new engine and they can take advantage of tricks like FSR to boost resolution.
All PS5 games or Series X.

But gta 4 has better looking effects like motion blur, depth of field and more importantly - full euphoria physics which gta 5 cut.
Gta 4 also has MSAA on 360 while 5 looked like jagged poo on 360
GTA 4 on PS3 has Quincunx AA while 5 has FXAA

GTA 5 has FXAA on Xbox 360 to make it look identical to PS3 counterpart

Besides GTA 5 didnt have those typical piss filters from 7th gen

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

5 doesn't have fxaa on 360. It had nothing... at least this is how it looked like, so if FXAA was there, it was bad.
4 on 360 has MSAA and looks cleaner. I love the "piss" filter and the atmosphere.
Anyway - 5 sacrificed a lot compared to 4.

The overall fidelity is higher in 5 but I like 4 feel a lot more.

edit: To be clear. We are talking about old gta 5.
The ps5 version is incredible looking. Even today, with new RT and TAA unique to console versions, ps5 version looks crazy good

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Most games are prettier than the last Saints Row. That’s a low bar. Red Dead 2 is prettier than that game.
yeah, but...
GTA 6 won't be Red Dead 2, that is a game based on forests and deserts, without larger cities, buildings, NPC, explosions, all kind of weapons.

My doubt is about how far GTA 6 will go in term of graphics being so complex

Three

yeah, but...
GTA 6 won't be Red Dead 2, that is a game based on forests and deserts, without larger cities, buildings, NPC, explosions, all kind of weapons.

My doubt is about how far GTA 6 will go in term of graphics being so complex
The only thing that GTA6 has to deal more with is probably transparencies and reflections but a natural landscape can be even more demanding than a city in terms of geometric detail and draw distance. I think people will be disappointed by the graphics though and it won't be a big enough jump to make jaws drop. Graphically CP2077 is going to be comparable if not better.

amigastar

Yeah, i can't stand 7th generation games had this strange filter on it. 6th gen didn't have one and so is this and last generation.

HighPoly

Banned
The only thing that GTA6 has to deal more with is probably transparencies and reflections but a natural landscape can be even more demanding than a city in terms of geometric detail and draw distance. I think people will be disappointed by the graphics though and it won't be a big enough jump to make jaws drop. Graphically CP2077 is going to be comparable if not better.
they are pretty sure about saying GTA 6 will be comparable to Red Dead 2, cause Red Dead 2 is less complex than a GTA game, and that makes sense to be prettier than GTA5.
But yeah, with all those improvements of this generation, we're gonna see a complex GTA 6 with the same Red Dead 2 graphics and physics... Nothing less and nothing more...
But if won't... Well, I'd be very disappointed...

buenoblue

What the fuck are you smoking OP. The last Saints row looks like dog shit. Get a grip son.

Edit: just realized this is some ex Volition employee smoking crack to cope 😂

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned

GTA 5 looked better than GTA 4 on the same hardware(PS3 and Xbox 360)

yeah, I'm pretty sure about that..
But I think that if GTA 6 reach Red Dead 2, with all those physics, textures, polygons, animations in a large and dense city with NPCs, and cars, buildings, I'd be very happy!

DavidGzz

I hope I am wrong but people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they are going by RDR2's visuals. I'd imagine the work to bring that level of detail to a modern city would be difficult.

Fbh

Some days ago someone made a thread around here with screenshots like these:
Saints-Row-20230906204724.jpg

And it was someone actually praising the game so I don't think they cherry picked the worst looking parts.
That literally looks like it could be a remaster of a 360 era game.

The last Saint's Row game looked like sweaty raw ass.

The last game Rockstar made was RDR2. RDR2 is still one of the best-looking games out there.

Sooooo......

Logical deduction, activate!

For the rumored $2 billion dollar budget for GTA6 and after RDR2, I would expect it to look a significantly better than Saints Row.

Pimpbaa

The current gen version of GTA5 already looks better than the last Saint’s Row. I mean it‘s not as big of jump as going from the ps3/360 to the ps4/xb1 versions, but the resolution, framerate, higher graphical settings from the PC version, RT shadows, and most importantly HDR (when setup correctly, because the default settings are way off) makes it look so damn good. Only thing really holding it back are the character models. And of course we have RDR2, which is still amazing graphically. I have zero concerns for the graphics and scope of GTA6.

HighPoly

Banned
Some days ago someone made a thread around here with screenshots like these:
Saints-Row-20230906204724.jpg

And it was someone actually praising the game so I don't think they cherry picked the worst looking parts.
That literally looks like it could be a remaster of a 360 era game.
come on guys, you all understood my position...
I'm not telling that Saint's Row is the best looking game ever, but how far GTA6 will look like, because we're basically comparing two open world GTA like games...

Come on! Don't tell me GTA 5 had better geometry and lighting than this last Saint's Row...
I know Saint's Row is a cartoon like game, but this is a starting next gen game, better in some areas comparing to GTA 5

Top Bottom