• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tough Star Wars Trivia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Marty Chinn said:
Piett died in Empire
I thought later on though.
It was after they lost the Falcon and just showed him being killed but not referenced

Piett had an A-Wing shoved through him on the bridge of the Executor in Return of the Jedi. ^_^

Fourteen found so far. ^_^

OneEightZero said:
In the Original Trilogy, Episodes IV-VI, pre-Special Edition, there are sixteen characters that appear in multiple films. Name them.

Or try this one:

Name 4 characters that appear in every Star Wars film.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
BattleMonkey said:
Said pre special editions, so Boba Fett is out

Er. Fett was at the end of Empire and the beginning of Return. He grabbed Solo in the former and fell into the Pit of Sarlaac in the latter.

Erico said:
How many fighters (both Rebel and Imperial) accompanied Lando's Millennium Falcon into the 2nd Death Star's superstructure in Return of the Jedi once the Death Star's shields went down? And what type of fighters were they?

Edit:
I'm trying to remember this myself. I think it's:
2 X-Wings (Wedge and the other guy who gets shot down)
1 Y-Wing(tries to draw away some of the TIE's through another route
1 A-Wing
2 TIE Interceptors(One guy crashes, other guy gets consumed by reactor flames on the way out

I know for a fact that there was at least
one TIE Fighter, and I think it was at least two

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I'll help you guys. You'll figure it out pretty easily once you read the spoiler. I warned you. ^_^

Look toward the bounty hunters.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Marty Chinn said:
I know for a fact that there was at least
one TIE Fighter, and I think it was at least two
Yeah, there's at least one.
Right when the TIE's enter the tunnels chasing after the Rebels, it shows one of the TIE's losing control and crashing. One of the X-Wings gets destroyed by another TIE soon after. Can't remember which one was a Interceptor and the other a Fighter.

zaxor0 said:
Why does Han Solo brag about winning the kessel run in 12 parsecs when parsecs are a unit of distance and not time?

Mudkips said:
Or the real reason - Lucas done fucked up.

And the explanation is bullshit - why would you have to maneuver around object while in hyper space? Those objects don't exist in hyperspace. And we see them make the jump several times in the movies, and see no maneuvering. The concern with hyperspace, warp speed, etc. is always where you are when you come out.

If you want a real (fake) explanation, you'll have to go with the simple fact the Han is a smuggler. He's evading imperial ships, systems, outposts, etc. He has shipments to make. Optimizing the Kessel run for distance instead of for time can be anywhere from a pure traveling salesman problem to a sneaking problem.

But this doesn't help either - the speed and maneuverability of a ship has almost no bearing on how detectable it would be to fixed scanner installations, nor does it have any bearing on how much distance would be required to travel a planned route.

Lucas fucked up.
I agree that Lucas fucked up, but the best explanation I heard was that Han had pegged Luke and Ben for local bumpkins, and he was feeding them a line of bullshit, maybe to see how naive they were. Luke seems to go along with it, but if you watch Ben he kind of rolls his eyes and a subtle "give me a break" look crosses his face.

OneEightZero said:
I'll help you guys. You'll figure it out pretty easily once you read the spoiler. I warned you. ^_^

I'm not sure that's accurate though. I thought through
all the bounty hunters
before but I don't recall any that were specifically known to be in multiple films. There are some like
IG-88
who may have been seen but there are a number of them and it might not be the same person.

Those questions were actualy easy. Get the star wars trivial pursuit its pretty fun. Although I'm a pretty big nerd of star wars so yeah.....

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Why is Lando wearing Han's clothes at the end of Empire Strikes Back?

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I got it:

One of the Jawas from A New Hope was in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi.

..OK, I don't know.

BigAT

OneEightZero said:

I was considering that group, but I couldn't think of any besides BF that appeared in Return of the Jedi. I guess two of them appear among Jabba's entourage at some point?

ultron87 said:
C-3PO, R2D2, Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Obiwan Kenobi.
Also Palpatine/Darth Sidious so I don't think that question is too difficult, and my Star Wars knowledge isn't especially great anyway.

Jackson50

BigAT said:
Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca
Yoda, Obi-Wan, C3P0, R2D2
Wedge, Lando, Boba Fett, Vader
Palpatine

Who are the three I'm missing?
Grand Moff Tarkin
. He appears at the very end of Episode III and is in Episode IV.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
OgTheClever said:
Also Palpatine/Darth Sidious
so I don't think that question is too difficult, and my Star Wars knowledge isn't especially great anyway.
Clearly not, since
Palpatine
isn't in Episode IV.

Jackson50 said:
Grand Moff Tarkin
The question only takes Episodes IV-VI into account.

BigAT

OgTheClever said:
Also Palpatine/Darth Sidious so I don't think that question is too difficult, and my Star Wars knowledge isn't especially great anyway.

He doesn't appear in A New Hope.

Jackson50 said:
Grand Moff Tarkin

The question was for only the original trilogy.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
OgTheClever said:

Palpatine wasn't in A New Hope.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Marty Chinn said:
I'm not sure that's accurate though. I thought through
all the bounty hunters
before but I don't recall any that were specifically known to be in multiple films. There are some like
IG-88
who may have been seen but there are a number of them and it might not be the same person.

The two bounty hunters that appear in multiple films are
Dengar
and
Bossk

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
OneEightZero said:
The two bounty hunters that appear in multiple films are
Dengar
and
Bossk
Really? I can't remember them appearing outside of V.
This is the bandaged dude and the dinosaur, right?

Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec was a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance.

By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs.] The smuggler, BoShek, actually beat Solo's record in his ship, Infinity, but without cargo to weigh him down.

A few months later, Han Solo beat both his own and BoShek's records in a run he made with Luke Skywalker.

Erico said:

You've got the right guys in mind but I too can't picture them outside of Episode V. I assumed it would have been
IG-88

Jackson50

Erico said:
Yes.
Dengar
appeared a few times in Episode VI. However, I do not remember
Bossk
outside of Episode V.

rhfb said:
He is a pretty big nerd when it comes to all things Star Wars, and the questions have to be based from the MOVIES only. I've come up with a few questions like

- What was the original name of Stormtrooper TK-421, intended to pay homage to one of George Lucas' early films?
THX-1138

- What is the only film to feature a blue on blue lightsaber duel?
Episode III

- Of the four movies that Darth Vader is in, which is the only movie in which he doesn't Force Choke someone?
Episode VI

So give me some other hard questions so I have a nice list to pick from when I call in tomorrow morning trying to win some tickets!

I'm not a huge star wars nerd, but those are pretty easy questions :loll

Star Wars exhibit is awesome.

ultron87

ryutaro's mama said:
In the entire 6 movies, how many hands are lost by people?

Hmm. Let's see:
- Anakin loses one in Attack of the Clones.
- He removes both of Dooku's hands shortly before his head.
- He takes off one of Mace Windu's as well.
- Obi-wan gets Anakin's other hand off I believe.
- Luke in Empire.
- Luke takes off Vader's hand in Jedi, but that was artificial.

So in total, 6 or 7, depending on whether you count Vader's.

ultron87 said:
Hmm. Let's see:
- Luke in Empire.

Correct.

Also, I should clarify--lost by lightsaber.

And for bonus points (to a lesser degree):

The thug in the bar (Episode IV) and the Woompa (Episode V)

Jackson50

ultron87 said:
Hmm. Let's see:
- Luke in Empire.

Do not forget that
Obi-Wan removes two of Grievous's hands in Episode III

rhfb said:
Now this is a very good question!!! I'll be adding this one to my list for sure.

Make sure you clarify that it is lost by lightsaber and that troopers and droid army limbs don't count.

Whimsical Phil said:
Obi-Wan also
cuts off Zam Wesell's arm
in Episode II.

So that brings the total for character hands to 10?

Awesome.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
The Bossk/Dengar thing is really sketchy, given that C-canon sources place the characters elsewhere at the time and the costumes are barely visible in the films for more than a few frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom