• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden 2 (PS4, PSV, Steam) releases on March 24th 2017 (EU)

Haha, I was literally just posting this.

Glad to see Vita confirmed. Now we play the waiting game for physical confirmation!

Sigh
tenor.gif

Will definitely still the vita version on my wishlist. March is honestly so packed I'll probably have to give it a miss at launch but I enjoyed what I played in the demo.

Vuze

I didn't know it was coming to PC too. Another one for the hunting genre! Hope the game and the pc version are good, last one sucked (locked to 1080p30)

StereoVsn

I mean the one thing we lacked in the 1st quarter were Japanese games. :)

I am debating on Toukiden 2. I liked the first one thing well enough but it wasn't that engaging overall. Then MH4 I didn't particularly enjoy, God Eater 2 was merely alright. I disliked couple Vita only hinting games as well.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
The most forgotten game in Q1 2017, My frends give me a review(already release here):
"Don't waste time play even free(pirate)"
Maybe grab it $3 on sale

EGOMON

YESSSSSS!
I better start playing FFXV so that I dedicate my time for this when it releases and if it is as good as the first one hundreds of ours are gonna lost :)

UCBooties

The first game is on sale for 15 euro on PSN. Worth the purchase?

Base game is good, Kiwami is better as it includes all the base game and a lot of new content. I love them both as a more action oriented take on the Monster Hunter style game. Some people find them a bit too repetitive with only 5 stages but they're one of my favorite Hunting Action games, second only to God Eater.

Gonna have to make or list of 1st quarter jrpgs I'll have to get to later in the year cause I'm gonna be broke. Least they'll be cheaper.

In between Nier and persona and now dark souls dlc since yesterday. These games are usually big so could see myself buying it and playing it throughout the year but in no rush to preorder or buy it at launch date. Any benefit of having tokuiden kiwami data or is it a fresh start. Will affect if i continue on the vita or start afresh on the ps4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
day 1 on PS4 :/ it sucks that so many games come out at a time.

Toukiden Kiwami on PS4 was a great game and from what i've seen of Toukiden 2 on PS4 will be even greater. They've done a good amount of customization to the core combat

maouvin

Was expecting 28th for US (Kiwami US came after EU), but I'll gladly take an earlier release.

Day one double dip once again.

maouvin

Huh, do you not make your own character? Or are the people in the trailer just NPCs you can take with you?

You create your char, yeah. Up to 3 npcs can accompany you.

edit

Does it have cross save or buy on PSN? Buy is probably unlikely but save would be neat.

Cross-save, yes. No cross-buy except for the DLCs I think.

Is there any type of data transfer from 1 to 2?

You get some gear from data importing, but you'll still start with a new character from scratch.

prudislav

now lets hope the Steam port won't be the trash-tier the first one was :)

Anyone impressions from japanese version? From the gameplay i saw it looks a kinda like mix of original Toukiden themes witz Dragons Dogma-style openworld

Inuhanyou

Was that the green lantern at the end?

One of the new features of this game is a special claw function that you can use to traverse the environment and pull enemies around for battle opportunities as well as grab onto them to jump out of reach ect

Ogawa-san

Nights of Azure, Nioh and Toukiden 2 between 2/7 and 3/21. KT taking most of my time and money in Q1.

Hopefully with a good PC port. I'll still go with PC either way since it'll cost less than half than on PS4, but I'm still hoping for that 60fps Toukiden I expected when I double-dipped with Kiwami (that was refunded 10min later).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
now lets hope the Steam port won't be the trash-tier the first one was :)

Anyone impressions from japanese version?

Game is quite well done and improves greatly over the first, thought at the same time personally its a lot easier than the first game too. Not that its exactly a bad thing. But those who are expecting like Monster Hunter type of difficulty or felt that the first one was too easy might be disappointed in that aspect.

Also the Import OT thread here.

Not too many folks imported it so not too many impressions in there.

Inuhanyou

Nights of Azure, Nioh and Toukiden 2 between 2/7 and 3/21. KT taking most of my time and money in Q1.

Hopefully with a good PC port. I'll still go with PC either way since it'll cost less than half than on PS4, but I'm still hoping for that 60fps Toukiden I expected when I double-dipped with Kiwami (that was refunded 10min later).

I would not bed on that :l its temco koei after all

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Was that the green lantern at the end?

Demon Hand

As someone else explained its the new mechanic in the game. Quite useful and you most def will be using it a lot.

-----------

For everyone else

PlayStation 4 vs. PlayStation Vita version comparison footage from the JP demo.

I own both versions and have played them enough to basically say that unless you plan to play on the go most of the time get the PS4 version. As the Vita version is quite toned down in comparison. Made it hard for me to go back to the Vita ver after having gotten so used to how the PS4 version looked in comparison. Plus personally the Demon Hand is far easier to use on a DS4 vs having to take my hand off from the controls to peck at the screen. Not exactly what one wants to do in the middle of combat.

Vuze

Weird this isn't getting a Switch port they made a bad decision
Yeah I guess they could've been the first in the genre on Switch with this. Since they also have a vita version the engine seems scalable enough to fit Switch too

Who knows what kept them from doing it though

Who knows what kept them from doing it though

The fact that it released nearly 6 months ago in Japan (where it's going to get the majority of its sales) and had a fairly average reception would probably be a start.

Weird this isn't getting a Switch port they made a bad decision

We're going to have at least 6 months of titles being localized that released in Japan long before Switch is out, so I'd hold your horses until it's actually released for a few months.

Vuze

The fact that it released nearly 6 months ago in Japan (where it's going to get the majority of its sales) and had a fairly average reception would probably be a start.

We're going to have at least 6 months of titles being localized that released in Japan long before Switch is out, so I'd hold your horses until it's actually released for a few months.
Oh I wasn't aware this has been out in Japan for so long. Disregard my post then

Zexen

If I recall correctly, this one is supposed to be open world right? How did they managed it? A city where you choose your missions and then you go on an open battlefield via a loading time or is it really open as you take your missions on cities and you go hunting via crossing the gates without loading screen?
____

So, what should we bet for the PC version? Vita port or tuned-down PS4 version? Or maybe they will surprise us!?

Top Bottom