• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2013 |OT| Celebrating 100 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Definitely looks lovely there. I've been saying that for three days now. Corsica will get a boost in tourism from the Tour.
They went all in by transmitting the entirety of the rather flat stages. Usually they wouldn't show the start of these kind of stages.

Wes

venison crêpe
Struggled to find somewhere to watch this but finally got one. Hope to see some gaps appear finally (hopefully).

Hawkie

Gerrans could be in yellow for a while now. Amazing tour for the aussies so far

Yep great showing from them. They had a plan for Corsica and it worked like a charm. Froome still looking strong for the overall. Cavendish confirmed he's been ill so hope to see him being more of a factor in the near future for the points.

Hawkie

Off again :)

tour_tiger.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Biggest break away we've seen thus far but looks like the pelaton are already organising themselves in terms of reeling them in.

What's the profile like for the end of the stage? I'm hopng for a finish that doesn't involve the sptrinters for the stage win.

Hawkie

Biggest break away we've seen thus far but looks like the pelaton are already organising themselves in terms of reeling them in.

What's the profile like for the end of the stage? I'm hopng for a finish that doesn't involve the sptrinters for the stage win.

Sprint finish most likely.

bjaelke

the Inner Ring @inrng
Sneaky finish to the Tour tomorrow, hardest climb of the day isn't categorised but comes 12.5km from the finish in Marseille

PROFIL.png

Perhaps someone (Chavanel, Voeckler, Gilbert) will give it a go.

-MB-

All the experts on tv here claiming the 7 minutes would be enough just 1 hour ago shamed.
They're gonna be caught well before the finish now.

Hawkie

Hahaha that footage on ITV BroomWagon of Sagan riding his mountain bike onto the bonnet of his car and onto the roof was hilarious (and his Forrest Gump acting).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Van den Broeck hit the ground pretty hard at the end of this stage, but apparently it's not too bad. He's our hope for the podium, so let's hope he's spared any further accidents...

Joni

Van den Broeck hit the ground pretty hard at the end of this stage, but apparently it's not too bad. He's our hope for the podium, so let's hope he's spared any further accidents...
And he is out. Good riddance, he has shown nothing aside from empty boasts his entire career so at least I won't have to hear how good he is the next couple of weeks. Maybe he'll try and participate in something else than the Tour now.

Joni

Only thing to hope for today is cross winds and echelons, otherwise it will be boooring untlil the last 10k
Considering the expertise of Quick-Step and Lotto-Belisol in that area, it could be very exciting. Neither has a reason to destroy one of the favorites, but they won't wait if someone like Froome or Contador gets left behind so it is going to be hectic in the front of the group. Every favorite will want to be there.

Edit: Or they could just take a complete off-day and really do nothing. My plan would only work with at least an escape.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kind of spewing that I've had to resort to watching the Tour on highlights outside of the first hour of a stage here and there.

At least I've got the last week off of the tour off from work.

kottila

Impey (SA) is the first African with a yellow jersey. Might manage to hold on to it for one more day before losing it

bjaelke

the Inner Ring @inrng
Janez Brajkovič out of the Tour. With Fred Kessiakoff also out today the Astana team is down to six riders

wtzgU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom