• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys ‘R’ Us Is Planning Bankruptcy Filing as Soon as Today

Let me guess. You were a kid then and you're not a kid anymore. Last time I checked, my TRU had video games, Lego, Hot Wheels, Super Soakers and RC cars. No worthwhile Transformers though because fuck Hasbro Nordic. But still.

I will tell you 1 thing ToysRUs had in the 90's they certainly haven't had since...

Model kits(Gundam, etc)
Dragonball-Z-Super-Saiyan-Gohan-Snap-Model-Kit.jpg
ToysRUs had an entire section of model kits in the late 90 till about '02. from standard stuff like cars and military to Gundam and even more.

Merc_

My sympathies to the employees. I hope they're able to find another job quickly assuming TRU is going to be closing stores.

Beyond that, I don't really have any emotional attachment to a toy store.

dolabla

I have amazing memories of Toys R Us. It reminds me of a better time when I would buy games based on the cover or properties I liked. I remember seeing that there was a Scooby Doo game and knowing I wanted it more than anything. My favorite show of all time getting had a game? How could I not get it? Game ended up being awesome too which is always a bonus.

Scooby-Doo_Mystery_box_art.jpg

I also have nostalgia for my time working about Babies R Us. There was a lot of shitty shit with management but there was still something I loved about just being in that store.

Lol, I also got my copy of Scooby Doo at Toys R Us. I was a big Scooby Doo fan, but I never even knew such a game existed until that day of going into Toys R Us and seeing it. I loved it. I still have my copy.

Top Bottom