• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for Showtime's Billions. Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti on Wall Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_raEUMLL-ZI

Cast: Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti, Maggie Siff, Malin Akerman, Toby Leonard Moore, David Costabile and Condola Rashad.
Billions takes an insider look at the world of high finance by tracking the approaching collision between two titanic figures – the hard-charging, politically savvy U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Giamatti), and the brilliant, ambitious hedge fund king Bobby “Axe” Axelrod (Lewis)
Premieres January 17th.

Looks awesome. Some dialogue is a little off, but looks awesome.

gdt

Why is none of this stuff landing at HBO? Seems like HBO is taking longer and longer to develop projects and some guys don't want to wait around for years.

Anywho, cast looks good, show looks good enough from the trailer.

Who's showrunning and writing? Who's directing? That's more important than actors these days imo.

Damian Lewis is never going to top his Band of Brothers performance, is he?

And what is it with Showtime directors and giving Lewis sweaty dutch ECU's?

Who's showrunning and writing? Who's directing? That's more important than actors these days imo.
Pilot is written by Brian Koppelman, David Levien and Andrew Ross Sorkin who is a financial columnist for The New York Times. First two are also showrunners.
Pilot is directed by Neil Burger (The Illusionist).

inm8num2

The season will end with Lewis' character about to execute a trade that will trigger a massive sell-off and destroy his competitors, then deciding to hold off on clicking the 'confirm trade' button.

ryseing

We've been hearing about Westworld for years and years haha.

It certainly looks great though. I'm not saying HBO is shit or anything.

Sorry. I've been seeing the "HBO is shit thing" from everyone post Utopia cancellation. Thought you were on the same bandwagon.

Not tryin to derail or anything, but that trailer showed effin nothing. Like at all.

This trailer looked alright. Best part was the last line, though :3

It's more the fact we finally saw something.

Millions does look great. Apologies for the derail.

Sorry. I've been seeing the "HBO is shit thing" from everyone post Utopia cancellation. Thought you were on the same bandwagon.

I was on the "HBO is shit" (at least in terms of their drama development) before it was cool. This year has proved me right. Game of Thrones season 5...True Detective season 2...The Leftovers season 2...yeah. 5-10 years ago If you'd told me that their would ever be a year that AMC, Cinemax, Starz, FX, Sundance, NBC, The CW, Showtime, USA, BBC America, WGN, and Netflix would all have better dramas than HBO I'd have thought you insane, but here we are.

On topic, this looks great. I can't wait to watch it and Shameless in January.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was on the "HBO is shit" (at least in terms of their drama development) before it was cool. This year has proved me right. Game of Thrones season 5...True Detective season 2...The Leftovers season 2...yeah. 5-10 years ago If you'd told me that their would ever be a year that AMC, Cinemax, Starz, FX, Sundance, NBC, The CW, Showtime, USA, BBC America, WGN, and Netflix would all have better dramas than HBO I'd have thought you insane, but here we are.

On topic, this looks great. I can't wait to watch it and Shameless in January.

It definitely feels like HBO is resting on their laurels at the moment. They're doing fine on the comedy side, but their dramas aren't even on the same planet as 10 years ago. Which is strange because it feels like they're more visible than ever before thanks to streaming.

I think those other networks made a leap to catch up to HBO and now they've passed them up. Why doesn't HBO have even a small low budget project, just to bring in awards. Like a quiet character drama, in the vein of Rectify.

SJRB

Gold Member
Concept seems interesting, but Damian Lewis looks so bored/boring. Toby Leonard Moore should've been the lead, the guy was awesome in Daredevil.

Tagg9

The season will end with Lewis' character about to execute a trade that will trigger a massive sell-off and destroy his competitors, then deciding to hold off on clicking the 'confirm trade' button.

Got a good chuckle out of this.

Of course, he'll needlessly remain in the show for the next season, which ends with him being accused of insider trading. The third season is about Lewis redeeming himself by working alongside Giamatti's US attorney character to expose corruption inside the major hedge fund firms.

Timbuktu

Good leads, but dialogue sounds a bit clunky. Full of one liners, a bit over the top but i would like a sense of humor along with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom