• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer: Tomb Raider Movie feat. Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Looked ....okay? Didn't look like classic TR, and it didn't look like reboot TR. Like a weird mix of both.

I recognized SO many parts of the trailer from the game, foremost is the jump from the Endurance during the wreck.

I am thrilled to see the parachute sequence. You can actually see the part where she falls off backwards with the parachute bag.

rikichi

I’ve always wanted to play the recent TR games but after seeing that trailer, I’ve lost all interest in playing them.

Sanctuary

Um, wow. This looks like it will potentially be the first non shitty video game adaptation ever. Although it's kind of weird that they decided to essentially take the entire same plot of Rise of the Tomb Raider and just turn it into live action. Also, will we get to see T2 Lara feats where she falls from thousands of feet and shrugs it off after a few seconds?

reminds me of every bad videogame movie ever.

The trailer looks nothing like the other video game films other than they all have action.

Um, wow. This looks like it will potentially be the first non shitty video game adaptation ever. Although it's kind of weird that they decided to essentially take the entire same plot of Rise of the Tomb Raider and just turn it into live action. Also, will we get to see T2 Lara feats where she falls from thousands of feet and shrugs it off after a few seconds?

I find this interesting too, save for a few key characters changed. But the plot SEEMS essentially the same.

Darknight

Seems like you have very low standards. This makes the reboot (game) seem like shakespear.

Tommi84

OP, do you lnow the definition of a trailer? Because this is not one. It's behind the scenes thing

Update- my post is no longer relevant after OP updated his with actual trailer.

This is supposed to be the origin of Lara Croft. They should have played her up more as a normal person first to make the transition more dramatic.

>trinity
>dead dad video in secret room left for child to ask em to do crazy shit
>save the world; fate of humanity

If you told me that was a Sony Picture trailer, I'd believe it. Looks bad.

chefbags

This is supposed to be the origin of Lara Croft. They should have played her up more as a normal person first to make the transition more dramatic.

Yeah it looks like she's been doing this for a while lol.

And I kinda wanted Sam to be in it since it looks like they're practically adapting the game.

Mifec

Well it has 2 good actors at least. Walton Goggins is great in everything he is in and Alicia was great in Ex Machina.

Rofl at Daniel Wu and Nick Frost being in it, straight from the set of Into the Badlands I guess.

blackjon24

The story looks to be the same quality as the game it is based on..

End of the trailer made me chuckle though I'll admit lol

Seems like you have very low standards. This makes the reboot (game) seem like shakespear.
Blame the shitty movies we've gotten. All a game adaptations needs to be, at least, is a decent action movie and it'll be among the best.

But it'll happen eventually, no different than comic movies finally getting it right

It was a decent trailer. Basically what they're doing is combining both the TR13 and ROTTR together into a movie. Also, the noise Lara makes has to be fixed lol.

I can't say I like it. Alicia looks ok but her acting is a bit robotic. It's like she has the same facial expression no matter what situation she's in.

Top Bottom