• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers Devastation (Platinum Games) boss videos on Facebook

Shaneus

Yeah, this is sounding more like a rental the more I learn of it. Comparisons to metal gear rising and repetitive environments are not things I want to hear
I dunno... that almost sounds like something that could be attributed to something like Vanquish as well.

I dunno... that almost sounds like something that could be attributed to something like Vanquish as well.

And Rising. And Bayonetta 2 (took me less than 7 hours on hard, at least). Moral of the story is not to buy Platinum games at full price if you don't plan on wringing them dry through multiple playthroughs and exploring the extras*.

*Wonderful 101 might be the exception. That game is long as fuuuuuck

Karak

I think for many there has to at some point be a floor. 4-5 is, I think even for solid fans, at the very least a cause for a moment of pause. And thats if the levels have variety and its a deep combat.
Then again most games don't have TRANSFORMERS!

npa189

Can anyone find this for in store pickup with Best Buy? Only option for me is shipping and getting it some time next week. Gotta use that GCU!

Justed ordered it, I have no patience for the retail hunt anymore :/ this should be a lot of fun though.

kodecraft

Man, the lack of reviews is unsettling. Usually a wait of this long is not for good reasons.

Just keep expectations in check. There's some intriguing hype in here, you would think this is a big budget AAA game from Platinum according to some of the hype here in the thread.

This game should be on Korra's level, and Korra was decent.

This isn't Bayonetta x Vanquish = Transformers though.

Shaneus

I think for many there has to at some point be a floor. 4-5 is, I think even for solid fans, at the very least a cause for a moment of pause. And thats if the levels have variety and its a deep combat.
Then again most games don't have TRANSFORMERS!
This is true. But I think of most games I buy/bought at full price (hint: not that many) and the percentage of ones I finished I could count on one hand. If it's a tight 5-7 hour experience, I'd be much happier than a looser 15-20 hour game that I can never be arsed finishing.

And yeah, Transformers is a big factor, too.

It's a shame... if it were half the price at launch, I'm sure it would sell more than twice as many copies.

Man, the lack of reviews is unsettling. Usually a wait of this long is not for good reasons.

Despite it being published by Hacktivision, I have a lot of faith (and trust) in Platinum. They are one of the few companies who don't fuck over their player base with shitty DLC(well Anarchy Reigns and Bayonetta) or are misleading.

Jennings

Neither Bayonettas had DLC.

And I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they ever did. Can't get enough of it on the WiiU. If my controllers ever wear out I'm putting all the blame on the countless of hours I've put into Bayonetta 1 & 2 and W101.

Zomba13

I've actually managed to snag the PC version for around £17 so rather than waiting for reviews I'm gonna jump in asap anyway.

Seems my fears were right about this being more on the Korra side of things though it sounds like that might have had more location variety lol. Seems to at least be a bit longer than Korra for a first time through and sounds like it has better bosses rather than the same boss fight repeated except for the end fight (which was legit good).

Only thing I've not heard about has been enemy variety? What's it like? Same few basic blue decepticons that showed up in all the videos and screenshots throughout the game with a pallet swap variety at around halfway through just like Korra?

Sadist

Eh, titles from Platinum Games are short but sweet. I completed Vanquish in like 4,5 hours and it's one of my favourite third person shooters. Mad World, Bayonetta (2), MGR... were all fun even if they weren't that long.

Mawarup

Neo Member
The more I see of this game, the more I can't ignore it around launch. Of the few videos I have seen, and a few samples of the soundtrack, I am not sure what can make me disappointed. I am aware of the time to finish a playthrough, but that is ok with me. Granted I can't but feel this game going on sale this holiday season.

Top Bottom