• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tri-Ace acquired by Nepro Japan, becomes dedicated smartphone/tablet mobile dev

WindButterfly

Neo Member
I'm fine with this.
The star ocean series has been finished for a long time now and i can't think of a tri-ace game that i was interested in for years.

fader

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

I will miss you...

Videoneon

Looking forward to more exciting growth/consolidation/product and market centralizing/under-utilization of talent in the mobile sphere!

RIPPPPPPPPPPPP

The companies without a focus on mobile gaming failed us all. PSNova underperforming was not good. I didn't know it was do or die, but with some of the staff leaving and lack of a strong console/handheld title, some would say the writing is on the wall

That being said, I'm still mad as hell, and RIPPPPPP

What's going to happen to PSnova? Aren't they still supporting it with DLC/adjustments...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Square realizes they just lost the one partner who could actually release an RPG in less than 10 years right?

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

I will miss you...

Word.
I was one of the very few that loved star ocean 4 international despite its flaws..and hoped they would get a chance to make another with a similar fighting system, which to me is still my all time favorite in any rpg..I'll remember you always.

Datschge

sörine;152921012 said:
I'd also like to point out that Mobile & Game Studio is essentially Game Studio. Nepro acquired them in 2011.

The creators of Xevious and Druaga aren't bad company for tri-Ace to be keeping. :)

Right, Masanobu Endo is still there at MGS as adviser to the board. Funny how there is always some Namco connection somewhere in there. =D

Yuterald

Time to go back and earn all of those Battle Trophies in Star Ocean 3/4, unlock all 10 difficulties in Ressonance of Fate and clear all 50 rounds of Valkyrie Profile 2 if you haven't already. You should probably clear all Seraphic Gate dungeons in each respective Tri-Ace title for good measure, too (including Infinite Undiscovery, so that you can witness the "Dinner, Dinner" scene 4/5 times).

Maybe, by then, we'll all be old farts living in a world playing true spiritual sucessors to Tri-Ace classics, developed by the chosen few offspring who will have grown up and followed in their mother/father's footsteps, crusading a new era/rennissance in traditional RPG gaming. Or maybe none of that will happen and we'll be too dead and tired to give a shit about the endless supply of seemingly cool mobile-based games with surprisngly good OSTs and slick artwork/logos that deceive our fragile minds into thinking these APs are cooler than they actually are.

Parfait

Well

Now i'm really out on jrpgs to look forward to. FF15, Bravely default 2, X... yep that's about it.

Heck if FF15 is ever announced for PC i have only one reason to get a ps4, which would be Bloodbourne.

I d.. um... I don't know who Nepro is. What do you think they're going to do.

tri-Ace are the three aces of Wolf Team, one of the three developers I respect and respect the legacy of more than any others. So I hope things will be okay.

Edit: Oh, they're going to focus on mobile. That's not good. :<
I don't want the legacy of Wolf Team to just make touchscreen games.

I hope that Windows 10 becomes popular in Japan. And that mobile starts to mean things like ultrabooks.
I would love to see tri-Ace games on Steam.

KingJ2002

seriously?

Wow... i know mobile is moving very fast in it's capabilities... but still feels like a waste of talent.

Seik

Banned
Well there goes my hope for a Star Ocean The last hope definitive edition.
4W2tfpl.gif

Well, not entirely, SE could always put another team than Tri-Ace for a 'HD remaster'. Though I don't think the game was a big enough success for SE to consider such thing.

A new Star Ocean though? Forget it.

RangerBAD

Get ready for Star Ocean: Mobile and Valkyrie Profile Card battles.

There goes any chance of PC ports too I guess..

That's coming anyways from S-E, but tri-Ace doesn't own those properties.

Well, not entirely, SE could always put another team than Tri-Ace for a 'HD remaster'. Though I don't think the game was a big enough success for SE to consider such thing.

A new Star Ocean though? Forget it.

If S-E headhunts some of the major players at tri-Ace (please don't do this), it could happen. If people from tri-ace start a new company or go freelance, they could be hired to make games. It's happening with RomaSaga 4.

Dsyndrome

I keep thinking when I see the thread pop back on the front page that some update comes with some kind of April Fools prank in play, or a gotcha moment.

But it's not April, unfortunately...

Top Bottom