• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trillion: God of Destruction |OT| Vita means Death

SarusGray

Game looks really interesting but unfortunately I've used up all my gaming expenses. Will hopefully get eventually!

Just started the game and are planning to play the game with JP VOs, however the start screen doesn't have an settings/options menu. Are you forced to play the prologue in english?

bomblord1

Banned
So got it and started it I gotta say I was not expecting a management sim based on what I've read.

Couple of questions is it normal to not even get a single hit in on Trillion the first battle?

And the next 2-3 mock battles :'(

I feel like something is not quite clicking for me on the battle system. I'm trying to figure out how the enemy attack cycle works because sometimes they will be right in front of me and I'll turn and kill them with no issues and other times they'll be in front of me and just keep hitting me back one square and repeating every time I try to walk in front of them to hit them until I'm dead..

So got it and started it I gotta say I was not expecting a management SIM based on what I've read.

Couple of questions is it normal to not even get a single hit in on Trillion the first battle?

And the next 2-3 mock battles :'(

I feel like something is not quite clicking for me on the battle system. I'm trying to figure out how the enemy attack cycle works because sometimes they will be right in front of me and I'll turn and kill them with no issues and other times they'll be in front of me and just keep hitting me back one square and repeating every time I try to walk in front of them to hit them until I'm dead..

Prepare to depressed: Someone on Gamefaqs beat Trillion (
All 3 forms
) first cycle, first overlord.

You really do have to get the hang of the battle system though, in that there's parts of the game where certain stats are basically useless.
In the early game defensive stats (apart from Speed) don't matter because if Trillion hits you, you will die. And Int isn't very useful later on because Trillion will negate skills that have been used on it and you'd much rather use skills for movement than damage as a result.

bomblord1

Banned
Prepare to depressed: Someone on Gamefaqs beat Trillion (
All 3 forms
) first cycle, first overlord.

You really do have to get the hang of the battle system though, in that there's parts of the game where certain stats are basically useless.
In the early game defensive stats (apart from Speed) don't matter because if Trillion hits you, you will die. And Int isn't very useful later on because Trillion will negate skills that have been used on it and you'd much rather use skills for movement than damage as a result.

What does speed do exactly? I've been pumping stats into it but I haven't notice any sort of payoff from it

What does speed do exactly. I've been pumping stats into it but I haven't notice any sort of payoff from it
It eventually let's you move faster than Trillion, so you'll have more moves in between attacks.

It's very difficult, starting out, especially since there are no guides for this anywhere that I can find. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing, haha.

Just be sure to pay damn good attention at all times in battle, cause on hit from anything can either kill you or seriously hurt your chances at beating whatever you're facing.

bomblord1

Banned
It eventually let's you move faster than Trillion, so you'll have more moves in between attacks.

It's very difficult, starting out, especially since there are no guides for this anywhere that I can find. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing, haha.

Just be sure to pay damn good attention at all times in battle, cause on hit from anything can either kill you or seriously hurt your chances at beating whatever you're facing.

That makes sense and I feel the same way. Well I have a few more mock battles in between the next battle hopefully I can get stuff figured out by then lol.

Oh hey, my LE arrived. Guess the EU branch is good about their shipping.

Hm. Now that I actually have the game in my hands, I'm kinda shaky about starting it now. I don't think there's been a single game in the past 5 years that I've bought and played day 1, usually because I wait for guides/info/patches etc so that I can get the most out of my playthrough. But then I haven't been hyped for anything this much in the past 5 years either. Time to flip a coin or something.

Oh hey, my LE arrived. Guess the EU branch is good about their shipping.

Hm. Now that I actually have the game in my hands, I'm kinda shaky about starting it now. I don't think there's been a single game in the past 5 years that I've bought and played day 1, usually because I wait for guides/info/patches etc so that I can get the most out of my playthrough. But then I haven't been hyped for anything this much in the past 5 years either. Time to flip a coin or something.
Play it so there's more than two of us going through this together, haha.

I have one more cycle before my battle with Trillion. I chose Perpell first, and I'm thinking about just sacrificing her. I've made good progress, and I was able to get Mokujin under half health during one battle. Still, I'm not sure I want to sacrifice any days/cycles just yet...

I've been doing my best, but I always feel like I'm doing something slightly wrong, haha. I'm always learning something new and better as I play.

bomblord1

Banned
I have one more cycle before my battle with Trillion. I chose Perpell first, and I'm thinking about just sacrificing her. I've made good progress, and I was able to get Mokujin under half health during one battle. Still, I'm not sure I want to sacrifice any days/cycles just yet...

I've been doing my best, but I always feel like I'm doing something slightly wrong, haha. I'm always learning something new and better as I play.

The way I understand it you probably won't beat him with the first person and the game is basically designed around that.

I'm still as confused as hell as to what I'm doing tbh though lol. The battle system has yet to click for me.

The way I understand it you probably won't beat him with the first person and the game is basically designed around that.

I figure on a new game + you stand a better chance, but for your very first girl you're going to lose. Like I said, I just don't want to sacrifice any time, and I feel like I started skilling her incorrectly. I would rather just start another girl with all the new knowledge I have.

Yeah, it dawned on me that my brain won't let me play anything else until I beat this so I've already started it up. Well to be more precise I'm currently downloading a PSTV system update. It's late over here but I should be able to play through the intro at least.

Mammon'll probably be my first sacrifice. I'm not keen on her or Perpell, but I'd feel (slightly) bad about making a kid my initial crash test dummy.

Corpekata

Banned
Even when you fuck up building a character you still get the dying breath sort of move that can help out a lot with future battles.

And yeah, you're generally not meant to really make a ton of progress with your first or even 2nd or third character, there's a reason they lock away so many of the Overlord's at first.

Anyway, finished it up. Wasn't a big fan. I admire the ideas more than the execution. Would've liked more unique abilities for the characters or ones worth using, a lot are just kind of useless. Also would've liked to be able to downscale an ability in combat, as upgrading movement abilities like charge makes their cost skyrocket and sometimes I 'd like to only go a spot or two rather than the maximum of the ability.

Done with the prologue. Picked Mammon first because
I already feel shitty for Perpell for losing her father.
My joking about getting the lamer characters killed is going to lose its fun pretty quickly.

I'm still not 100% sure whether it is actually possible
to have Elma fight Trillion
, but if so then I'm not letting her within 1,000 miles of it. She's bad for my heart, both her Eng and JP voices.

Also I think this is the first time I'm playing an (S)RPG blind in about 15 years and it's oddly terrifying, especially given the game's nature. It's made a great first impression though, even with the impending sense of doom.

bomblord1

Banned
Done with the prologue. Picked Mammon first because
I already feel shitty for Perpell for losing her father.
My joking about getting the lamer characters killed is going to lose its fun pretty quickly.

I'm still not 100% sure whether it is actually possible
to have Elma fight Trillion
, but if so then I'm not letting her within 1,000 miles of it. She's bad for my heart, both her Eng and JP voices.

Also I think this is the first time I'm playing an (S)RPG blind in about 15 years and it's oddly terrifying, especially given the game's nature. It's made a great first impression though, even with the impending sense of doom.

Hey you chose the same character as me. I chose her honestly because I liked her the least out of the 3. However after training her up getting a few of the "Interact" scenes with her and just spending so much time raising her up I became attached.

I actually felt like I could do a significant amount of damage considering I had beat the training guy the last time. I was planning on having her retreat but I made literally 1 wrong move by accident and got hit by an attack that decimated all of my affection points and left her with like 200 hp so I couldn't retreat and then I lost. Felt really shitty about it.

Also, I finally have a bit better handle on the battle system. First off any attack that moves your character several spaces is a MUST get them early get them often. Second never walk into a tile directly next to any enemies as they will immediately attack. If you can't move without doing this just attack the air and they will walk next to you this will allow you to kill them without getting hit by them. *excludes long range enemies

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. It has some issues but it's really fun trying to pump up your girl and beat Mokujin and then get all headstrong and go "Imma do great against Trillion" before getting romperstomped completely.

Also why can't I raise my affection with the Tavern Poster Girl? ;___;

God I love the designs for this game.

The only mildly effective way I've come up with is long range minions and skills.

My minions always get caught up with the small fries and stuck in front of Trillion and never make it back to his tail, which I tend to beeline for. :/
I have the tail sealed now thanks to Levia's sacrifice so maybe it will be easier to handle them now that I don't have to worry about the tail spin attack.

Wow, feeling kinda bad about sending a little girl to her death after that cutscene where
Perpell doesn't understand she's seeing her dead mom and dad.

SerTapTap

Is it just me or is the game strongly biased against magic? I'm finally using Ashmedia and unless I'm reading this wrong almost none of the passive effects buff magic damage, damage seems lower in general, and almost all magic skills that aren't thunder ray deal a fraction of normal damage.

It's got great AOE, but other than hitting Trillion at a distance it's not too great unless I'm missing something. She's only 1/4th of the way into training, but I can't imagine I'll be dealing the 450billion damage I have left just with her, but if I had a second Attack overlord like my last two I think Id' be done here. It sucks extra because I didn't want to lose Ashmedia.

Also, the game gets WAY harder after
trillion's second form
, so much so that it's kinda rude. Definitely seems the game is intended to come down to the last overlord.

Edit: I gave up on going INT only. It's definitely not the way to go.

Also, don't miss out on Interaction. I try to get my heart meter to 100% then get at least 5 scenes in. A couple of them should have a CG and reveal some important info about the character.
that will make you suffer even more when they die
and the max "heart meter" interactions are usually worth 6 million Affection Points to boot. Once you don't get scenes anymore you can stop, I think.

Once the long Rangers start coming out is when I start to panic a bit cause I haven't quite figured out the best way to deal with them. :p

Magic Minions (with the stalves)? You can usually kill them with even the weakest INT attack as an ATK attacker. Thunder Ray or Fire Wheel should waste them easily

Is it just me or is the game strongly biased against magic? I'm finally using Ashmedia and unless I'm reading this wrong almost none of the passive effects buff magic damage, damage seems lower in general, and almost all magic skills that aren't thunder ray deal a fraction of normal damage.

It's got great AOE, but other than hitting Trillion at a distance it's not too great unless I'm missing something. She's only 1/4th of the way into training, but I can't imagine I'll be dealing the 450billion damage I have left just with her, but if I had a second Attack overlord like my last two I think Id' be done here. It sucks extra because I didn't want to lose Ashmedia.

Also, the game gets WAY harder after
trillion's second form
, so much so that it's kinda rude. Definitely seems the game is intended to come down to the last overlord.

Edit: I gave up on going INT only. It's definitely not the way to go.

Also, don't miss out on Interaction. I try to get my heart meter to 100% then get at least 5 scenes in. A couple of them should have a CG and reveal some important info about the character.
that will make you suffer even more when they die
and the max "heart meter" interactions are usually worth 6 million Affection Points to boot. Once you don't get scenes anymore you can stop, I think.

Magic Minions (with the stalves)? You can usually kill them with even the weakest INT attack as an ATK attacker. Thunder Ray or Fire Wheel should waste them easily

Pretty sure its the Disgaea convention where ATK in skills actually means something approximating DMG.

But Magic is still awful because of one of Trillion's hax effects after the first form. Your standard attack with Multi-Attack and Range/Pierce Seals is your main source of damage.

SerTapTap

Jesus CHRIST that (lategame spoilers)
fucking third form what the SHIT I couldn't even hit it more than twice! I have 12 cycles to prepare now and two overlords to go but...shit

Pretty sure its the Disgaea convention where ATK in skills actually means something approximating DMG.

But Magic is still awful because of one of Trillion's hax effects after the first form. Your standard attack with Multi-Attack and Range/Pierce Seals is your main source of damage.

I'm not sure--there are like, TWO skills that specify "damage" not "attack". But the "+1 attack" to trillion's armor in fact means "-1 more endurance per hit" so they're obviously not written very well.

And speaking of THAT form's effects, how the hell do you stay close?

Edit: BTW, best I can tell just using the "extend training period" is the best Death Skill. "final blow" seems to do truly pathetic damage, Seal Part is amazing against certain annoying parts but is removed each form change, "fortify" doesn't' seem to improve damage much at all. And with the god-awful AI the partners have I can't imagine the "come back as a ghost" thing is of any use

bomblord1

Banned
Just hit the
second form
after the first 3 overlords. I've been averaging 100 billion per person I have no clue how I'm going to finish him off with my last few overlords at this pace. Also I had been counting on the
permanently sealing body parts final move now that he's hit his second form they're all gone
which makes things considerably harder.

Also my lord does time fly by when playing this game I need to find a way to speed things up because I played it the entire day nearly and haven't got that far.

Took on Trillion with my second girl. Mammon got him down to 884 billion. Not too bad, but I hate how affection goes way down when you fail or retreat.
CfGNZ8HUsAAbwUt.jpg

Just completed my first battle with Trillion. It went ok, but could've gone better. I chose to sacrifice Perpell. I felt kinda bad, sacrificing her right after her dad died. ;_; I opted to seal Trillion and give myself some extra time to train the next Overlord, Mammon. Wish I'd taken off more health, but I feel like I learned a lot just going through the one round.

Specifically, I feel like I have a better feel for how I'd like to spend my time and where and how I want to allocate skills and stat boosts.

Edit: Defeated Mokujin for the first time. If only Trillion were half as easy.

RIP Mammon. First Overlord down and it hurts like a mouthful of miasma. I feel even shittier for the pre-release jokes I made now.

She did a damn good job though, largely due to some lucky events, including two that gave me a passive called Multi Attack (normal attack hits 2x/3x/4x?) which I don't think you can learn with EXP. After a few Mokujin battles I decided to play to her natural strengths and focus on ATK/SPD, which turned out to be the right call.
Actually beat Titan Form with her and made a slight dent on Dragon Form before I ran out of retreats
. Went for the barrier as her death skill, because while
Dragon Form is leagues harder than Titan Form
, I don't think I need to start sealing its parts.

The Ace passive was amazingly helpful because of all the minion summoning, but
Dragon Form barely seems to summon any so I'll probably ignore it this time around.
Also there's one passive that looks broken in all circumstances, and a quick search confirms it so I'm gonna avoid it.

I figured Perpell would have high INT, but instead her base ATK is actually higher than Mammon's so I'll try a similar strategy with her, although her garbage SPD'll be a issue. Neglecting defence may not be a viable strategy for the endgame
if the final form's attacks are insanely difficult to dodge, but it should get me past Dragon Form.

bomblord1

Banned
Took on Trillion with my second girl. Mammon got him down to 884 billion. Not too bad, but I hate how affection goes way down when you fail or retreat.
CfGNZ8HUsAAbwUt.jpg

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure whatever affection points you have when you fail or retreat is what you carry over to the next battle. You also did considerably more damage then I did the first time around.

bomblord1

Banned
RIP Mammon. First Overlord down and it hurts like a mouthful of miasma. I feel even shittier for the pre-release jokes I made now.

She did a damn good job though, largely due to some lucky events, including two that gave me a passive called Multi Attack (normal attack hits 2x/3x/4x?) which I don't think you can learn with EXP. After a few Mokujin battles I decided to play to her natural strengths and focus on ATK/SPD, which turned out to be the right call.
Actually beat Titan Form with her and made a slight dent on Dragon Form before I ran out of retreats
. Went for the barrier as her death skill, because while
Dragon Form is leagues harder than Titan Form
, I don't think I need to start sealing its parts.

The Ace passive was amazingly helpful because of all the minion summoning, but
Dragon Form barely seems to summon any so I'll probably ignore it this time around.
Also there's one passive that looks broken in all circumstances, and a quick search confirms it so I'm gonna avoid it.

I figured Perpell would have high INT, but instead her base ATK is actually higher than Mammon's so I'll try a similar strategy with her, although her garbage SPD'll be a issue. Neglecting defence may not be a viable strategy for the endgame
if the final form's attacks are insanely difficult to dodge, but it should get me past Dragon Form.

What event have you that passive and how did you respond? Because holy crap could I use that.

What event have you that passive and how did you respond? Because holy crap could I use that.
The first time was an event where Ergo and Ragon did some 2-vs-1 training against Mammon. Can't remember if there was a choice, but if there was I picked 'go ahead with the training'. The other time was from winning a 1-vs-1 duel with Fegor. You probably already know this, but you can get those battle events with any of the other (living) Overlords and the choice is always Fight/Don't Fight.

Pretty sure both events happened right after training sessions.

SerTapTap

atk/speed are generally the most important stats anyway.

And regarding events, a lot of them, as is standard for a raising sim, have random outcomes. Like when the doctor tells you to chill out you can take his advice for a guaranteed 10 fatigue recovery or risk a 50/50? chance to get some extra XP in all stats OR gain 30 fatigue instead. You just have to learn the potential outcomes for certain random events.

Just hit the
second form
after the first 3 overlords. I've been averaging 100 billion per person I have no clue how I'm going to finish him off with my last few overlords at this pace. Also I had been counting on the
permanently sealing body parts final move now that he's hit his second form they're all gone
which makes things considerably harder.

Also my lord does time fly by when playing this game I need to find a way to speed things up because I played it the entire day nearly and haven't got that far.

Turn off all animations for one thing, the turn off training animations is GREAT.

Also you should retreat every chance you get instead of dying and use all your death skills to extend the training period early on. Your next overlords benefit from the extra experience so you'll keep dealing more and more damage.

The difficulty definitely does ramp way up

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure whatever affection points you have when you fail or retreat is what you carry over to the next battle. You also did considerably more damage then I did the first time around.
It does go away if you use it in Trillion fights. Annoying but whatevs. :p

Mammon took down Trillion's first form then promptly died on the second. She was doing 7 billion per hit, with an 11 billion crit sometimes at the end of the first form, though.

Bring on Perpell!

Got to
Trillion's final form
with Perpell after shredding
Dragon Form's tail with the Lai skill.
Then went through a fairly complex chain of emotions:

- Oh god Trillion is a waifu
- Oh god why can't I retreat anymore?
- Oh god why can't I practice this fight with Mokujin?
- Oh god her attack ranges are crazy
- Stay cool, I reached the final form and only lost 1 Overlord, I totally got this. She's a small target but I can still get some AoE hits on her.
- Trillion has developed a resistance to Lai. That skill no longer works on Trillion.
- wat
- wat
- Alright, so I guess I'll just land as many basic attacks as I can
- Trillion creates an impassable barrier around herself
- wat

That wasn't a battle, it was a massacre. And then as the icing on the cyanide-coated cake, I got to watch Perpell's death scene. At this point I'm thinking my best bet is to use the remaining Overlords to repeatedly seal its parts, in the hope that it makes the fight slightly less insane.

Anyone know if the final form's skill nullifying carries over between Overlord fights?

bomblord1

Banned
So...
Game hard locked on me in a battle and I haven't saved in 6 cycles......

Got to
Trillion's final form
with Perpell after shredding
Dragon Form's tail with the Lai skill.
Then went through a fairly complex chain of emotions:

- Oh god Trillion is a waifu
- Oh god why can't I retreat anymore?
- Oh god why can't I practice this fight with Mokujin?
- Oh god her attack ranges are crazy
- Stay cool, I reached the final form and only lost 1 Overlord, I totally got this. She's a small target but I can still get some AoE hits on her.
- Trillion has developed a resistance to Lai. That skill no longer works on Trillion.
- wat
- wat
- Alright, so I guess I'll just land as many basic attacks as I can
- Trillion creates an impassable barrier around herself
- wat

That wasn't a battle, it was a massacre. And then as the icing on the cyanide-coated cake, I got to watch Perpell's death scene. At this point I'm thinking my best bet is to use the remaining Overlords to repeatedly seal its parts, in the hope that it makes the fight slightly less insane.

Anyone know if the final form's skill nullifying carries over between Overlord fights?

What exactly are you doing with Lai that makes it wreck trillions
dragon form?
I can't even get close to it like that and Lai is wide instead of long so you can't use it as a ranged attack and it does less damage than a normal hit.

So...
Game hard locked on me in a battle and I haven't saved in 6 cycles......

What exactly are you doing with Lai that makes it wreck trillions
dragon form?
I can't even get close to it like that and Lai is wide instead of long so you can't use it as a ranged attack and it does less damage than a normal hit.
Have Lai at Lv2 or 3 and stand right next to the side of its tail, towards the middle. Each AoE square counts as a separate hit, so assuming all the squares are on Trillion's hitbox, Lv2 Lai will hit for 350% ATK (5x70%) and Lv3 will hit for 700% (7x100%). It counts as multiple hits for armour breaking as well.

Haven't had any freezes myself. There was a day 1 patch which may or may not be related.

bomblord1

Banned
Have Lai at Lv2 or 3 and stand right next to the side of its tail, towards the middle. Each AoE square counts as a separate hit, so assuming all the squares are on Trillion's hitbox, Lv2 Lai will hit for 350% ATK (5x70%) and Lv3 will hit for 700% (7x100%). It counts as multiple hits for armour breaking as well.

Haven't had any freezes myself. There was a day 1 patch which may or may not be related.

Since when does that count as separate hits? I was spamming a lvl 2 meteor (3x3 square) and Trillion and it was only registering as 1.

What all carries over into NG+ exactly?

Also how do you use Double Up for the trophy? I'd assume it has something to do with envoys but I don't really use them that often.

Jesus Christ. So I chose Perpell because I was like "I like Levia and Mammon and don't wanna kill them" so I chose the dumb little girl character cause I wouldn't care.

After raising her affection to 100%, doing all the scenes related to her, having her fight and retreat against Trillion 3 times until I couldn't run anymore...
and she beats Trillion's first form only to have me struggle to figure out his 2nd form in time and then get killed and that fucking death scene?
Jesus Christ. I felt like the biggest sack of shit. All those scenes about
her wanting to stay just a little longer with Zeabolos ;_____;

I think this game has found an incredible midpoint between emergent gameplay and scripted scenarios getting you into the game emotionally. You get the cutscenes that add onto you becoming invested due to spending so much time with your girl and trying to make her stronger and stronger so all the futility of sending them off to die is brutal.

bomblord1

Banned
Jesus Christ. So I chose Perpell because I was like "I like Levia and Mammon and don't wanna kill them" so I chose the dumb little girl character cause I wouldn't care.

After raising her affection to 100%, doing all the scenes related to her, having her fight and retreat against Trillion 3 times until I couldn't run anymore...
and she beats Trillion's first form only to have me struggle to figure out his 2nd form in time and then get killed and that fucking death scene?
Jesus Christ. I felt like the biggest sack of shit. All those scenes about
her wanting to stay just a little longer with Zeabolos ;_____;

I think this game has found an incredible midpoint between emergent gameplay and scripted scenarios getting you into the game emotionally. You get the cutscenes that add onto you becoming invested due to spending so much time with your girl and trying to make her stronger and stronger so all the futility of sending them off to die is brutal.

Dangit how are all of you beating
his first form
on your first Overlord :'( I literally fight him until he crosses the line and retreated as many times as possible but it took me 3 overlords.

Dangit how are all of you beating his first form on your first Overlord :'( I literally fight him until he crosses the line and retreated as many times as possible but it took me 3 overlords.

Are you using good passive skills? Once those start to stack up the damage does too.

Dangit how are all of you beating his first form on your first Overlord :'( I literally fight him until he crosses the line and retreated as many times as possible but it took me 3 overlords.

Which stats and abilities are you going after that you have that much trouble on him? If you're going for magic builds then that's probably why things aren't going too well, magic is pretty terrible sadly. Physical cleaves and Cannon Spike seem to be the most common way people are doing it, also getting the ambush ability along with increased dmg without moving.

You also always want to be moving with skills so it keeps the passive stacking and you cover more ground faster. If you are doing nothing but moving without skills, you'll never see any time on the boss because you constantly have to dodge everything.

Which stats and abilities are you going after that you have that much trouble on him? If you're going for magic builds then that's probably why things aren't going too well, magic is pretty terrible sadly. Physical cleaves and Cannon Spike seem to be the most common way people are doing it, also getting the ambush ability along with increased dmg without moving.

You also always want to be moving with skills so it keeps the passive stacking and you cover more ground faster. If you are doing nothing but moving without skills, you'll never see any time on the boss because you constantly have to dodge everything.

I haven't read any strats but yeah, I kinda came to those conclusions on my own and looked at abilities and stats and put everything into ATT and SPD and then pumped up the good skills and attack enhancing skills and figured out how to exploit them.

Also, I'm getting good magic results when you pump them with abilities, specifically the ones enhancing Crits. There are some abilities that if you pump them up to Lvl 3 make magic do a ton of damage, specifically from a variety of locations so you can use skills in safe areas a little easier.

bomblord1

Banned

Mainly focusing on ATK, CAP and SPD but throw some points towards others as well (just not as much). I pretty much spam The skill that moves you forward 3 spaces (that's what apparently caused my game to freeze) however
specifically on the second form
I can't even get a hit in because the entire area around him is consistently red. And the few turns it's not is when he's surrounded himself with poison tiles or is using the attack that blows you back. Every time I try to get closed I also get ganked by
his floating balls of death
within a few turns and have to retreat.

Haven't used any passive skills really just the ones I've got naturally through training. Most of them sound pretty much useless. I had one that was supposed to increase my attack for every enemy I killed but I was blasting them left and right and wasn't noticing any appreciable difference so I don't know if I was using it wrong or what.

autoduelist

Love the concept more than the execution. I want it to be 20% trainer sim, 60% roguelike dungeon crawler, 20% boss concept.... instead it's more like 90% trainer sim, 5% easy 1 floor roguelike, 5% boss concept.

I think they get a lot right; I'm playing Mammon and the story is decent... but i'm not playing the game to get to know characters. I wanted more of a roguelike dungeon crawler, and this is more 'get to know them all!'.

Oh well. Solid game, just not for me. I don't even think I'll finish Mammon. I've fought trillion, crush the dummy every time, get the concept... i'm just not drawn it, at all. Also, way to much replaying for the plat so I know that's not even going to happen.

I'm actually incredibly surprised I'm enjoying this so much. I think I knew it was gonna be mostly a time sim with one boss fight and plot/character interactions so I didn't really get too many different expectations. But I was not expecting it to be as enjoyable as I'm finding it. I might try to platinum it because I really want to see all the girls' scenes; they are surprisingly well done.

It's probably like a 6/10 game or 5/10 that I'm enjoying at a 7 or 8 level. I guess it just hits the right notes for me.

I think they get a lot right; I'm playing Mammon and the story is decent... but i'm not playing the game to get to know characters. I wanted more of a roguelike dungeon crawler, and this is more 'get to know them all!'.

This is probably just a case of not looking into the game enough before buying it. I also wish some of the concepts were different than how they turned out, but they never once tried to make the game seem like it was about something other than the characters. They want you to care about them so their eventual deaths have some sort of significance.

Top Bottom