• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 in 3D on the PS4 is incredible

really sad there aren't a lot of 3d enabled games this gen- ps3 had a few-and I made it a point to check out if not BUY every one of them.

OP is correct tho- Trine 2 looks stunning

Both my TV and PC monitor use passive 3D which means I can play games in 1080p 60 fps.

With passive displays even lines go to one eye and odd lines to the other, the extra vertical resolution is converted to antialiasing. This works really well, the depth level your eyes aim at converges so you still get the full 1080 resolution with both eyes combined.

It would be great if the PS4 had support for passive displays this way..

Im a bit confused....I thought PS4 needed a software update to do 3d movies, but it can do 3d games?

specifically 3D blu-rays. Vuze supports 3D movies just fine. lack of 3D Blu-ray support is just the Blu-ray playing software presumably taking Sony longer than they expected. It's lacking in more ways than just missing 3D support. I hope an update for it happens soon though. Preferably before Gravity hits 3D Blu-ray.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I wouldnt mind experiencing this, but I already have Trine 2 on WiiU, and with the touchpad use, along with already owning 4 or so remotes mostly from the wii, for multiplayer and only 1 DS4, I would most likely still play it on WiiU.
The game supports touchpad on PS4 as well. Works nicely too, I just wish there was also an option for a relative movement (like cursor on laptop) just to see if it would work better.

astonish

3D gaming on the PC is amazing when it works. Trine 2 was one of the best. (So was Skyrim! OMG).

It's really too bad it didn't take off as its so much more immersive. Oh well, VR is around the corner at least.

angrygnat

Only played Trine 2 demo but my God it's beautiful. Makes me really excited for the games 5 years from now. Judging by the looks of today's game, they are going to look incredible.

RiverBed

Banned
sorry, but I still don't understand:
how can I play trine 2 in 3d on the Ps3?
I'm at a friend's house with a 3d TV. and I don't know how to work it.

thanks again for the help. :)

Top Bottom