• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "I don't like what has happened with drug prices"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not

Banned
So far, everything he's said is bullshit. Everything he's done via government appointments and symbolic tolerance and encouragement is incredibly harmful.

I don't give a shit what he says.

Lol, that garbage OP doe... Yes, it's heresy to not blindly criticize Trump for everything Hurr Hurr Hurr! So witty!

He still has to do something though and ask his policies have been started to be things that will only raise costs so please do explain things to the ignorant people of GAF.

This is even more hilarious after the US commerce secretary sent a letter to Japan said he was disappointed in them cutting drug costs.

The OP is a BoB. If the world doesn't completely fall apart he'll make a thread about it as a job well done

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Orange menace must not have any money invested in those companies. They aren't making money for him, so they shouldn't be making anything.

NandoGip

Don't bother listening to what he says, you have to watch his actions. His words are all lies, everything he's done has been almost always the worst possible thing that can be done against the american people.

I love how there is always a counter tweet for what he says.

nah. He just doesn't understand what medicine does, but he does know his own are expensive. He's probably using statines for cholesterol or something for high blood pressure, considering he's overweight.
Trump isn't smart enough to truly lie about stuff that affects him. That letter of his health that he wrote was basically as much as saying "I have had cancer, do use drugs, and am not that healthy". He's probably had skin cancer, since that's fairly common with people who tan a lot, and he's 70 to boot.

You know what's really funny? A real doctor would have managed to hide that.

Maxim726X

Dr. Trump could always cut out vaccines entirely to save some dough:

trump-autism_ez48zh.png

... Of course he's anti vaccine.

Is InfoWarz his homepage? Jesus Christ.

mnannola

Let me know when he actually does something about it. Or when he appoints someone that completely contradicts this view.

Quixzlizx

It's kind of pathetic the scraps Bernie or Busters like the OP will cling to just to prove some sort of non-existent point (Trump is better than Hillary would've been? I honestly don't know what angle the OP is going for).

It's kind of pathetic the scraps Bernie or Busters like the OP will cling to just to prove some sort of non-existent point (Trump is better than Hillary would've been? I honestly don't know what angle the OP is going for).

The point is to absolve themselves from any guilt after their shitty political ideology lead them down the path of voting for Trump

Dr. Trump could always cut out vaccines entirely to save some dough:

It still blows my mind that Hillary Clinton, who herself has a sketchy history with alternative medicine, was the only pro-vaccine candidate of among Stein, Johnson, and Trump. Such a horribly depressing time to be an immunology researcher or pediatrician.

Codeblue

Everything Trump says is meaningless. He's held opposite views on every single issue, often in the same week. He finally said something hopeful on climate change only to suggest an oil lobbyist from Oklahoma run the EPA.

There's no comfort in anything he says because his actions will always betray any positive message he puts out.

Apdiddy

Can't wait for his appointment of Martin Skrelli as the head of the FDA. Trump says something is bad then appoints the very people that should not fix it to fix it.

Balphon

It's not difficult to find examples of Trump saying sensible things, just as it isn't difficult to find examples of him saying horrendous things.

The problem is that he doesn't actually believe any of it.

In the past month my prescription cost has doubled! DOUBLED! From $60 which is already way too much to $120!!!!

Something is seriously wrong in this country if my family wasn't so well off how are other people getting by? They aren't, that's why healthcare costs is the leading cause of bankruptcy.

Ogodei

Haha exactly. Now THAT will lower drug prices, remove all those silly rules. Get them drugs straight to market!

You could get a lot of good data by having mass-market clinical trials of hundreds of thousands or millions of patients.

The fact that you think there was an "angle" I was going for says more about you than it does about me. I just saw something and commented on it. You're the one looking for an agenda where none exists, when you should be wondering what you still stand for after your candidate was defeated by Donald Trump.

The point is to absolve themselves from any guilt after their shitty political ideology lead them down the path of voting for Trump

You don't seem to feel any guilt that your terrible candidate that everyone warned you that nobody liked managed to lose to Trump in the biggest upset in American political history. So I guess if you feel no guilt I don't feel like I should have any either. You should take responsibility for yourself before you throw stones at others.

Kurdel

Banned
There is always the off chance that he realizes the immensity of the stakes at hand, and decide to govern mostly by the polls while the rest of his cabinet generaly fucks shit up.

You don't seem to feel any guilt that your terrible candidate that everyone warned you that nobody liked managed to lose to Trump in the biggest upset in American political history. So I guess if you feel no guilt I don't feel like I should have any either. You should take responsibility for yourself before you throw stones at others.

Trump supporters still reminding us that they're actually worse than Trump.

studyguy

That's nice, but it means extraordinarily little considering his appointments and current commitments to past promises. In the end talk is cheap from Trump. Show me actions.

Jonm1010

Banned
The problem with Trump on stuff like this, is he is absolutely right on the problem(very few of these so we are clear), but his general ignorance on so many topics surrounding the issue opens him up for misdiagnosing the cause and botching the treatment.

Especially when you look at who is around him and the party he has to work with.

My guess is the ultimate result will be a neutering of the FDA and superficial promises from the drug companies, who were already in the process of culling their gouging due to the growing outrage from Americans and the larger spotlight. But he will NEVER do the sensible thing like let Medicare negotiate drug prices or the crazy thing he suggested of allowing Americans to import the same prescription drugs from Europe.

Wat?

I'll toss all the stones I want at people who helped trump win. I played no part in his victory and your shitty attempt at logic does not change this.

Balphon

The fact that you think there was an "angle" I was going for says more about you than it does about me. I just saw something and commented on it. You're the one looking for an agenda where none exists, when you should be wondering what you still stand for after your candidate was defeated by Donald Trump.

Come on, man. You can't claim the absence of an agenda and then launch into an attack on Clinton at the slightest provocation. It's transparently hypocritical.

It's fine to have an agenda. But if you really were BoB during the campaign, you got what you wanted: Bust. I'm not sure why you feel compelled to grasp at the thinnest of straws Trump is offering you.

Quixzlizx

lmao... your no-angle OP included "LOL SO I KNOW TRUMP IS EVIL AND ALL SO WE CAN'T SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT HIM, BUT LOOK AT THE GOOD STUFF HE'S GONNA DO" when it's clear he has stream of consciousness verbal diarrhea. Just check his Cabinet picks if you think he's going to follow-through on the "good" things he's said.

royalan

Trump isn't just a moron, he's an inconsistent moron. Don't listen to his words, they're worth less than dirt.

Look at his actions. Has he appointed anyone with a vested interest in lowering the cost of prescription drugs to a role in his administration? No?

There you go.

Quixzlizx

-Voted for Trump because thought it was funny
-Voted for Trump because they believed him. Lol
-Protest Voted
-Didn't Vote

Or they have Hillary Derangement Syndrome and they are desperate to grasp at any straw to distort reality, no matter how wispy and glued to Donald's orange head it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom