• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I'll change Mt. Denali back to Mount McKinley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

He's like saying Ohio > Alaska.

ndfEVdu.gif

Why was the name changed in the first place? I'm a bit out of the loop.

From the NYTimes:

The move came on the eve of Mr. Obama’s trip to Alaska, where he will spend three days promoting aggressive action to combat climate change, and is part of a series of steps he will make there meant to address the concerns of Alaska Native tribes.

It is the latest bid by the president to fulfill his 2008 campaign promise to improve relations between the federal government and the nation’s Native American tribes, an important political constituency that has a long history of grievances against the government.

Denali’s name has long been seen as one such slight, regarded as an example of cultural imperialism in which a Native American name with historical roots was replaced by an American one having little to do with the place.

Brakke

Banned
President McKinley never set foot in the state of Alaska

Seattle is in King County in the state of Washington.

Washington never came here, duh.

King County's namesake was retconned from some white dude to MLK, despite Dr King having only ever been in King County for like two days.

HeySeuss

Get fucked, Trump. And fuck Ohio. They ain't got shit to do with Alaska.

Easy there tough guy. Nobody in Ohio gives 2 shits about what a mountain in Alaska is called. Even considering the mountain is named after a president from Ohio.

Trump is making it a platform because our governor Kasich has opposed the name change. I would bet most Ohioans don't even know the mountain was named after him in the first place.

Trump thinks its something Ohioans care about so he cares because Ohio is an important electorate stats.

User 406

Banned
Ohio has a long and rich tradition of siring great people, people who change the world, people who make history, just as soon as they get the fuck out of Ohio. So many of our boldest astronauts lived the dream of getting farther away from Ohio than human beings have ever been. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, but the induction ceremonies are always in New York. The Wright Brothers took humanity to the skies, once they were safely out of Ohio. Ohio boasts seven presidents, who all got the hell out and moved to D.C. Three of them even died in office rather than come back. Drew Carey moved to California so he could make a sitcom about Cleveland. Lebron James came very close to leaving for good.

Mt. McKinley exemplifies this storied history. A tall mountain as far as possible as you can get from Ohio and still be in the same continent and country is a powerful symbol of just how great you can be if you just get the hell away from here.

We still need to be able to tell our children that they can reach the greatest heights of achievement, if they would just leave Ohio. Please, let us keep a part of Ohio, really, really far away.

I hope he wins, everything he does and says is hilarious.

I hope he at least wins the nomination because I'm pretty sure that during a debate he would call Hillary Clinton a "stupid bitch" on live national television and no way do I want to miss that.

We are fucked either way, may as well go down laughing.

Maximus.

The fact this guy has a chance is just scary. America, don't make another mistake with your leadership. I do appreciate his blunt honesty, but I just don't see things ending well with him in power.

Fishlake

I don't care either. Besides, if everyone in the area is calling it Denali it might as well be named what they are calling it. I've always thought of names being bestowed on you rather than you choosing it.

Then to those dissing Ohio, we are a pretty amazing state and I understand your jealousy.

andthebeatgoeson

Hey guy, you really think I give a shit about what I posted? It's trump, might as well throw anything against the wall.

Trump will be the first troll president.
Have you totally missed Obama's first two terms? Dude even said, I would win again, in the face of all the talk of him being a dictator. Dude's troll game is on point.

Mr. Trump, I really hate how eating pizza, doritos, ice cream, and mountain dew makes me fat. I don't want to exercise either. Please fix this, America's #1 problem.

Sincerely,

An American

Ohio has a long and rich tradition of siring great people, people who change the world, people who make history, just as soon as they get the fuck out of Ohio. So many of our boldest astronauts lived the dream of getting farther away from Ohio than human beings have ever been. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, but the induction ceremonies are always in New York. The Wright Brothers took humanity to the skies, once they were safely out of Ohio. Ohio boasts seven presidents, who all got the hell out and moved to D.C. Three of them even died in office rather than come back. Drew Carey moved to California so he could make a sitcom about Cleveland. Lebron James came very close to leaving for good.

Mt. McKinley exemplifies this storied history. A tall mountain as far as possible as you can get from Ohio and still be in the same continent and country is a powerful symbol of just how great you can be if you just get the hell away from here.

We still need to be able to tell our children that they can reach the greatest heights of achievement, if they would just leave Ohio. Please, let us keep a part of Ohio, really, really far away.

lol I was about to say something along these lines earlier but considering I have no real affiliation with Ohio I thought it better to leave it alone.

Mael

holy shit, I can actually hear a comedian doing this skit.
Its awesome!

He's already fallen away from his "not your regular GOP" guy role and settled comfortably into the "do the exact opposite of everything Obama does" generic GOP guy mold.

ivysaur12

Banned
I hope he wins, everything he does and says is hilarious.

I hope he at least wins the nomination because I'm pretty sure that during a debate he would call Hillary Clinton a "stupid bitch" on live national television and no way do I want to miss that.

We are fucked either way, may as well go down laughing.

no.

He's already fallen away from his "not your regular GOP" guy role and settled comfortably into the "do the exact opposite of everything Obama does" generic GOP guy mold.

No Generic GOP guy mold would ever attack a fox news person, make fun of or antagonize them in any way so while I think he's moving a little close to generic GOP, he's certainly still quite different and surprisingly different in his own unique awful ways.

Ironically I think the other GOP candidates have moved closer to the way Trumps being doing things [saying whatever batshit crazy thing is on your mind] to try and compete with trumps audience

So now Trump is being a racist piece of shit to Native Americans.

The mountain is in Alaska, not Ohio, you filthy dummkopf, who cares what they think.
Fuck Trump and fuck Mckinley too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom