• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, known for his tremendous respect for women, pulls back women workers rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

On March 27, Trump revoked the 2014 Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces order then-President Barack Obama put in place to ensure that companies with federal contracts comply with 14 labor and civil rights laws. The Fair Pay order was put in place after a 2010 Government Accountability Office investigation showed that companies with rampant violations were being awarded millions in federal contracts.

In an attempt to keep the worst violators from receiving taxpayer dollars, the Fair Pay order included two rules that impacted women workers: paycheck transparency and a ban on forced arbitration clauses for sexual harassment, sexual assault or discrimination claims.

Noreen Farrell, director of the anti-sex discrimination law firm Equal Rights Advocates, said Trump went "on the attack against workers and taxpayers."

"We have an executive order that essentially forces women to pay to keep companies in business that discrimination against them, with their own tax dollars," said Farrell.

Many learned about forced arbitration clauses for the first time just last year through the Fox News sexual harassment case. Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson dodged her own contract's arbitration clause by directly suing former CEO Roger Ailes rather than the company. Ailes' lawyers accused Carlson of breaching her contract, and pressed for the private arbitration to try to keep the story out of courts and the public record.

A new lawsuit filed Monday by Fox News commentator Julie Roginsky joined a growing list of accusations against Ailes, and claims Roginsky faced retaliation "because of plaintiff's refusal to malign Gretchen Carlson and join 'Team Roger' when Carlson sued Ailes," NPR reported.

By overturning the Fair Pay order, Trump made it possible for businesses with federal contracts to continue forcing sexual harassment cases like Carlson's into secret proceedings — where the public, and other employees, may never find out about rampant sex discrimination claims at a company.

Blumenthal told NBC News that Trump's overturning the Fair Pay order sends women's rights in the workplace back "to a time best left to 'Mad Men.'"

Much more(yes, he is that much respectful) here

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ons-women-workers-n741041?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Lock if old

Amir0x

Banned
white women who voted for Trump: hope you like a time when peeps thought you were best left in the kitchen. Enjoy :D

traditional roles, fuck abortion, men know what's best!

duckroll

Isn't he just making it more fair for men? Why the double standard? What makes women more special than men? Everyone deserves the same treatment! Agreed?!

Can't let those sexual harassment lawsuits from frail women get in the way of straight hard working white males that keep this country going. I mean, what was the woman doing at a job and why wasn't she home pushing out babies and cooking dinner?

This is /s just in case

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No one loves women more than him.

I'm just going to throw up onto my keyboard.

How many times is a Republican president going to just ruin my fucking life? Honestly? The economy crashed my second year of college. Thanks Bush. Now Trump's rolling back women's working rights and slashing the budget of the field I want to go in.

This is the kind of shit that just makes me wonder what the fucking point is of trying anymore. Never going to be who or what I want to be in life. Always going to be screwed over by old white men.

Bring on the nuclear holocaust. I'm ready.

Tommy DJ

Melania & Ivanka must be proud

White women can often be their worst enemies...where they're basically willing to sell their rights if they can obtain a Hermes handbag or a pair of Louboutins.

If those trends among millennials are true, we're regressing back to a mentality where a patriarchal society is the right society.

Amir0x

Banned

How many times is a Republican president going to just ruin my fucking life? Honestly? The economy crashed my second year of college. Thanks Bush. Now Trump's rolling back women's working rights and slashing the budget of the field I want to go in.

This is the kind of shit that just makes me wonder what the fucking point is of trying anymore. Never going to be who or what I want to be in life. Always going to be screwed over by old white men.

Fuck that, don't let this scumbag win. This too shall pass. His administration is already crashing and burning and it has been only 70 days. Be outraged, be aghast. Don't give up. Remember how vital these votes were, and then come back and work a hundred times harder to make sure this never happens again. Vote Democrat, forever, until the end of time and demand your friends and family do too. Don't be meek about this choice to those around you. Remember this horror, and remember how important it is that you change as many votes as possible.

Didn't he dedicate this month to women too? The hypocrisy is too fucking much.

He held up the LGBTQ+ flag too and look how much that mattered
That was just another example of him using women as tools. They never exceed that definition in his mind and when they try, he's the type to cut them down. With his newfound power a guy like him wouldn't resist an opportunity to express his dominance over every woman in the US

Jenov

Horrific. +1 for pussy grabbers like Trump to keep getting multi million dollar fed contracts... while making the world a worse place for female workers.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This country needs to do some soul-searching, and begin patching up every way that someone could possibly regress social progress. We should never, under any circumstances, be taking steps backwards. There should not be a party that gives voice to such things, let alone allows them to act upon it.

Ac30

Only 3 days into sexual assault awareness month, impressive.

Also, when Trump is out, the next democrat should start by rescinding every one of his EOs, just like he's doing to Obama. Remove this shitstain from the annals of history.

Amir0x

Banned
Only 3 days into sexual assault awareness month, impressive.

Also, when Trump is out, the next democrat should start by rescinding every one of his EOs, just like he's doing to Obama. Remove this shitstain from the annals of history.

It is some small justice that literally every history book ever written going forward is going to spend at least a page shitting on every aspect of this man's life and presidency once he dies.

And he won't be alive long anyway, his old unhealthy ass. He'll die not long after his presidency. I'll be airhorning the fuck out of that day.

Fuck that, don't let this scumbag win. This too shall pass. His administration is already crashing and burning and it has been only 70 days. Be outraged, be aghast. Don't give up. Remember how vital these votes were, and then come back and work a hundred times harder to make sure this never happens again. Vote Democrat, forever, until the end of time and demand your friends and family do too. Don't be meek about this choice to those around you. Remember this horror, and remember how important it is that you change as many votes as possible.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm a little pessimistic. I campaigned my ass off for Hillary, helped turn Nevada blue and get Catherine Cortez Masto into the Senate.

When we oust Trump, we'll get Pence. If Pence goes with him, we'll get Ryan. And on and on, just another Republican president to keep fucking up my life plans and keep me poor and unfulfilled.

I've said over and over again on these boards that I'd prefer Pence to Trump because at least Pence won't start a nuclear war, but sometimes I read stories like this and welcome obliteration. Which is totally unfair. I know it is. I shouldn't actively wish to take other people out with me. But man.

Just. Fuck, guys.

Dear white women:

giphy.gif

Ac30

It is some small justice that literally every history book ever written going forward is going to spend at least a page shitting on every aspect of this man's life and presidency once he dies.

And he won't be alive long anyway, his old unhealthy ass. He'll die not long after his presidency. I'll be airhorning the fuck out of that day.

Now that he's President all the vile shit that he's done in his life will be brought to light, and fill the books. It won't be pretty.

Also, the thread on his death will be a graveyard all of its own. Can't imagine the mods take kindly to gloating over someone's death even if it's Trump's lol. Well worth a ban though!

Amir0x

Banned
You'll have to forgive me if I'm a little pessimistic. I campaigned my ass off for Hillary, helped turn Nevada blue and get Catherine Cortez Masto into the Senate.

When we oust Trump, we'll get Pence. If Pence goes with him, we'll get Ryan. And on and on, just another Republican president to keep fucking up my life plans and keep me poor and unfulfilled.

I've said over and over again on these boards that I'd prefer Pence to Trump because at least Pence won't start a nuclear war, but sometimes I read stories like this and welcome obliteration. Which is totally unfair. I know it is. I shouldn't actively wish to take other people out with me. But man.

Just. Fuck, guys.

I get it, trust me. Hard not to feel hopeless when this monster is attempting to overturn years of progress. But your story just confirms it: We need you, in our party and fighting these monsters going forward. This is but a battle in a longer war. Progress always eventually wins out. We can't give up now when things seem darkest, that's what they want. Our complacency, our retreat from politics and participation.

This guy is a fraud, and Pence is too. One way or another, we gotta keep the pressure on so that their agenda is relentlessly stalled. So far, that's actually working rather well. Republicans are at war with themselves, when they have control of every branch of government!

Ac30 said:
Also, the thread on his death will be a graveyard all of its own. Can't imagine the mods take kindly to gloating over someone's death even if it's Trump's lol. Well worth a ban though!

I don't know. Sometimes when some people expire, the world undoubtedly becomes a better place. Would it really be gloating to say you won't shed one tear over his death? :p

Korigama

I don't think I've ever seen so petty or ceaseless a drive to undo absolutely everything done by a previous president just because his name was on it (though in this case, it's safe to say it's a mix of Trump's misogyny and his hate boner for Obama).

Platy

As a famous feminist once said (and I been trying to remember for 10 minutes who) that feminism is an eternal fight because our rights will never be taken as rule, so at the first chance they will take our rights down.

Acorn

He just goes out his way to be the biggest cunt. I wonder what shitty company he did this for.

Trump for the working class. Ha.

Darknight

Thanks White women and any women out there that voted for him!!

MAGA!!

Cant believe people voted against their own interests, jfc.

As a famous feminist once said (and I been trying to remember for 10 minutes who) that feminism is an eternal fight because our rights will never be taken as rule, so at the first chance they will take our rights down.

Wow. Isn't that the fucking truth.

BriGuy

The smartest thing Obama could have done in his last few months of presidency was to go whole hog on regressive executive orders. Use a little bit of the ol' reverse psychology. Because that's all this is. That's all any of Trump's questionable reversals are. He's pissy that Obama made a fool of him so now he's trying to deconstruct his legacy piece by piece.

Darknight

So how can women's rights be cemented in place and never be removed? I'm not the brightest regarding laws but shouldnt this be not allowed?

Like any progress to improve citizen's lives, why should the next administration remove them if they are fair and the right way to move forward? Like common sense shouldnt let some dirt bag old white guy's misogyny win over people's rights.

My life was blown way off course by Republican economic mismanagement as well, but you have to keep going and make the best of your situation. It's what I'm doing, and while I wouldn't say I'm completely fulfilled in life I'm happy for the most part. I still have a lot of life left to live as well, and who knows what the future will bring. Like most things it will be a mix of good and bad, with more of the former hopefully.

Ac30

So how can women's rights be cemented in place and never be removed? I'm not the brightest regarding laws but shouldnt this be not allowed?

Like any progress to improve citizen's lives, why should the next administration remove them if they are fair and the right way to move forward? Like common sense shouldnt let some dirt bag old white guy's misogyny win over people's rights.

The equal rights bill was killed in the 70s, and since then never revived. EOs like obama's can be rescinded by Trump

Got

Banned

So+much+for+the+tolerant+left_a38dbb_6179065.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
white women who voted for Trump: hope you like a time when peeps thought you were best left in the kitchen. Enjoy :D

traditional roles, fuck abortion, men know what's best!
Oh no, they just believed this would only affect the "bad mujeres", not them too.

I feel sorry for women who are against this motherfucker and will get screwed because of him. As for those who voted for him, let's hope they learn the lesson: if someone talks like a sexist, walks like a sexist and is a sexist piece of shit, then he definitely is one. Voting for him will get you hurt, you idiot!

Amir0x

Banned
Oh no, they just believed this would only affect the "bad mujeres", not them too.

I feel sorry for women who are against this motherfucker and will get screwed because of him. As for those who voted for him, let's hope they learn the lesson: if someone talks like a sexist, walks like a sexist and is a sexist piece of shit, then he definitely is one. Voting for him will get you hurt, you idiot!

I feel like someone an animated gif shouting "surprise!" is appropriate here :p

Totally true, all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom