• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, known for his tremendous respect for women, pulls back women workers rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
So is there a list of every order Obama signed? I want to know who's going to be screwed over next for no reason.

Cheeto being petty fuck is not as funny when he's actually affecting people's lives.

Trey

Trump's presidency so far underscores just how much reasonable and decent stuff Obama did as president. It's like every day there's another Obama EO being overturned that sounds horrible to go on without.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It is some small justice that literally every history book ever written going forward is going to spend at least a page shitting on every aspect of this man's life and presidency once he dies.

And he won't be alive long anyway, his old unhealthy ass. He'll die not long after his presidency. I'll be airhorning the fuck out of that day.
I would willfully encourage people pissing on this motherfucker's grave when that day comes.

Actually no, he may in-fact want that...

ericexpo

Trump once said that if Ivanka was being sexually harassed, she should leave her job and think about a new career.

So, this EO sorta fits his belief system toward sexual harassment.

Bill O'Reilly gives it a thumbs up I bet.

I mean this tells me the strength of a woman if she can just leave a job and how great she is that she can pick up another!

I hope this is a chapter in ivankas next book

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like someone an animated gif shouting "surprise!" is appropriate here :p

Totally true, all of it.
It's just, I don't understand what's going on inside their heads. The guy has been on record bragging about power allowing men do what they want to women, sexually and otherwise. What the hell did they expect to happen once he won? For him to suddenly say "You know what, I've been an ugly misogynist and I regret it, so I will do my best to change my ways"? Why would he do that, when he has never shown any kind of empathy for anyone else before? He's a freaking psychopath who enjoys hurting people, and these women (and many immigrants and poor white people) knowingly and deliberately voted against their own interests. And then you have some of them stating they would vote for him again... You know, to be honest, at this point I don't even know if they will ever learn. I really hope they do, but it's hard to be hopeful.

Ac30

Pound that bro fist.

I can't imagine people will leave his grave alone. Then again, he fears nothing more than being forgotten. Maybe it's for the best everyone ignores him once he's gone.

I don't know. Sometimes when some people expire, the world undoubtedly becomes a better place. Would it really be gloating to say you won't shed one tear over his death? :p

Not shedding a tear is an understatement :p

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
It is some small justice that literally every history book ever written going forward is going to spend at least a page shitting on every aspect of this man's life and presidency once he dies.

And he won't be alive long anyway, his old unhealthy ass. He'll die not long after his presidency. I'll be airhorning the fuck out of that day.

I don't think his presidency will survive the year.

Dear white women:

giphy.gif

This is now the correct gif to use:

uXoCOUU.jpg

RaidenZR

Blumenthal told NBC News that Trump's overturning the Fair Pay order sends women's rights in the workplace back "to a time best left to 'Mad Men.'"

When America was "great"...
smh

Acorn

I get it, trust me. Hard not to feel hopeless when this monster is attempting to overturn years of progress. But your story just confirms it: We need you, in our party and fighting these monsters going forward. This is but a battle in a longer war. Progress always eventually wins out. We can't give up now when things seem darkest, that's what they want. Our complacency, our retreat from politics and participation.

This guy is a fraud, and Pence is too. One way or another, we gotta keep the pressure on so that their agenda is relentlessly stalled. So far, that's actually working rather well. Republicans are at war with themselves, when they have control of every branch of government!

I don't know. Sometimes when some people expire, the world undoubtedly becomes a better place. Would it really be gloating to say you won't shed one tear over his death? :p
Pieces of shit do not cease to be pieces of shit when they die. I'm not one to follow the deification of everyone as soon as they die, fuck that.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't think his presidency will survive the year.

Probably will, these investigations take time. And something of this magnitude is going to take a while to get all the mechanisms in place.

We'll see though. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

It's just, I don't understand what's going on inside their heads. The guy has been on record bragging about power allowing men do what they want to women, sexually and otherwise. What the hell did they expect to happen once he won? For him to suddenly say "You know what, I've been an ugly misogynist and I regret it, so I will do my best to change my ways"? Why would he do that, when he has never shown any kind of empathy for anyone else before? He's a freaking psychopath who enjoys hurting people, and these women (and many immigrants and poor white people) knowingly and deliberately voted against their own interests. And then you have some of them stating they would vote for him again... You know, to be honest, at this point I don't even know if they will ever learn. I really hope they do, but it's hard to be hopeful.

I've said it before that I'd feel more sympathy for these folk if Trump was a good con man, like he was really amazing at lying to everyone and hoodwinking folks. But he didn't even pretend to be a good liar. This dude just lies about everything, 24/7. He's like a washed up used cars salesman at some shady dealership. Not one aspect of his performance is believable or authentic. Nothing about him is charming or upright.

And yet these motherfuckers voted anyway. Hard to feel bad for this level of idiocy.

Pieces of shit do not cease to be pieces of shit when they die. I'm not one to follow the deification of everyone as soon as they die, fuck that.

I know, but I've read plenty of indignant posts about even people like Osama Bin Laden when there were celebrations about his death here. I just know I won't be sorry about celebrating the day, as morbid as that sounds :p

Dryk

If there's one thing I can't stand it's forced and secret arbitration

Also, the thread on his death will be a graveyard all of its own. Can't imagine the mods take kindly to gloating over someone's death even if it's Trump's lol. Well worth a ban though!
My go-to line nowadays is that repentance or voluntary removal from public influence would have been a better outcome, but death is good enough. Celebrate the fact that a person is no longer poisoning the world, not the fact that they're (coincidentally) dead.

white women who voted for Trump: hope you like a time when peeps thought you were best left in the kitchen. Enjoy :D

traditional roles, fuck abortion, men know what's best!
I honestly think a lot of em want it to go back to that for some bizzaro reasons:/

It's like a damn cult these people I tell ya.

Acorn

I know, but I've read plenty of indignant posts about even people like Osama Bin Laden when there were celebrations about his death here. I just know I won't be sorry about celebrating the day, as morbid as that sounds :p
Ahh okay, I get you.

S-Wind

Now that he's President all the vile shit that he's done in his life will be brought to light, and fill the books. It won't be pretty.

Also, the thread on his death will be a graveyard all of its own. Can't imagine the mods take kindly to gloating over someone's death even if it's Trump's lol. Well worth a ban though!

Would a mod bring the banhammer down on a post that reads:

So Donald Drumpf is dead...

I reckon there are people who, upon hearing this news, are like, "FUCK YEAH!!! Rest in shit you disgusting piece of vomit! The world is a better place without you!

I mean, that's not gloating over someone's death. That's thinking about what someone else's reaction might be.

Keri

white women who voted for Trump: hope you like a time when peeps thought you were best left in the kitchen. Enjoy :D

traditional roles, fuck abortion, men know what's best!

Posts like these are gross. You sound like you care more about watching Trump voters suffer, than the general roll back on all women's rights. Unfortunately, all women are affected by these policies.

Ac30

Would a mod bring the banhammer down on a post that reads:

So Donald Drumpf is dead...

I reckon there are people who, upon hearing this news, are like, "FUCK YEAH!!! Rest in shit you disgusting piece of vomit! The world is a better place without you!

I mean, that's not gloating over someone's death. That's thinking about what someone else's reaction might be.

I actually picture an entire thread of "Press F to pay respects"

Only fitting.

RinsFury

Now that he's President all the vile shit that he's done in his life will be brought to light, and fill the books. It won't be pretty.

That thread will be a celebration. As it should be.

Amir0x

Banned
Posts like these are gross. You sound like you care more about watching Trump voters suffer, than the general roll back on all women's rights. Unfortunately, all women are affected by these policies.

I've worked harder for these issues that likely anyone who you're likely to quote in this topic. Some of the very stuff we lobbied for when I was in Washington. I also however regularly feel the need to rub these events in the face of Trump's voters, because they caused this to themselves. the suffering is earned.

None of it implies I care about Trump voters suffering more than the rollback of women's rights, so you can stuff that bullshit when you brought it from.

Keri

I've worked harder for these issues that likely anyone who you're likely to quote in this topic. Some of the very stuff we lobbied for when I was in Washington. I also however regularly feel the need to rub these events in the face of Trump's voters, because they caused this to themselves. the suffering is earned.

None of it implies I care about Trump voters suffering more than the rollback of women's rights, so you can stuff that bullshit when you brought it from.

Your first post in this thread, is literally celebrating the roll back of women's rights, because you're happy a group you dislike will be punished in the process. That's great that you're working towards these issues, but you're doing a horrible job of representing them, right now. Your post was gross.

Amir0x

Banned
Your first post in this thread, is literally celebrating the roll back of women's rights, because you're happy a group you dislike will be punished in the process. That's great that you're working towards these issues, but you're doing a horrible job of representing them, right now. Your post was gross.

I don't think you know what celebrating means. You're conflating rubbing the results of their own votes in the face of said voters with celebrating the rollback itself.

Nuance is good. Embrace it.

Keri

I don't think you know what celebrating means. You're conflating rubbing the results of their own votes in the face of said voters with celebrating the rollback itself.

Nuance is good. Embrace it.

I don't know man, you sounded pretty happy about it. Also, the fact that it was your first response, is what suggests you care more about punishing the women who voted for Trump, than the suffering of all women.

Sorry, but I think language matters and, personally, it's pretty disheartening seeing threads like these consistently fill with posts that communicate only happiness about punishing the women who "deserve it."

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know man, you sounded pretty happy about it. Also, the fact that it was your first response, is what suggests you care more about punishing the women who voted for Trump, than the suffering of all women.

Sorry, but I think language matters and, personally, it's pretty disheartening seeing threads like these consistently fill with posts that communicate only happiness about punishing the women who "deserve it."

Yes, I am happy that those selfish voters who thought Trump's evil policies wouldn't affect them are going to reap the punishment for their selfishness and racism and hate. I firmly believe that the only way these people are going to change their ways - since Trump's offensively obvious misogyny and racism didn't do it - is by feeling the pain that resulted from their actions. This is undoubtedly the best motivator, and it will help us win future votes quicker to fix these rollbacks. And yes, some people DO deserve this for their irresponsible, hate-fueled vote.

Second, there's not some order I have to comment in to prove I am authentically against the suffering of women. My actions do that. It is a subject close to my heart and one I have worked many years on. Nor do I need to prove this to you because you find the comments tasteless. I'm indulging you because I feel you misunderstood my intent, not because I doubt my resolve on this issue.

Third, I know that right now there's nothing I can do to actually fix this rollback. More elections are going to have to occur, more pressure. So there is no actual rush for me to make a different type of comment now rather than keep putting in the work, since it will take time.

Keri

Second, there's not some order I have to comment in to prove I am authentically against the suffering of women. My actions do that. It is a subject close to my heart and one I have worked many years on. Nor do I need to prove this to you because you find the comments tasteless. I'm indulging you because I feel you misunderstood my intent, not because I doubt my resolve on this issue.

Third, I know that right now there's nothing I can do to actually fix this rollback. More elections are going to have to occur, more pressure. So there is no actual rush for me to make a different type of comment now rather than keep putting in the work, since it will take time.

I'm not asking you to prove anything to me. I appreciate you offering explanations, but I don't expect you to prove to me that you care about women's rights. For what it's worth, I don't disbelieve you. I'm only telling you that I found your comment distasteful and that I personally hate seeing these kinds of responses, because they don't communicate sympathy for the majority of women, who will suffer due to these policies, which is where I think the focus really needs to be.

I get that people are frustrated and I get how we all like a little schadenfreude, but it makes me uncomfortable when the focus shifts away from the general harm being experienced by all women. When we focus on the women who we believe "deserve" to suffer, I worry that we're subtly encouraging people to stop caring about the issue in general. I believe you, completely, that your intent isn't to do that, but that's my explanation for why those comments make me uncomfortable.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm not asking you to prove anything to me. I appreciate you offering explanations, but I don't expect you to prove to me that you care about women's rights. For what it's worth, I don't disbelieve you. I'm only telling you that I found your comment distasteful and that I personally hate seeing these kinds of responses, because they don't communicate sympathy for the majority of women, who will suffer due to these policies, which is where I think the focus really needs to be.

I get that people are frustrated and I get how we all like a little schadenfreude, but it makes me uncomfortable when the focus shifts away from the general harm being experienced by all women. When we focus on the women who we believe "deserve" to suffer, I worry that we're subtly encouraging people to stop caring about the issue in general. I believe you, completely, that your intent isn't to do that, but that's my explanation for why those comments make me uncomfortable.

Amen. As gratifying as it is to see Trump voters suffering under his administration's awful decision making, I can't honestly say that I think any group of people deserve this kind of legislative treatment. It's just heartbreaking all around, and that little bit of schadenfreude doesn't make up for it.

I get it, trust me. Hard not to feel hopeless when this monster is attempting to overturn years of progress. But your story just confirms it: We need you, in our party and fighting these monsters going forward. This is but a battle in a longer war. Progress always eventually wins out. We can't give up now when things seem darkest, that's what they want. Our complacency, our retreat from politics and participation.

This guy is a fraud, and Pence is too. One way or another, we gotta keep the pressure on so that their agenda is relentlessly stalled. So far, that's actually working rather well. Republicans are at war with themselves, when they have control of every branch of government!

My life was blown way off course by Republican economic mismanagement as well, but you have to keep going and make the best of your situation. It's what I'm doing, and while I wouldn't say I'm completely fulfilled in life I'm happy for the most part. I still have a lot of life left to live as well, and who knows what the future will bring. Like most things it will be a mix of good and bad, with more of the former hopefully.

Thanks, guys. :( I'm just so tired, and sometimes it's a little cathartic to be a bit selfish about the bad things that happen. I know that staying engaged is important for other women, important for this country, but every once in a while it's nice to just have a little "but what about ME" moment.

I'll never stop fighting for the women of America, even the white women who abandoned us on election day. Even if they don't care about what happens to the rest of us, their daughters might, and those girls need a future to look forward to, too. Maybe in some sick way I can be an anti-role model for those girls. "Republicans screwed me over multiple times when my adult life was beginning, and my life went nowhere as a result. Fight, fight, keep fighting, so that you have the opportunities to become more than what I turned out to be."

Melania & Ivanka must be proud

They don't give two shits, they're loaded for life and their children's children will be loaded for generations to come...the day they care is when the land is swallowed up by the sea.

Guess I'll look onward to our weekly " Woe is me! I got duped by Trump!" Thread on this matter.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Think of it this way: if women are discouraged to work, they can't be sexually harassed at work. Within a year, Trump will show that since passing this bill fewer women will have reported sexual abuse on the workfloor than any year of the Obama administration.

I find that death would be going too easy on him.

At least make him watch his legacy be dismantled in front of his eyes and his name dragged through all manners of dirty first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom