• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picking staunch opponents of net neutrality to oversee FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the internet actually fights this.

Like, the whole internet.

Half of it is still busy celebrating every word the yellow idiot says. So, no. They will start when it's way too late.

Ploid 3.0

Looking forward to going back to getting netflix disks in the mail again. Cable TV providers are dancing now, no cutting the cord.

Cyanity

Banned
It's gonna take way more than a couple terms of a Democrat president after Trump to clean this mess up.

We'll be dealing with the ramifications of the Trump administration for the rest of our lives.

"But they were both awful haha I didn't vote." FUCK those people. They fucked our country over so bad ugh I just can't

Boy, I'm sure glad we debated these issues in the televised debates. Oh wait, we were too busy talking about e-mails and locker room talk.

blackw0lf

Many of Trump's supporters are young white males who live on the internet.

They won't like this.

Which means activists and the Democratic Party should be making plans to mobilize them to fight against this.

So let's see:

-Pay more to use slower internet
-Pay the same if not possibly more for healthcare
-Pay the same if not marginally less or possibly considerably more on income taxes (esp if you have multiple children)
-Almost assuredly not going to get their "jobs" back in way they expected, if at all

What about economic anxiety again?

As much as I want to laugh at the irony of Trump getting the support of Reddit/4chan/alt-righters, this needs to be stopped.

I'll laugh enough for the both of us.

Contact your reps and Donate:
Electronic Frontier Foundation

So let's see:

-Pay the same if not marginally less or possibly considerably more on income taxes (esp if you have multiple children)
-Almost assuredly not going to get their "jobs" back in way they expected, if at all

And all of this could be seen from a mile away if people had actually stopped being distracted by emails and "tells it like it is" BS and considered not only the GOPs track record but Trump's lack of solid policy.

I would like to see websites do what Netflix did, where they slowed their speeds down to demonstrate what will happen to websites without net neutrality.

Reddit, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon. Take away a person's convenience and then see how much they like a Trump presidency.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
There's a special place in hell for those people..

..right next to harambee

edit:

god damnit Bufbaf, you ruined my joke.

I'm sorry :) At least now I feel slightly better about the Harambe thing not being actually true.

And all of this could be seen from a mile away if people had actually stopped being distracted by emails and "tells it like it is" BS and considered not only the GOPs track record but Trump's lack of solid policy.

Yeah, this disaster was in "no shit" territory long before it got to this point.

Trump voters deserve everything that's coming to them.

So let's see:

This was an election of feelings, not policy. Which makes the 'identity politics" hottakes really fucking ironic.

You guys really think Trump will be in the crosshairs when the net neutrality rules come down? Nah, he'll deflect like hell, blaming it on this or that. His supporters will be convinced it's the work of liberals.

Mortemis

Banned
We're fucked brehs. Comcast and buddies are prepping the lube as we speak.

I hope 4Chan/Reddit get put in their own special category that's extra expensive. If we're all getting fucked, I hope they get fucked more.

Petty as fuck but whatever. Do it.

We're fucked brehs. Comcast and buddies are prepping the lube as we speak.

I hope 4Chan/Reddit get put in their own special category that's extra expensive. If we're all getting fucked, I hope they get fucked more.

Petty as fuck but whatever. Do it.
Reddit is text, no matter what happens with net neutrality they have nothing to worry about.

YouTube, Netflix, HBO, and other video sites are the only ones this might affect and in the end, it's probably not going to be a big deal (just like how we didn't have net neutrality enforced by the government for many years and everyone survived)

tirminyl

Every appointment I just laugh. It's like a joke that never ends. Am I being too worked up by this? If only I could afford my own private island with a never ending library of books.

Onemic

So, what does this mean for Canada's internet?

Will net neutrality being gone in the US have any affect on it in Canada?

It doesnt mean anything. The US isn't Canada.

Even moreso because Trudeau is PM. So I dont think there would be any influence/push towards us doing the same thing either.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Reddit is text, no matter what happens with net neutrality they have nothing to worry about.

YouTube, Netflix, HBO, and other video sites are the only ones this might affect and in the end, it's probably not going to be a big deal (just like how we didn't have net neutrality enforced by the government for many years and everyone survived)

Those many years was before obama.

Net Neutrality isn't going away without a fight.

Never mind what the alt-right thinks about it. The second they try and get rid of it the rest of the internet will fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom