• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump rally in Iowa next Thursday, June 1st

Tovarisc

Edit: It's cancelled: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238256493&postcount=84

DAoJN7BWsAEXokS.jpg

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867516017878212609

Did Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, W., Obama, etc. hold these types of rallies while serving as President?

Obviously they held big public speeches, but they were usually tied to a purpose other than "I'm your President, aren't I the greatest??"

It's really unsettling to know our President desperately wants to be a dictator and would rewrite the Constitution in a second to make him one if he could get away with it.

Ithil

I can't wait for the first one of these little pathetic ego boosters backfires and the crowd is more hostile than expected.

He's going to tell the crowds all about how he has miraculously done what no other US President in modern times has ever done before - certainly not that Obummer - and has single-handedly brought peace to the whole Middle East. The most tremendous peace ever.

I hope Iowa City and the Cedar Rapids population floods this one rather than the statistically more conservative rural Iowa.

Smart holding this once the students are gone.

K.Sabot

oh how nice of trump to host a town hall where all his constituents can confront him

he better hire a ton of thugs to throw people out, maybe it'll be caught on camera too

Throwing cultist parties as continual bad news comes out seems like a great way to seem creepier and creepier to everyone but the most radical subfaction

Bossking

Banned
So, do you have to pay to attend these rallies? I'm hoping they backfire too, but if these are paid events, chances are it's only going to be his most diehard fans willing to put up the money.

chekhonte

I don't see how these rallies can possible garner the support they did before the election. Can anybody believe anymore that he's their guy and is going to do all these things for them?

What the fuck can his messaging even be at this point for such an event?

Loxley

I can't wait for the first one of these little pathetic ego boosters backfires and the crowd is more hostile than expected.

I wouldn't count on it. The folks who attend these things are his die-hard supporters, the ones who think he's infallible and anything negative about Trump is either liberal propaganda, fake news, or simply not his fault. They're a part of that 30% that will support him no matter what.

If anything attendance may go down as time goes on, but I wouldn't anticipate anything beyond that.

Massicot

How many minutes into his speech before he reminds us he had the largest electoral victory for a republican since reagan

chekhonte

I just occurred to me what a shit show the 2020 elections are going to be presuming the ol' Trumperino will make it that long.

Green Yoshi

When will he switch the slogan from "Make America Great Again" to "Keep America Great?". ;-)

Gotta recharge his health batteries after that exhausting trip

And he wasn't even in Germany. ;-)
I assume there will be no speech from him in Berlin. But he should really visit our wall. It was so succesful back in the day. So amazing. ^^

This. I live in Iowa and Cedar Rapids doesn't seem as much of a safe place as say Florida.

Yeah I'm from Cedar Rapids and currently live in Iowa City. By Iowa standards, they are pretty liberal counties. I'm surprised he would do a rally in a county that he lost. It seems like he generally does these as a "reward" for his supporters. Hopefully a lot of protesters show up.

Kart94

Banned
I almost want to see the look on the faces when the supporters realized that Trump put one on them with his budget. Trump is a good cars salesman, selling 50 million ugly beat up cars.

lord pie

I looked up what that references. I haven't seen the TV show, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

I was meaning it'd be interesting to see a protest that is the complete opposite of everything trump stands for; He is powered (in a way) by attention and people reacting to him (both positively and negatively).

I'd be curious what would happen if the crowd was utterly, totally reactionless - as if he wasn't there.

Top Bottom