• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump responds to former Mexican president's comments: "The Wall Just Got Higher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDotZee

Banned
Everyone in Mexico: "LOL"

Fake edit: Besides, wasn't he complaining that he got fucked over by someone in Mexico on a business or deal? That's basically the people that runs the country! He will have the whole country fucked and in the end the US will have to pay for the, badly constructed, wall and "reparations". Mexican politicians love reparations.

I wish Stewart or Colbert were still around. Trump running for President and being openly racist as fuck, Marc "I am a robot" Rubio malfunctioning, and Ted Cruz as that guy nobody likes.

The only reason I'd like for Trump to win is to watch him try (and inevitably fail) at building that godforsaken non-wall of his. Especially with the Mexico paying for it part.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
hqdefault.jpg

Resurrect The Wall and have him guard the border. Nobody would dare cross.

Guevara

Dude's like the principal from The Breakfast Club:

"Keep laughing, Mexico, you're up to 8 weeks of suspension! I'll have your ass here all summer!"

Mariolee

I wish Stewart or Colbert were still around. Trump running for President and being openly racist as fuck, Marc "I am a robot" Rubio malfunctioning, and Ted Cruz as that guy nobody likes.

What? Stephen is stilm around. Making fun of Trump is pretty much a Late Show staple!

I was just wondering what Mexico's response was to this.

Now I'm imagining the hypothetical future where Trump is explaining why Mexico isn't paying for the wall. I wonder how well it would go over. This is such a weird election cycle.

I'm still not getting what the "...or else" part of his political posturing is, that will somehow convince Mexico to build the wall.

Ogimachi

Gotta hand it to him...lol

I'm still not getting what the "...or else" part of his political posturing is, that will somehow convince Mexico to build the wall.
From his website:
Mexico must pay for the wall and, until they do, the United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards – of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. We will not be taken advantage of anymore.

Seriously. I may be misreading the situation, but his answer of "we'll make it bigger" seems to be in response to "we're not going to give you money." It just sounds like Trump is 100% convinced that he'll be able to extort money from Mexico, and is willing to gamble money to make it happen. AKA: The cost of having a mediocre businessman in the Oval Office.

d00d3n

I love this. A mediocre person would have made the threat "The Wall Just Got More Expensive!". It is genius to respond like he did. Such powerful visual imagery with a new even higher wall. Trump is confirmed as the PR grand wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom