• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to announce end of DACA, six month delay before enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Honestly, I don't think I've wished a debilitating stroke or massive coronary on anyone as much as Trump. Fucking horrible human being with literally zero redeeming qualities.

Blader

Fuck Jeff Sessions. That racist piece of shit convinced Trump to end it.

Trump was always ending it.

The only silver lining here is maybe it'll finally light a fire under Ryan and McConnell's asses to actually pass a fucking law to protect DREAMers. Enough Republicans have made waves about it in the last couple days that hopefully there will be some momentum on this asap.

Wamb0wneD

I feel for everyone who has to go through shit now because of this giant fucking shitstain. God damn. I really hope people find lawyers who can make their situation a bit better. Stay strong.

This is unbelievable.

They will probably give the DACA lists directly to ICE.

Yeah probably. Nice Nazi methods Trump.
Honestly, I don't think I've wished a debilitating stroke or massive coronary on anyone as much as Trump. Fucking horrible human being with literally zero redeeming qualities.

For real. World would be better off if that guy would just drop dead this instant.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This will inflict untold levels of pain, misery, and psychological trauma on countless people. There is zero justification for this, least of all strengthening our borders or immigration process. Really hope this shit gets slapped down before it gets started.

cbrun44

100% understandable and I'm 100% in agreeance. The guy is a literal human shit stain.

ascii42

So given a lot of Congress seems against it - will they actually use that window to pass it there instead?

That seems to be the idea. They are probably right that it should have been a law rather than an executive order, but there's really no reason why Trump had to force the issue. Hopefully Congress goes ahead and passes a law basically identical to DACA with plans to amend later if there are changes they want. I think that's most likely to have bipartisan support, since we already know how the existing one works. I would imagine anything else would take too long to deliberate over.

That seems to be the idea. They are probably right that it should have been a law rather than an executive order, but there's really no reason why Trump had to force the issue. Hopefully Congress goes ahead and passes a law basically identical to DACA with plans to amend later if there are changes they want. I think that's most likely to have bipartisan support, since we already know how the existing one works. I would imagine anything else would take too long to deliberate over.
This is hope as well.....well I hope 😞
He can drop dead for all I care. Screw the people who voted him in.

Toth

I think that's the battle plan too. Still, what is the point of doing this? This effects almost a million people. The political damage far outweighs any 'benefit'.

He has faced strong warnings from members of his own party not to scrap the program and struggled with his own misgivings about targeting minors for deportation.

Somehow I don't think that Trump gives a damn about minors. Fuck him for going through with this bullshit.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Agreed. He has to go.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I had hoped he would do the right thing for once, because there's zero to be gain by doing this, but this man is pure evil. There is not a single caring bone in his whole body.

What a day to announce it. Fucking coward.

A bunch of Republicans claim to be against it. Let's see you step up and do something for once. A majority of people don't want to see this but it happens anyway because the party that tells people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps is content to collect a paycheck for blaming the nation's problems on Obama.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Here's the fucking math:

1. Trump doesn't give a fuck one way or another.
2. Normal Trump realizes DACA is basically moral and he doesn't care anyway so he says nice things about it.
3. On his heels Trump realizes his racist base can hate DACA if they get some meat thrown to them.
4. Trump throws meat to secure the base. A minority of hateful shitbags that can all get fucked. They can't win anything ever again, but they can make him feel good.
5. Please defend this someone, because I want to have a chat with you.
6. Trump is deinfitely the worst president in history. Crushing Nixon and Jackson. But he's also one of the worst Americans ever. And that's saying something.
7. Come on. Defend it. Burn that account. Go back to whatever chan and claim a victory over the SJWs. PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom