• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump will live tweet during Comey testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/tr...ny-of-former-fbi-director-james-comey-report/

President Donald Trump will reportedly respond live on Twitter as former FBI Director James Comey testifies to a Senate committee this week.

On Thursday, Comey is expected to testify to the Senate Intelligence Committee about his firing and whether Trump attempted to influence the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

The White House had initially said that it would be setting up a “war room” to deal with Comey’s testimony, but sources this week revealed that officials had failed to follow through with the plan.

Washington Post reporter Robert Costa told MSNBC on Tuesday that the president would directly respond to Comey on Twitter as the testimony is underway.

“I was just talking to some White House officials this morning and their view is that the president himself wants to be the messenger, his own warrior, his own lawyer, his own spokesman,” Costa explained. “Some outside people, some surrogates will be available.”

“But the president is expected to be tweeting on Thursday in response to Comey, not to stay quiet during the testimony,” he added. “Because he himself wants to be the one driving the process.”

Oh my god. Thursday can't come soon enough

Wiz

They should have a live screen in the room so Comey can respond in real time to the tweets.

Lunar15

The White House had initially said that it would be setting up a ”war room" to deal with Comey's testimony, but sources this week revealed that officials had failed to follow through with the plan.

How do you fail to set up a war room? This is the biggest thing threatening your entire agenda and future.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
“I was just talking to some White House officials this morning and their view is that the president himself wants to be the messenger, his own warrior, his own lawyer, his own spokesman.”
What was it that Hulk Hogan said? Something along the lines of working yourself into a shoot?

wp2fVNT.gif

HotHamBoy

Trump will tweet or Trump will dictate to his lawyers who will tweet?

Because the former doesn't go well. The second still seems like a terrible idea.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I vividly remember the time when I used to shit on Obama for sport.

I miss those days. Maybe I should embrace the fuckery.

Thank god the president will be serving personal vendettas, live, while he is in an office, to the world via his phone.

And they shit on millennials for their phone habbits...

Older people are just, if not more, guitly

I'm sure that Trump wouldn't mind going under oath to counter anything disparaging that Comey says, you know if he's so innocent?

ZeroDivide

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't he be, ya know, trying to govern the country instead of sitting by a TV with his phone tweeting?

WAIT.... I thought I was talking about a sensible person my bad

I don't see how this won't backfire on him

but the two things i've learned from this administration are:

1) If anyone says believe me, you shouldn't
2) This administration will pick the worst choice when presented with two options, every single time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom