• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's latest budget proposal: "dead on arrival on Capitol Hill"

KSweeley

I'm really sorry. Let's hope this goes in the trash bin of history.

I am seriously hoping Trump gets impeached and removed from office, he is totally unfit to be our President, it's not the voters fault that Trump got into the White House, it's the electoral college's fault.

Bonus fun on SSDI-- If you take Medicare, it comes out of your already poverty-level monthly income. You end up with under $900/month and it's extremely miserable. Knowing that some Republicans think the system is wildly abused makes me ill. It's a horrible existence. No one would ever voluntarily choose it, but there's some irony in "the US does actually offer universal health care, but you have to be deemed effectively useless to society and then we'll still charge you for it anyway while you live off of nothing."

So, yeah. let's cut that? Fuck off.

KSweeley

Bonus fun on SSDI-- If you take Medicare, it comes out of your already poverty-level monthly income. You end up with under $900/month and it's extremely miserable. Knowing that some Republicans think the system is wildly abused makes me ill. It's a horrible existence. No one would ever voluntarily choose it, but there's some irony in "the US does actually offer universal health care, but you have to be deemed effectively useless to society and then we'll still charge you for it anyway while you live off of nothing."

Not for me, I'm getting Medicare and my monthly SSDI is $991.00.

I'd like to point out, there's zero chance that Trump had any significant input into this budget. He can't grind his way through a single page document unless his name is on it, or it has cartoons in the margins. At most, he may have asked what it would do to his own income, or maybe "is this 100% the opposite of what Obama would do?".

His administration wrote this bill. It's a GOP extremist wet dream. And though it won't pass, what eventually does pass will almost certainly still have cuts to all of these programs. And that's not just on Trump, or even his administration. It's on the GOP as a whole. Let's not forget that.

Foffy

Banned
..Just like how the AHCA was dead on arrival?

Dead things still seem to have a pulse under this administration.

sangreal

of course, budgets out of the white house are worth the paper they aren't printed on

but Paul Ryan did promise that this time they would try to include more of Trump's priorities and last I read the House budget wants to privatize medicare

Strike

3Rymq_s-200x150.gif

Tommy DJ

It still is, it hasn't even made the Senate yet. They just voted "yes" because Donald Trump needed a win in his first 100 days.

sangreal

their point is every white house budget is DOA

Budgets and the spending bills to implement them are written by Congress. They will never vote on Trump's proposal. At best/worst they will include some of his priorities

Still, the house budget is going to be brutal because they need to cut a shitload if they want to include tax reform (without BAT) in reconciliation

Takuan

My sentiments exactly. The people taking this L are his base, and although many (most?) will still support the man, I have to imagine some will realize they've made a terrible mistake.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's not gone to the Senate, and most likely looks like it's going to go back to the House before that to re-purpose it, so the process is going to start all over again. The 'victory' they had with AHCA isn't nearly what it appears to be, and what it appears to be isn't even that substantial to begin with.

How does Trump react when the house has to take the AHCA back for a vote again after the CBO blasts it into the stratosphere?

How does he react when his proposal is largely ignored lol? Apparently he wasn't happy the first go around.

Bakercat

As a disabled man that can't hold a job and needs the help of Medicade to go to doctors and get prescriptions this infuriates me so much. Not a fuck is given to those that need help.

shiba5

Yeah, I had a great career that I worked my ass off for and made 3x what I get from disability. I'm really living the dream, baby.
Apparently, if I just had more dignity I could work again. I wonder if the GOP can mail me some?

Beartruck

Let's not get crazy. Very real chance this was just a cover so the modified one that still screws over poor and middle-class doesn't look as bad.
This is an old as hell business negotiating tactic: ask for more than you want and then "settle" for what you actually want.

Bakercat

Just told my mom about the budget proposal and she told me that he wouldn't do that. She tells me the news said so. I asked her where she heard it from and it turned out it was Fox News. I told her to turn that shit off. lol

Ernest

Banned
Educate me - has there been an administration that's more prone to failures than this one?

Not from any outside forces, but from their own ineptitude.

They are so bad at this!

Educate me - has there been an administration that's more prone to failures than this one?

Not from any outside forces, but from their own ineptitude.

They are so bad at this!
There have been administrations very successful at passes horrible garbage, but these wastes of space can't even do that.

It's a total failure on every level and we need to spend the rest of Trumps life reminding him of this

I didn't vote for him and cuts to disability would hurt me greatly. I understand the feeling though. If only his voters suffered, I wouldn't give a shit. This is what they wanted.

I understand that desire for retribution, but it's always worth keeping in mind that these won't just affect Trump voters. There's a lot of people in this class who didn't vote for him that will be utterly fucked.

I know, and that's the shitty part.

It feels like these people would never learn if they don't suffer terribly at the hands of his policies, but at the same time they're holding innocent people hostage with their stupidity.

I know, and that's the shitty part.

It feels like these people would never learn if they don't suffer terribly at the hands of his policies, but at the same time they're holding innocent people hostage with their stupidity.
You can save people from nearly anything except themselves.

Vectorman

Banned
You know if Capitol Dems were looking at Montana and Georgia House seats, how about you put up some ads talking about this bullshit so they help their candidates a bit?

Top Bottom