• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkish man sentenced to 11,196 years

ZQ

"Those are rookie numbers."

Sonik

Amateur, he should have committed those crimes in the US and got a fine that is tiny fraction of what he scammed, that's what all the bankers do

Last edited:

BlackTron

It might seem silly, but, it's probably just that the prosecutor threw every count they could at him for the max time, maximizing the chance he would serve time even not all of the counts stuck (which they did). So even if his defense did some amazing job shielding him from this or that, massive time would still be remaining.

It's not like some smug lawyer or judge said "jail him for 11,000 years" just to be funny

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
You ever seen a grown man naked?

When that guy dies, his ghost is going to be in that cell for the next 11,000 plus years. Fuck.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

So fraud gets you 11.000 years served yet murder gets you 10 to 20...hmmmm i wonder why this world is so fucked.

Also if fraud is so bad why are all governments and big corporations not bankrupt and ceo's,governers in hancuffs serving time?!

Last edited:

AmuroChan

So fraud gets you 11.000 years served yet murder gets you 10 to 20...hmmmm i wonder why this world is so fucked.

Also if fraud is so bad why are all governments and big corporations not bankrupt and ceo's,governers in hancuffs serving time?!

The years were compounded because of the # of victims affected by the fraud, which according to the report is over 2000 people. A person may only get 10-20 years if they murdered a person, but they would get a whole lot more years if they murdered 2000 people.

FeralEcho

The years were compounded because of the # of victims affected by the fraud, which according to the report is over 2000 people. A person may only get 10-20 years if they murdered a person, but they would get a whole lot more years if they murdered 2000 people.
I guess but fraud versus murder? I know which one I'd find more aggregious.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What's that in American years? I know they're having some serious inflation over there.
In the US or any country with weak judicial systems, that 11,196 years would probably be more like 11 months of probation. Cut in half for good behaviour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom