• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Eclipse Rifftrax is Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to rent Twilight Eclipse! :lol

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight-eclipse
twilight_eclipse.jpg

[quote[Every now and then a sequel comes along that is arguably superior to the original film. The Godfather II. The Empire Strikes Back. 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain. But the makers of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse cleverly avoided such comparisons by just making the exact same movie a third time. You want a slack-jawed girl who can’t choose between some squinty, mopey fellows? We got it! You want a red-headed vampire lady running around causing some sort of unspecified trouble? We got it! You want a consistent mythology, or a story that builds tension and develops in any way over the course of three films? We got...uh...hey look, werewolf nipples!

All our favorites are back: Moustache Dad, Harpo, the Volvo. And really, why should anything change? If you like Big Macs, and you order a Big Mac, you want the Big Mac to taste just like every other Big Mac you’ve ever had. And if you keep eating Big Macs all the time you’ll wind up alone, unloved, with a colon that would make even Louie Anderson’s doctor say “Dear God, you’ve let yourself go.” Just like the Twilight franchise!

So settle in, get a warm plate of muffins, and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse![/quote]

ScrubJay

This is what I've been waiting for :D

Twilight was my first Rifftrax and still gets the formula closest to the original MST3K in my opinion (Just tearing apart a horrible low budget movie). I hadn't heard they were making one yet so I was getting a little worried.

ScrubJay said:
This is what I've been waiting for :D

Twilight was my first Rifftrax and still gets the formula closest to the original MST3K in my opinion (Just tearing apart a horrible low budget movie). I hadn't heard they were making one yet so I was getting a little worried.

Nope, I'm still wondering how they were able to do it release day. I mean watching it in the theater you can't do the syncing. Does someone with Twilight like them enough to get them a screener? :lol

ScrubJay

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Nope, I'm still wondering how they were able to do it release day. I mean watching it in the theater you can't do the syncing. Does someone with Twilight like them enough to get them a screener? :lol

Well I saw a couple weeks ago they gave out Eclipse Blu Rays to the crowd on George Lopez, so the movie went gold a while ago. I imagine that Rifftrax has a business license to get copies of movies a few weeks early, it explains how they get so many commentaries up on day one.

TehOh

YESSSSS.

I love their riffs of the other Twilight movies. The franchise is a horrific disaster, but the riffs make the movies fantastic.

ScrubJay said:
Well I saw a couple weeks ago they gave out Eclipse Blu Rays to the crowd on George Lopez, so the movie went gold a while ago. I imagine that Rifftrax has a business license to get copies of movies a few weeks early, it explains how they get so many commentaries up on day one.

I don't know, I mean they aren't a bulk dealer. They wouldn't need a license. I mean I was able to get tons of stuff via my website to review and I was just a guy with a blog. I suspect they know a DVD reviewer or considering you need the DVD to use it, most companies just give them a review copy (if that's the case it's pretty damn hilarious).

I just hope the Amazon On Demand copy won't have sync issues.

EDIT: Nvm I can't imagine it will they also link to AmazonVOD as an option.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
That Aussie poster told me RiffTrax was not funny. Why the hell should I buy this? I know when I think of comedy I think of Australia so no thanks.

SillyPuty

Awesome!!! If you guys ever get the chance check out the Rifftrax for Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" It is literally the most hilarious thing these guys ever did :lol

Pelydr said:
That Aussie poster told me RiffTrax was not funny. Why the hell should I buy this? I know when I think of comedy I think of Australia so no thanks.
Just YouTube rifftrax and be glad you cant catch aids through computers.

Buckethead said:
I always hate doing the manual pause thing, which is why I usually just bittorrent it and buy the audio track later.
Um, is it wise to actually say that on this forum?

Back on topic: I am actually tempted to finally watch Twilight and the series just to watch it with Rifftrax. Perhaps make a night out of it.

daycru

PhoncipleBone said:
Um, is it wise to actually say that on this forum?

Back on topic: I am actually tempted to finally watch Twilight and the series just to watch it with Rifftrax. Perhaps make a night out of it.
Nah, he's cool. It's only bad to steal video games, anything else is open season.

I have only watched these movies with rifftrax on, and really the wife and I could barely get past New Moon even with the help of the trax.... don't know if we can handle another.

BattleMonkey said:
I have only watched these movies with rifftrax on, and really the wife and I could barely get past New Moon even with the help of the trax.... don't know if we can handle another.
Rifftrax + Beer

stupei

Just picked up this one and the track for The Last Airbender too.

"The producers wish to remind you that we understand that given the circumstances it will be VERY difficult to continue to take our movie seriously. Thank you."

"The special effects in this film are about the same quality you'd find in any given episode of The Mighty Boosh."

stupei

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Exactly.

Rifftrax isn't for everyone. Including me, apparently.

I don't really find their HP RiffTrax stuff that funny either, but their Twilight ones really are pretty great. There's a lot of clips from those on youtube.

If you don't think even those are funny, then yeah, they're definitely not for you.

Try this.

stupei said:
Just picked up this one and the track for The Last Airbender too.

"The producers wish to remind you that we understand that given the circumstances it will be VERY difficult to continue to take our movie seriously. Thank you."

"The special effects in this film are about the same quality you'd find in any given episode of The Mighty Boosh."

LOL. Yeah, my wife and I had a chance to watch it all last night. Dear god was it hilarious.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bump:

Didn't think this one was a good as the previous two. Still funny.

Favorite line, during final battle.

"He puts more effort into taking the heads of LEGO men"

As for the movie. Guess I can say it's the better of the 3, not that that's saying much.

SimleuqiR

DrForester said:
Bump:

Didn't think this one was a good as the previous two. Still funny.

Favorite line, during final battle.

"He puts more effort into taking the heads of LEGO men"

As for the movie. Guess I can say it's the better of the 3, not that that's saying much.
I agree. Not the best of the riffs for the saga.
But then again my last viewed riff was of The Room...it's going to be difficult to top that one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SimleuqiR said:
I agree. Not the best of the riffs for the saga.
But then again my last viewed riff was of The Room...it's going to be difficult to top that one.

I think it was mostly that the "line..." joke has run it's course. However, I still love the Harpo jokes.

My wife and I finally manned up and watched the first two Twilight movies this week. But only with the aid of Rifftrax. We have Eclipse on the way from Netflix to have a laugh at that one.

The movies are horrible pieces of shit really, but they are rather enjoyable with the trax though. New Moon was not quite as funny as Twilight's riff, but still damn funny. I particularly enjoyed the line when we first see a werewolf in New Moon: "Great, the Nothing is in this movie too!"

I look forward to Eclipse's Rifftrax, even if it is not as funny as the others.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I thought it was better than the new moon riff.

Looking forward to the Inception and Harry Potter 5 riffs next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom