• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess (HD?) Icon Discovered in Wii U eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Most speculation is that it'll be out in Spring 2016. Probably their big February/March game for the 3DS.
A bit too close to the likely release of Fire Emblem: Fates, don't you think?

Our Zelda game next year guys. Untitled Zelda for NX.
Again, the next big Zelda game is still Wii U-bound. That being said, I'd be shocked if it didn't get Twilight Princess'd for the NX Console & NX Handheld (assuming the shared platform thing for the NX Platform pans out). If this is really Twilight Princess given the Wind Waker HD treatment, it's more likely to be a stop-gap meant to make up for the absence of the actual Zelda U this Holiday.

Hatchtag

Banned
A bit too close to the likely release of Fire Emblem: Fates, don't you think?

Nah, not really. Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about releasing games on the same days anyways. Plus Z would likely have an international release, while Fates is just localization.

Sterok

Motion controls are a must for aiming alone. Wind Waker HD gyro controls are preferred, but if this isn't a remake then Wii > Gamecube version for sure.

21XX

Banned
Holy moly I would be very, very excited for an HD remake. My favorite Zelda game. Please please please.

Although it kind of seems like weird timing for it. Unless it's some crazy quick release for the holiday.

This game it'd be amazing if they just fixed the serious pacing issues and added in hero mode (it'd probably still be too easy :p) so hopefully it does get the full WindWaker treatment.

I'd certainly appreciate if there was a tightened up version of Twilight Princess out there. I know of plenty of folk who gave up because of the very slow start to the game and missed some of the best dungeons in the series.

It is pretty surprising how much Nintendo has gone back to the well with all the Zelda remakes this generation. Still won't give me a Prime HD trilogy though.

Persona7

Banned
Holy moly I would be very, very excited for an HD remake. My favorite Zelda game. Please please please.

Although it kind of seems like weird timing for it. Unless it's some crazy quick release for the holiday.

If that rumor about a HD port was true and this is it then it has been in development and planned for quite a while. I am guessing the new Zelda game was never planned for 2015 but they announced it anyway for some reason.

Flandy

If that rumor about a HD port was true and this is it then it has been in development and planned for quite a while. I am guessing the new Zelda game was never planned for 2015 but they announced it anyway for some reason.

Is there an actual rumor going around TPHD or is just wishful thinking?

Escalario

Banned

The rumour is that a western porting studio was working on a port of a game from older gen -> WiiU, and that there would be a WiiU -> PS4/X1/PC port. The latter already happened (it was ZombiU getting ported).
But I doubt it's TPHD that western studio is working on, considering Nintendo done WWHD in-house outside of textures.

Probably just inferred from Nintendo saying they experimented with all three GameCube/Wii era Zelda games in HD before doing WWHD, developed a program to make converting GameCube games to HD easier, apparently said they had another remaster coming and visually I can't think of any other big GC/Wii game that would need a graphical update more. Mario games are always timeless because of their cutesy art style and Skyward Sword's art style is what it is and will probably age better since it doesn't go for realism.

TP HD would be so fucking dope (until it looks like poop again in nine more years).

Gnilres

I would LOVE an overhauled TP. Fix the pacing like they did in WWHD and it will shoot up to my top games ever.

edit: Yes, I'm talking about the intro section. I love playing Twilight Princess game but I hate starting it and slogging through the intro.

El Odio

Banned
Given their habit of doing VC releases to coincide with new game launches it's more than likely the Wii version to go along with Triforce heroes. Would be glad to be disproved though.

Given their habit of doing VC releases to coincide with new game launches it's more than likely the Wii version to go along with Triforce heroes. Would be glad to be disproved though.

The icons for Wii games show the title screen with white borders. This is either fake or an HD remake.

I would LOVE an overhauled TP. Fix the pacing like they did in WWHD and it will shoot up to my top games ever.

the only moment that was boring in TP was the intro for me, the rest of the was excellent in my opinion. The dungeons were top top, the game had so many memorable tracks and characters. And considering that the game is pretty lenghty, i didn't mind in the grand scheme of things that the intro, which lasted about 3 hours tops to me, was boring or anything like that.

Flandy

The rumor going around was that Nintendo was planning a HD port on Wii U for 2015. No actual game was ever mentioned. I think it was by someone who had information about the last Pokemon remakes and something about Devil's Third.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874817

The rumour is that a western porting studio was working on a port of a game from older gen -> WiiU, and that there would be a WiiU -> PS4/X1/PC port. The latter already happened (it was ZombiU getting ported).
But I doubt it's TPHD that western studio is working on, considering Nintendo done WWHD in-house outside of textures.

Probably just inferred from Nintendo saying they experimented with all three GameCube/Wii era Zelda games in HD before doing WWHD, developed a program to make converting GameCube games to HD easier, apparently said they had another remaster coming and visually I can't think of any other big GC/Wii game that would need a graphical update more. Mario games are always timeless because of their cutesy art style and Skyward Sword's art style is what it is and will probably age better since it doesn't go for realism.

TP HD would be so fucking dope (until it looks like poop again in nine more years).

The icons for Wii games show the title screen with white borders. This is either fake or an HD remake.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

AniHawk

it's all fairly unnecessary until you get to the first dungeon. and i love twilight princess. i bet the tear hunting stuff would need to be changed up too. skyward sword did it better with it being a test of knowledge of your surroundings instead of tp's way of teaching you where you could go.

Lyonaz

Give us Gamecube games already! I need Rogue Leader to feed my Star Wars hype.

That said I will settle for the gamecube Twilight Princess.

21XX

Banned
The light bug collecting segments could use shortening (or preferably to be completely removed or turned into some optional side thing).

I can see maybe cutting the number of bugs down, but those sections honestly never really bothered me that much. Each time is in a new area and I always liked the vibe of the twilight realm. I definitely get people being turned off by them though.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
i'm playing through this right now, liking it a lot even though there are some weirdly non nintendoey things here and there
What do you mean? Like in terms of atmosphere or enemy design? Or maybe cause it's pretty in cinematic for a nintendo do EAD game?

BY2K

Membero Americo
it's all fairly unnecessary until you get to the first dungeon. and i love twilight princess. i bet the tear hunting stuff would need to be changed up too. skyward sword did it better with it being a test of knowledge of your surroundings instead of tp's way of teaching you where you could go.

Well, there's some story element in that part before the first dungeon, so changing it to make it better while avoiding to cut it completely is not gonna be an easy task.

Without the Wii Border, maybe it's actually the GCN version and this is the first GCN VC game?

Twilight Princess doesn't use the analog triggers, so it would be a good game to start with.

Revven

Addressing tear hunting is basically mandatory but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't touch it because of how much of an overhaul it would need. It's, at the very base, completely different to how Skyward Sword does it and it's used to pad the game out. I have a feeling Nintendo might not even see it as an issue that's possible to address...

Unless they made all the bugs easier and quicker to find somehow but they're so designed to be found in a certain path that changing it would disrupt whatever "flow" they might have. And some are even tied to scripted sequences (NPCs reacting to them, the burning house, one of them is a boss, etc)

Anyway, TPHD would be a great thing to have and so I hope that's what this is -- make it so both motion controls work and you can use a traditional controller like the GamePad and the Pro Controller, update a ton of the texture work, 1080p, update character models, and address some of the issues with the early game and TPHD could be really great. And if they address the tears of light, even better! Those parts are the main drag of replaying TP. All the other Wolf stuff is perfectly fine.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this was also releasing this year to make up for the lack of high profile holiday titles after SF0 got delayed and Zelda U got pushed to next holiday. But at the very least I would expect an early 2016 release to satiate people until the new Zelda comes out later that year. Kind of filling the same time frame Majora's Mask 3D took this year.

Presuming it (TPHD) happens. My fear is it's just a pointless digital Wii re-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom