• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any theories as to why Dougie was entranced by the American flag and the lady with the red shoes?

tp-audrey-red-shoes.gif
\

BELIEVE.

Levito

Banned
Twin Peaks will end with Evil Coop and Sonny Jim getting in a massive kamehameha battle, just as Evil Coop is about to win, Bobby Brigs to come in with a last min save from behind. The Spirit of Coop shouting to Sonny Jim "NOW'S YOUR CHANCE" as the final blow is delivered.

Closer Two

Jerry Horne has become a stoner. It's what his character is associated with now. Smoking weed stops you dreaming. Dreaming is the one way of getting to the black/white lodge safely for a visit. Is his ganja intake making him an easy target? WHOA DUDE

Joking aside, it's probably because he's standing in a brain damage dimension forest.

Did they confirm that Major Briggs regained his sanity before he was killed?

smisk

Well this episode definitely felt less Lynch-esque (other than the long awkward scilences) but was still good. Was nice to see the characters start to connect what had seemed like separate narratives. Wtf was up with the cheetos though?

smisk

Also - they mentioned that Matthew Lillard's wife died in a car explosion? When did that happen? Only explosion I remember is Dougie's car.

This is where Cooper realizes he's Cooper. The episode ends with him, machine gun in-hand, looking at the camera and saying "Let's rock."

And then all of the negative nancies stand up from their living room lawn chairs, tears in their eyes, and proclaim "this is the greatest, moment, in my life."

mER9u3E.gif

I reckon we'll get Coop back during the upcoming episode entitled 'Let's Rock' for no good reason other than misguided hopes and dreams.

:-O

So which one of us is the doppelgänger?

PolishQ

Ah yeah, you're right. Do you remember the episode? For some reason I don't recall that at all. I assume it was shortly after Mr. C killed the wife.

We didn't see the explosion, but there was some mention in Part 2 of Evil Coop's associate Jack "wiring" the secretary's car.

Ah yeah, you're right. Do you remember the episode? For some reason I don't recall that at all. I assume it was shortly after Mr. C killed the wife.

I think the first mention of it (both the character and her death were offscreen) was last episode when the FBI crew went to view the Major's body.

We didn't see the explosion, but there was some mention in Part 2 of Evil Coop's associate Jack "wiring" the secretary's car.

Oh yeah, forgot that.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, Diane's a rat it seems. Wonder if we will get a flashback episode in-between the years with a digitally altered Kyle starting out as Evil Coop and recruiting all these people and planning to storm Heaven/White Lodge.

Man, people on Reddit are really deadset on that being a "29".

Doesn't he state the date at the start of the interview? I am at work so I can't check.

The vertical line does seem out of place.and the way he does his 9s is sort of odd.

I am still leaning towards 20 though.

ActWan

Chad is a fucking asshole!
And damn, everything's starting to connect! I love it.
Every scene with Bobby so far has been awesome.
And both of the credits songs are amazing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I love that my co-host on my podcast, Brad, noticed in episode 2 that there were an abundance of cheese flavored products in Jennifer Jason-Leigh's motel room and then this episode confirmed that yes, she is a cheesie fiend.

When I was watching all the episodes yesterday, someone else watching for the first time noticed this too and everyone in our group watching when she appeared in Part 9 were just calling her the Cheetos Queen.

Signed and dated wasn't it? No age

He was asked state his name and age at the start of the interview.

Later he was asked to sign and date the picture.

That's how it went down.

Lynch really wanted to make sure we knew what the dates were this week. There is no doubt about that.

3rdman

He was asked state his name and age at the start of the interview.

Later he was asked to sign and date the picture.

That's how it went down.

Lynch really wanted to make sure we knew what the dates were this week. There is no doubt about that.

Assuming that everything in yesterday's episode happened at the same time (generally), 9/29 is the likely date.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the pieces of paper found in the steel vial showed 10/1 and 10/2 clearly written. Truman then specifically mentions that in "two days" they'd follow those clues...9/29-10/1 is exactly two days...

As always, I fully expect that this has been mentioned because I can't keep up. :p

Is it just me, or did Lynch switch to film for parts of this episode?

Because if it's still all digital, could've fooled me (mostly the scenes in Twin Peaks and at the morgue).

Zoe

Assuming that everything in yesterday's episode happened at the same time (generally), 9/29 is the likely date.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the pieces of paper found in the steel vial showed 10/1 and 10/2 clearly written. Truman then specifically mentions that in "two days" they'd follow those clues...9/29-10/1 is exactly two days...

As always, I fully expect that this has been mentioned because I can't keep up. :p

Well the #Team20th theory is that we're looking at (at least) two different time periods, with the Mr C stuff all happening before the TP stuff.

I think that works because at the rate things are going, it would be very hard to get Dougie/Cooper to the town by 10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom