• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you watch it? If you can't say just PM me.

Pretty please.

You can't wait just over 4 hours?

source.gif

superfly

Guys I'd advise just avoiding spoilers. It's showing in a few hours. Hearing it satisfies is probably more than enough information!

Corpsepyre

Banned
]FROXII 3 points an hour ago
10/10 in my books. Every scene was terrifying, amazing, scary and wonderful. We got Lynched in the best way possible.

-----

Fuck me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
"Diane, my cake is on the table. I'm unable to reach it at this time. I can only hope that I Jane-E doesn't mind I never finished that damn fine slice of cake. I'm lying on the floor of a Dougie Jones home. I've stuck a fork in an electrical socket. There's a great deal of pain and a fair amount of charred skin. Fortunately I was lost in a haze after arriving back from the Black Lodge, but have seemed to regain my consciousness in the act. I remember working at an insurance agency, delivering a cherry pie to a pair of brothers, and I had a son... If you can imagine the confusion and pain of having a family you've never previously had and grown close towards only to realize the pain you'll cause them and what you too must go through in the call of duty to separate from them, you might began to approximate the sensation I am going through. All things considered, being electrocuted is not as bad as I always thought it might be. As long as you can keep the fear from your mind. But I guess you can say that about almost anything in life, and indeed I have. Its not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind."

"Dougie, are you okay!? Dougie, why are you talking about my sister?"

-shadow-

Half way through the third episode, and I have to ask... What the hell kind of drugs were Lynch and Frost taking when writing, filming and editing this? Because sweet lord, this is some weird, weird, weird stuff alright!

I absolutely adore the more subtle moments with characters and situations. Lucy and Andy are as lovable as ever, Hawk is as amazing as he always was, the Black Lodge is as weird as the first time as we saw it (and even weirder as I ever thought it could be) and Cooper is... Well I'm not sure yet what I am supposed to think as of this moment.

Also, absolutely heartbreaking to see Catherine E. Coulson (The Log Lady) in the state that she was in. Man that's some seriously depressing stuff :(

Also, shitty CG is shitty...

EdmondD

I'm hyped. I'm almost at Ray Donovan levels of hype. You guys are lucky you got to watch it early. I'm expecting the last three episodes to be fire. Pure Lynch/Frost madness.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Half way through the third episode, and I have to ask... What the hell kind of drugs were Lynch and Frost taking when writing, filming and editing this? Because sweet lord, this is some weird, weird, weird stuff alright!

I absolutely adore the more subtle moments with characters and situations. Lucy and Andy are as lovable as ever, Hawk is as amazing as he always was, the Black Lodge is as weird as the first time as we saw it (and even weirder as I ever thought it could be) and Cooper is... Well I'm not sure yet what I am supposed to think as of this moment.

Also, absolutely heartbreaking to see Catherine E. Coulson (The Log Lady) in the state that she was in. Man that's some seriously depressing stuff :(

Lol. Keep watching. Just make sure you drink a lot of water before Episode 8.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts seeing it at your own pace rather than week by week (though the first four parts were available day 1).

Log Lady in general has been sad to see, as well as some other characters such as
Albert
(as his actor passed away last January). But I'm happy they were able to be on the show, and for Catherine she really wanted to be in Season 3 so I am glad she was able to at least.

You'll see why, but they were saving their CG effects budget for Part
. The show has a mixture of some kind of ehhh effects (though I like them personally), and some amazing effects.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts seeing it at your own pace rather than week by week (though the first four parts were available day 1).

Log Lady in general has been sad to see, as well as some other characters such as
Albert
(as his actor passed away last January). But I'm happy they were able to be on the show, and for Catherine she really wanted to be in Season 3 so I am glad she was able to at least.

You'll see why, but they were saving their CG effects budget for Part
. The show has a mixture of some kind of ehhh effects (though I like them personally), and some amazing effects.

An interesting note from the David Nevins interview posted yesterday - Lynch got twice the amount of episodes, but not twice the budget...

Right, early shut eye for me. Alarm set, let's do this. See you on the other side, Peaks GAF.

Linkin112

I wonder if Bam Bam will ever finish out the episodes and realize his rant on Lynch was unnecessary (Though it was already unnecessary by default)

When is the new episode on in the UK?

I'm a bit confused because it's not in the TV listings for tomorrow morning as it has been the previous weeks.

Also, now TV says the episode is available Tuesday.

Is it not airing Monday early morning this week?!

I see it's leaked. Can someone PM me a link, please!

BTA

Man, it's gonna be weird watching an episode live after watching all of the show (and two movies and reading two books) for the first time over the past month.

And then next week we're done (besides the last book). Kinda surreal.

I just caught up, and the feels were strong last episode. Ed and Norma finally getting their happy ending made me a little emotional, as did seeing the send off of the log lady. I couldn't help but tear up when Lucy started to cry.

So I guess the theory about Bad Coop and Audrey being Richard's parents might be true after all?

Wonder if that means Now TV too. Because currently Now TV says Tuesday.
I signed up to NowTV when Viceland started. It was shite at putting stuff on demand in a timely fashion. However I think you could watch live. The catch there was the stream quality was shite. Best of luck if you're staying up for that.

Futureman

An interesting note from the David Nevins interview posted yesterday - Lynch got twice the amount of episodes, but not twice the budget...

Right, early shut eye for me. Alarm set, let's do this. See you on the other side, Peaks GAF.

It's weird though because some of the things that have felt a little low budget like some of the gun shots shouldn't have cost that much... At least I would think.

I probably won't be able to watch until 9 or so tonight because my GF has a freaking work meeting on a Sunday night at 7:30! Especially rough as it sounds like this is going to be a whopper of an episode.

BTA

I just caught up, and the feels were strong last episode. Ed and Norma finally getting their happy ending made me a little emotional, as did seeing the send off of the log lady. I couldn't help but tear up when Lucy started to cry.

So I guess the theory about Bad Coop and Audrey being Richard's parents might be true after all?

That'd make sense but I'm still hoping that he's Jack or Charlie's kid. The offscreen sexual assault Bad Coop as his parent would require is really gross and unnecessary. Sometimes people are just monsters without having doppelgänger/possessed dads.

Who do you guys think is cooler, Dougie or James?

Dougie.

But I still love that the show insists Jame is cool to the point that he could get that much of an audience going wild for that song.

To think, I was actually entertaining the idea of trying to hold off this week so I could have a 3 hour finale next week.

That was probably never going to happen, and especially not after all the hype.

gagecube

Banned
Guys. I’m getting ancy. I think I’m gonna watch this after game of thrones though. It’ll be day light still when this airs, and I like watching it when it’s fully night time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom