• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks vs The X-Files

Nymphae

Banned
Prefer X-Files, maybe my favourite show ever. Way ahead of it's time and the production values were great. Excellent casting and incredible writing, many of the greats from the series went on to write for other famous shows, most notably Vince Gilligan with Breaking Bad (which contains many X-Files universe nods)

Twin Peaks is pretty incredible as well but I just love X-Files more. The David Lynch TP stuff is the best and it went waaay off the rails without him, but he got it back on track with The Return. I don't really have a list of directors I care about, but he is a director I care about, I love almost everything he has done.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I've not seen The X-Files, although I should try and get round to it sometime, so my vote defaults to Twin Peaks which I love.

Coincidentally today is three years since Part 8 of The Return aired. Incredible stuff.

Watched both and you can tell both were important to the progression of television in that era. My pick is X-Files. They really should’ve stopped at season 6-7 but it is what it is.

LoV

Banned
denise.png

You can't make me choose!

ive never seen twin peaks

maybe ill check it out

but theres nothing like x-files

its a guaranteed hit for anyone who has a love for aliens/ufos/the paranormal and is curious about the unknown

x-files is as comfiest as it gets

i hope vince gilligan/peter gould take on a new generation of x-files after better call saul concludes

the writing and production talent these fuckers have with breaking bad and bcs, if they channeled that same quality into x-files, words could not describe my excitement

Kadayi

Banned
Twin Peaks. The Pilot all these years later still holds up surprisingly well. Peaks fundamentally changed the very nature of television. It created a paradigm shift, that is hard for many people to understand because it's influence was so all-encompassing.

I wanted to watch TP once that blue ray collection came out. I remember a few episodes as a kid (5,6 yr old) and all i remember is that it scared me lol. The music theme too and now when i hear it its such a love song haha. Anyways, shoould i give it another go in the adult life?

X-Files i loved,i remember so many episodes and Cancer Man was Villain No.01!

X-Files, because it captured the UFO/paranormal zeitgeist of the 90s so well. It was 50 years since Roswell and Independence Day made UFOs incredibly cool.

Also the first X-Files movie is better than the Twin Peaks movie.

BigBooper

X-Files. Twin Peaks is entertaining for one season before it's schtick starts wearing thin. X-Files gets repetitive at times in later seasons too, but it's best episodes are more entertaining or interesting than Twin Peaks ever is.

Top Bottom