• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dragon's Dogma 2 Performance Review - PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PC

darrylgorn

Well... given that software dev's have been piggy backing on the work of hardware engineers for decades now, I would say its time for them to stop copy/pasting code and start to write optimized code for once XD

Mario 64 could have run at 60fps instead of 20fps on the actual N64 witch better coding. This game could do to.

That's incredible.

For sure, we could certainly do with more efficient application programming. This could be an area where AI might actually play a productive role.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am o 3700x and 3200mhz ram.
I've been debating switching to x3d cpu for some time now.
5800x3d was aalready a good deal but now 5700x3d seeems like a no brainer no? it's essentially the same as 5800x3d from what I gather.

Mister Wolf

It annoying that no one has properly benchmarked this game yet. Not Digital Foundry, DSO Gaming, nor Tech Power Up.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I am o 3700x and 3200mhz ram.
I've been debating switching to x3d cpu for some time now.
5800x3d was aalready a good deal but now 5700x3d seeems like a no brainer no? it's essentially the same as 5800x3d from what I gather.

Just grab the 5800x3d on sale bro. I think the 5700x3d stumbles a little bit. 5800x3d is the classic, pay the extra on don't look back. That's my opinion anyway, haha

Dorfdad

Gold Member
this is a game that needs PC. Console users are going to have some really bad results from what Ive seen and watched. Hopefully performance patches fix it. If not try it on Geforce now if you dont have a gaming PC capable of it.

fixed for you
I'm too uncertain about games that do the things that those two games do, on an interactive/physics/domino effect level, and how that in itself could be very taxing to any system.

Most games don't do these things so it's hard for me to just say it's all poor optimization and just call it a day.

Top Bottom