• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Coming to the PSThree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_13

Banned
scoobs said:
I think everyone knew a slimline PS3 was coming, it was just a question of when...

The sooner the better in my books, that concept art looks downright sexy.
Well it sure as hell is way to damn early for it to come out now. PS2 slim took 5 years while PSP slim took more than 2.5 years and its barely been a year since PS3 came out.

iceatcs

IzumiK said:
That's a pretty old picture. Half year old. Are you sure they're using that to promote something of the future?

I don't think it is purpose for TM. I remember it was from Europe market "This is Living" and it was suppose meaning Explosive of Fun.

iceatcs

black_13 said:
Well it sure as hell is way to damn early for it to come out now. PS2 slim took 5 years while PSP slim took more than 2.5 years and its barely been a year since PS3 came out.

Half of 5 years is 2.5 years

So half of 2.5... Do the math!

Kidding! :p

sakuragi

Banned
Nice. Will it use any of the existing engines like the Motorstorm engine or the Warhawk engine? Its faster to use an existing game engine than to create one yes? Cant wait.

Snah

Banned
Heh...I just had a thought for Twisted Metal PSTREE.....

Why not turn it into Sony's own SUPER SMASH CARS: BRAWL?

Here's what I mean....Sony has a huge list of franchise titles just like Nintendo. Sony also has a lot of third party support.

Why is Smash Bros so big? In part because the gameplay is so fun, but also because the game features characters/themes from the most beloved nintendo games and third party titles..

Wouldn't it be cool to have Twisted Metal feature this same sort of tactic? Imagine riding a METAL GEAR around facing a RESISTANCE 2 GOLIATH in an UNCHARTED THEMED STAGE WITH UNCHARTED MUSIC (you know that great song with an almost techno/jungle sound to it)?

Seriously, I think it could work. And it would be awesome. MAKE IT HAPPEN JAFFE!

Reilly

sakuragi said:
Nice. Will it use any of the existing engines like the Motorstorm engine or the Warhawk engine? Its faster to use an existing game engine than to create one yes? Cant wait.

I imagine we'll be seeing the Warhawk engine.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Snah said:

Here's what I mean....Sony has a huge list of franchise titles just like Nintendo. Sony also has a lot of third party support.

Why is Smash Bros so big? In part because the gameplay is so fun, but also because the game features characters/themes from the most beloved nintendo games and third party titles..

Wouldn't it be cool to have Twisted Metal feature this same sort of tactic? Imagine riding a METAL GEAR around facing a RESISTANCE 2 GOLIATH in an UNCHARTED THEMED STAGE WITH UNCHARTED MUSIC (you know that great song with an almost techno/jungle sound to it)?

Seriously, I think it could work. And it would be awesome. MAKE IT HAPPEN JAFFE!

That idea sounds awesome and I am for it but I don't think Sony and Jaffe would go for it again Awesome Idea! The possibilities are endless!

J-Rzez

Great news. I assumed this was going to show it's face again, and I'm glad it is. The definitive chaotic car combat returns once again!

Snah

Banned
Elbrain said:
That idea sounds awesome and I am for it but I don't think Sony and Jaffe would go for it again Awesome Idea! The possibilities are endless!

Yeah I don't think they'd go for it either. But it would turn out awesome in the end...you could still have all the traditional twisted metal characters...just turn it into a fan service game like Smash Bros and the appeal would be magnified to insane proportions.

AAK

I hope Eat Sleep Play are doing this out of their own desire to make a proper sequel and not just because of public demand.

I'm having huge expectations and I'm looking forward to what the bright minds at ESP have in mind for rejuvinating the genre they created. I will really be disappointed if it will be the same old TM with just higher res textures, etc.

Snah said:

I think LittleBigPlanet is more fit to be a Smash type game that brings together the Sony cast of characters.

well, whatever the case, it should have Megaman.

Concept17

*does happy dance*

Now hire me Jaffe, so that I may help create the greatest TM evar.

Seriously though, the title should be developed around online competition. Theres sooo much they could do there with the series - especially with the new approach.

Snah said:

I originally wrote something disagreeing with this, but it could be pretty cool the more I think about it. Rex vs Ray vs Shagohod vs Goliath vs Jehuty vs the Ragnarok vs Xenogears... and on and on.

DeadCell

Best fucking news I could ever hear. <3

Now give me confirmation that there is a new Jet Moto in the works and I can die a happy, happy man.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
DeadCell said:
Best fucking news I could ever hear. <3

Now give me confirmation that there is a new Jet Moto in the works and I can die a happy, happy man.

Man I don't think Jet Moto will ever come back, it is another ones of those games they will not bring back with a sequel. The one I want a sequel for would be Legend of Legaia or Legend of Dragoon. Hell they could just hand it to Level 5 for sequel status! But like I said already we will never get them /cry.

Snah

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
There was a Jaffe interview posted recently that basically made it sound like the next game they were working on is going to be disc based but if Sony were to put it on PSN also they'd be happy with that.

Makes total sense if that game is indeed Twisted Metal PS3.

I just hope they don't gimp the game and make it a recycled rehash. It really needs to be a total overhaul and an online experience that has many different modes of play.

Azrael

What exactly is the point of forming an independent studio if they're going to be working on franchise titles?

DeadCell

antiloop said:
I am not complaining. :D

Haven't really got into one since Twisted Metal 2. Although that is the game of forever.
If you're a fan of TM2 check out Head On for the PS2, trust me you won't regret it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Apparently ESP's first PS3 game won't be released until "late 2009 at the earliest", so I'm not sure if we'll be seeing this any time soon (e.g. at E3). But it is nice to have confirmation..of a sort..

DeadCell

sp0rsk said:
I've never understood the appeal of this game.
Then why post?

It hits me more nostalgically than Mario ever could. The level design, the music, the characters, the balance between them... Twisted Metal is much deeper than it first appears to be. For the people that "get" TM, this is the game to get. I can't wait to see what ideas they have for this game on the PS3.

hauton

why is this a surprise?

i thought this was naturally assumed

that said, burnout paradise has shown how fucking JAWESOME a free-roaming TM would be

Doubledex

Banned
Jaffe is developing it??
With his small team?? And I thought he is making PSN games only?!
If TM3: developed by a small team + PSN game = DO NOT WANT!!

I want a blockbuster/high budget game/normal budget game :( No low-budget stuff

Xater

Doubledex said:
Jaffe is developing it??
If TM3: developed by a small team + PSN game = DO NOT WANT!!

I want a blockbuster/high budget game/normal budget game :( No low-budget stuff

Their ar enot doing PSN games only.

BTT: OMG OMG OMG! Jaffe redeemed for delivering the goods. He will get extra Bonus points from me if it is in the Black universe and uses "Paint it Black" as a Theme song again. :D

DeadCell

Xater said:
Their ar enot doing PSN games only.

BTT: OMG OMG OMG! Jaffe redeemed for delivering the goods. He will get extra Bonus points from me if it is in the Black universe and uses "Paint it Black" as a Theme song again. :D
Bright colourful TM2/TMHO > TMB

Xater

DeadCell said:
Bright colourful TM2/TMHO > TMB

I prefer Black but it's just a tiny preference. Just knowing tha tanything Twisted Metal is coming to the PS3 is enough for me. :lol

Tim-E

sakuragi said:
Think Mario kart except its less kiddy. And guns instead of bananas :lol

lol omg guyz less kiddy cuz people die!!!! omg

This game is nothing like Mario Kart.

In any case, this game will be another reason to push me to get a PS3 even faster.

Doubledex

Banned
I hope there will be a storyline, too! Like i TM:B You get rewarded by a awsome movie at the end (which explains the story of the character). BRING THESE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadCell

Xater said:
I prefer Black but it's just a tiny preference. Just knowing tha tanything Twisted Metal is coming to the PS3 is enough for me. :lol
Fucking right.

The fact that anything Twisted Metal is hitting the PS3 is more than enough reason to celebrate.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Doubledex said:
Jaffe is developing it??

He seems confident in his team's ability. In fact, it's his confidence in his team and their talent that apparently also motivates him away from "small" PSN games because he wants to show how his people can compete against others. From the mtv interview:

But we want our company to compete with other developers out there…. And our programmers who are top of the line and our artists who are top of the line. They’re going to want to push the envelope.

It seems to me their aiming as high as they can, and will then let Sony decide how the game should be distributed. They don't want to do "small PSN games" any more though. He cites games like Warhawk and LittleBigPlanet..games that are blu-ray and PSN, that maybe ideally their games could be something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom