• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

and the servers are down.

time to add those Slam Teeth to my Slam Boat
IMG_0124.jpg

Rattles

Great patch, I'm now back at level 1

Did you?
Hey- patch still coming but read this please! :) Just got this from super star QA lead Bill in the SDQA department. Pretty crucial:

BILL SEZ: We noticed there's a lot of people on message boards who are deleting their game data if they lock or run into any problems because someone had suggested it on the forum. It's a really bad idea though because it resets your stats and in this case, resets your trophy progress. So just in case you get any questions as to why a trophy isn't unlocking, I figure you can give them a heads up to not take that advice.

Bill speaks da truths! Heed him! :) And thanks Bill!

David

Edit: still getting errors...

Well, idle hosts are still a problem so far. This is why we need autostart. Dbag hosts. At least flag the host for the rest of the room so that we can yell at him/her.

Trying to beat the last level. Just when I thought I had seen all the bullshit I could handle I have to
Beat invincible clowns (Unless run over) inside a pin ball machine. Then I have to navigate through instant death cutting blades while death balls are being hurled at me with no weapons. All I want is Warthog. Is that so much to ask?

ElRenoRaven

So it seems on twitter like it's not changed much other then who's having issues and who isn't. Some are having a better go and others a worse go now. Luckily I'm still having a good run it seems.

Helscream

Banned
Well I am convinced that all Talon players are the most chicken shit son's of bitches in this game. I was playing Nuke and it was a so-so team on both sides. But this other dude literally would just hide and snipe as Talon as much as he could. So the guy killed me twice and I am like super pist. So I get my Sweet Bot and round up some mega gun bullets and hunt his ass down. After about 4-5 kills Talon got locked out and he had to pick another vehicle. I ended up going 25-3 and manage to hit the enemy statue with a Nuke with like 1 sliver of HP left onto of taking down at least 3 enemy nukes. That dude who kept picking Talon went like 9-14. I am convinced that most players with a skill rating of 99% or higher are really just cheap. You can check my stats if you want to, I have 0 Talon kills in my stats simply because playing chicken shit isn't my style. Like I said Talon needs some serious tuning. Being able to chain that tri-gunner special together without any cooldown in between is what makes Talon a bit to powerful.

Rant Over.

I still think Talon will probably be the most effective with using the magnet to help transport team-mates into and out of battle.

Ok,
how about the invincible swinging balls that there is no way past?
I have literally dies 20 times trying to get past them.

I found them to be impossible with the slower cars on Twisted, so use a faster one like Roadkill, and don't rush to go through them all in one go.

Trying with Death Warrant. Its fuckin more dumb luck than skill. Even if you get through the balls fuck you up. Not to mention the fuckin camera angle gets all asshole'd up so you cant see. Fuck this game man. I cant believe what a piece of shit this is.

Rattles

Trying with Death Warrant. Its fuckin more dumb luck than skill. Even if you get through the balls fuck you up. Not to mention the fuckin camera angle gets all asshole'd up so you cant see. Fuck this game man. I cant believe what a piece of shit this is.

Haha I was waiting for this after ur rant about the jugganauts I was thinking "just you wait till the last level lol. Anyway I got it done with Meat wagon, You can take out the head by the time you get to him using all your weapons and a controlled gurney to finish him off, Just don't use to much boost. The clowns are the easiest part, Again save ur boost. And then well.... Good luck :p

And yep have been having awesome games the last 2 hours and not one drop :D. gg's out too Unicorn and phychoseven.

Wait can't remember if it was phycho_seven or Seventy_X_Seven... Too many beers me thinks.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Still a bunch of network errors and random weirdness (joining a room that's in the "Game Room" state, then when I get it it's in progress). Quick online match seems still crappy too, it put me in a room with 1 other guy. I played about 4 or 5 matches though and didn't dc, so that's something.

Unicorn

Man, I was off my game tonight. Just terrible. I think work has just exhausted me this week. Gonna eat something and try to get a few more rounds in before bed.

GG's Rattles. We had probably like 5+ games without a hitch.

RagnarokX

Just played a bunch of games with full rooms, must have played like 10 matches with no disconnects. Had no network errors entering.

Rattles

Man, I was off my game tonight. Just terrible. I think work has just exhausted me this week. Gonna eat something and try to get a few more rounds in before bed.

GG's Rattles. We had probably like 5+ games without a hitch.
Yea mate was good. Wish it saved replays :(. There was a great moment where you and the dude in 1st where pushing each other head on with zip all health and I lined him up but got you with a chainsaw lol I burst out laughing when that happend.

RagnarokX

I just had an awesome team hunted match on Metro Square. I started out as hunted and went down into the subway and booby trapped the dead end tunnel with a coffin bomb. The other team apparently didn't know how to open the other end of the tunnel, so they came at me head on and I got some kills. Then they rushed me faster than my special could regen so I left the tunnel to buy time and killed a few enemies with coffin bombs in the subway terminal. I only died once the whole match. I got hunted status a second time and got the enemies to follow me to one of the ice rinks, killed their hunted with a coffin bomb and then escaped through the back bridge to the other rink.

Unicorn

I see GAF is all about the Shadow now. heh. Man, my magnet is shittastic compared to coffin bombs. The fact that people can shield while I'm holding them just breaks it.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
What a worthless patch. Just spend an hour and 15 minutes trying to play and was able to get 2 matches of TDM in. Still unable to join 90% of the rooms I try and 2 of the 3 I was able to actually join, naturally had an AFK host. Nice job ESP.

Unicorn

What a worthless patch. Just spend an hour and 15 minutes trying to play and was able to get 2 matches of TDM in. Still unable to join 90% of the rooms I try and 2 of the 3 I was able to actually join, naturally had an AFK host. Nice job ESP.

Not to sound condescending, but what are the rooms you try to join. I find the best success with 4/14 rooms. Have you tried hosting? Could you describe how you try and join rooms and what you look for before joining? I hate seeing that you are having such a terrible experience.

Any tips on using Road Boat? I feel like he's got potential but I can't figure out how to use his specials effectively. :p

I had more luck using the shotgun sidearm and having the "shake" boost for his magnet grab is pretty essential. The richochet's are pretty good actually, and I'm not entirely sure how it works, but if they bounce some before hittig I've seen them do 50-60 damage. I don't know if it was each of the 3 and only 1 hit or what. Letting them lock on and travel a ways will up their damage to 33 from 11 at close range. Pay attention to your surroundings when attempting to magnet grab. A lot of times, I feel the strong urge to turbo ram them into a nearby wall, but they see that coming a mile away and shield. So, most of the time, be ready to hold the R2 trigger down, to throw them as far as possible, and have L2 ready to shotgun blast before doing so. Careful of them pounding buttons to break out, so don't be tempted to freeze them before grabbing them, as they will already be pounding dem buttons.
His special takes a lot of finesse for grabbing alt, so in most DM i'd suggest just going with ricochet spread or lock-on finishing. He's also pretty squishy imo, with 210 hp considering his closerange stlye with the grabnet. Trying so suck someone in can be frustrating sometimes, especially with other people trying to shoot you. So often I just get frozen and the special wasted. Again, that's me mostly wanting to play like Slam instead of smart and use the ricochet more.

cametall

Still having issues getting into games but also my filters keep resetting! Just played a match where everyone dc'd but me (was not host).

Also hosts are still not starting games...

I cannot believe how bad this is. I am on the final level, twisted difficulty. Did these guys even play this game?

First of all, its completely random if you even get through or not. You get through the fuckin ram fest, then the stupid pin ball level. I dont get why you would build a car combat game and take the control out of it. No wonder the reviews are mixed. The next and most bullshit part is this obstacle course. Again, there is no fuckin skilled way to get through those swinging mace balls. Not to mention because of the track layout you shoot your missles most of the time into the ground. Then when you get hit the camera goes fucked. I made it to the talon fight but cant seem to knock the fuckin sweet bots down.

Jaffe hasn't been around but Christ, if your going to put bullshit levels like this in a fuckin car combat game at least give us checkpoints. The controls are good if your fighting but this game isnt built for fuckin races. Last since some people got to cheat their way to Warthog how is it fair to the rest of us?

I cannot believe how bad this is. I am on the final level, twisted difficulty. Did these guys even play this game?

First of all, its completely random if you even get through or not. You get through the fuckin ram fest, then the stupid pin ball level. I dont get why you would build a car combat game and take the control out of it. No wonder the reviews are mixed. The next and most bullshit part is this obstacle course. Again, there is no fuckin skilled way to get through those swinging mace balls. Not to mention because of the track layout you shoot your missles most of the time into the ground. Then when you get hit the camera goes fucked. I made it to the talon fight but cant seem to knock the fuckin sweet bots down.

Jaffe hasn't been around but Christ, if your going to put bullshit levels like this in a fuckin car combat game at least give us checkpoints. The controls are good if your fighting but this game isnt built for fuckin races. Last since some people got to cheat their way to Warthog how is it fair to the rest of us?

Have you tried using your shield and super turbo boost?

Yeah I get to the end a few times but dont make the time limit
or get shot as Im dropping the sweet bot. Its really luck if you get through those maces. The problem is if you dont get through them its start of the level again.

Hi guys, played my first online (nuke) match today, and it was great (after some connections erros, of course :D). Just one question, do i need to lvl up in the multiplayer in order to have access to the other vehicles (like Talon, or that big truck)?

I finished the single player on hard, and tought i could bring all the vehicles that i unlocked to the multiplayer.

Unicorn

Hi guys, played my first online (nuke) match today, and it was great (after some connections erros, of course :D). Just one question, do i need to lvl up in the multiplayer in order to have access to the other vehicles (like Talon, or that big truck)?

I finished the single player on hard, and tought i could bring all the vehicles that i unlocked to the multiplayer.

gotta level up to unlock stuff. including the shake turbo ram, alt energy attacks, sidearms, and killstreak bonuses.

gotta level up to unlock stuff. including the shake turbo ram, alt energy attacks, sidearms, and killstreak bonuses.

Did they explain the design / reason behind this decision?

At least for me, it makes the game REALLY unbalanced for the beginners! I was in a lvl, the guy was destroying with the big truck, and it was really hard to fight that with the "first" cars...

PS: I also dont like the progression system on CoD, but at least there it isnt so slow to lvl up, and the first and last guns dont have a huge diference between them...

Unicorn

Did they explain the design / reason behind this decision?

At least for me, it makes the game REALLY unbalanced for the beginners! I was in a lvl, the guy was destroying with the big truck, and it was really hard to fight that with the "first" cars...

PS: I also dont like the progression system on CoD, but at least there it isnt so slow to lvl up, and the first and last guns dont have a huge diference between them...

Basically they implemented for those that don't have an attention span. For those that have to "play towards a goal" or something, like how CoD has players chasing after that carrot on a stick.

Just play Unranked. Most of the time it's more fun anyway and you can join mid-game.

I find it sort of curious how its the ESP patched "correcting" the online issues when they blamed Sony. I really think a DLC pack - free of chrage is in order. Im talking maps and characters. They are going to need that type of boost to not let this game die.

I fuckin hate the sp. I can't believe they released such a cheap, bullshit sp. Especially when jaffe gets up there preaching about fun games. Still, I love this series. I talk a lot of shit about it but I want it to live. Just dont get how even after a delay these problems still existed.

Rattles

I find it sort of curious how its the ESP patched "correcting" the online issues when they blamed Sony. I really think a DLC pack - free of chrage is in order. Im talking maps and characters. They are going to need that type of boost to not let this game die.

I fuckin hate the sp. I can't believe they released such a cheap, bullshit sp. Especially when jaffe gets up there preaching about fun games. Still, I love this series. I talk a lot of shit about it but I want it to live. Just dont get how even after a delay these problems still existed.

Agree. But I feel the longer these online issues take to sort out the more likely we won't get dlc :(.\

Welcome to the internet, btw.

:p
You be quiet now.
What does KSA mean? I see -that alot also :p

Unicorn

Agree. But I feel the longer these online issues take to sort out the more likely we won't get dlc :(.\

You be quiet now.
What does KSA mean? I see -that alot also :p

Kick some ass?
a la Burnout Paradise. I think it is so sad that so many people are quick to forget that game did so fucking much for free, ESPECIALLY considering it came from parent company EA.

Top Bottom