• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch introduces "Safety Advisory Council" to promote inclusivity, members include trans furry who thinks voice chat in games is "non-inclusive"

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Nah, I'm sorry. I've relooked over this thread, rewatched some of these videos and as a fourty year old bloke who has been gaming since 1984 I just can not understand how any of this utterly weird shit has got to do with computer games?

What in the actual fuck happend? Who the fuck are these creatures? What is this unhinged bullshit?

What? Why? How?

Maybe i'm senile. This cant be real.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Nah, I'm sorry. I've relooked over this thread, rewatched some of these videos and as a fourty year old bloke who has been gaming since 1984 I just can not understand how any of this utterly weird shit has got to do with computer games?

What in the actual fuck happend? Who the fuck are these creatures? What is this unhinged bullshit?

What? Why? How?

Maybe i'm senile. This cant be real.

When any pushback against someone's escapist fantasies is considered hate speech by default, this is the eventual result.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
When any pushback against someone's escapist fantasies is considered hate speech by default, this is the eventual result.
It's just the oddest thing to actually see though. I work on a neurological ward in a residential care home and can honestly say that with all of the horrific things I see daily I have never seen anything so weird

Pretending to be a deer, having their neck rubbed whilst making noises? Do what?

Even in the most severe neurological cases here that'd be eye opening..

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think a large part of it is the attention people get and the ability to get "power" over others through these companies that appease to these lunatics. It will only continue to get worse and we will all be "un-inclusive" for ever as more and more retarded shit comes out and if we don't accept it, we are the bad ones.

It is the ultimate sign of "white male privilege" (their words, not mine), and they just don't see it.

A white (in this case pasty white) born male, can call themselves a female deer (a damned Cervidae), get hormone theory for boobs, and then have that openly accepted, no, not just accepted, but "protected". Then they can spew all the most hateful and heinous shit outwards with ZERO repercussions such as, call everyone who is a straight male a white supremacist (yet they are white themselves), tell straight women they are transphobe for not sleeping with them (pushing the same rapey coercions creepy men are known for), etc.. In fact, they get rewarded for it.

P-R-I-V-I-L-E-G-E

They act like they're a "person of color" the way they spew "white privilege" ad nauseam. Nah weirdo, you're still white, honk honk.

🤡:messenger_ok:

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
It's just the oddest thing to actually see though. I work on a neurological ward in a residential care home and can honestly say that with all of the horrific things I see daily I have never seen anything so weird

Pretending to be a deer, having their neck rubbed whilst making noises? Do what?

Even in the most severe neurological cases here that'd be eye opening..
I dunno, dude def looks like he could be a mod for RetardEra forums. Would fit right in too.

Can anyone verify if he isn't one for the site? 🤔

Anki

Banned
I don't understand, what is the end game here? What is this person trying to achieve? This is a case for a psychiatrist.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't understand, what is the end game here? What is this person trying to achieve? This is a case for a psychiatrist.

They don't accept themselves, so they must force everyone else to accept their delusions. That is how they feel fulfilled but it's only temporary, you see.

Not a psychiatrist, however.

Last edited:

They don't have an endgame. That's the thing with cultural Marxism. It's an endless purity spiral where they slowly consume more and more unbelievers until only their ingroup is left and the final Five Minutes Hate meeting starts finding traitors in their midst to execute. Then, they start eating themselves.

If you want an endgame example of this take a look at the SomethingAwful forums. They ran out of normal people to ban so now they're backstabbing each other for imagined slights on off-site discords where they plot and gossip. Endless splinters of already splintered far-left groups who can only fight each other because all they care about is being top of the shitpile. The Games subforum's various threads can't go 2 pages without the thread descending into accusations of various -isms and how either the game, the creator, or some poster in the thread is a violator of some holy rule of Woke that means no one actually discusses the game or appreciates it unless it's some universally agreed upon walking simulator like Gone Home or Life is Strange.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned

What a time to be alive...

vortex-deer-hunting-scope.jpg

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... did that thing say that they went into their yard and munched grass?

Are they serious?

How is he/she not locked in a mental ward somewhere? The normalization of severe mental illness has gone way too far. We need to bring back asylums and start committing people by the busload.

Wait... did that thing say that they went into their yard and munched grass?

Are they serious?

How is he/she not locked in a mental ward somewhere? The normalization of severe mental illness has gone way too far. We need to bring back asylums and start committing people by the busload.
If she's not hurting herself or others, I don't see why she should be committed.

She's young and trying to be weird amd probably will eventually will regret it all as an adult.

However we do have a real and serious mental health issue in the US. I can't tell you how many homeless I see completely off their rocker.

Somebody told me the reason for that is because we let out patients and closed down a lot of mental hospitals in the 70s and 80s but I dunno if that's true.

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody told me the reason for that is because we let out patients and closed down a lot of mental hospitals in the 70s and 80s but I dunno if that's true.

I've heard that as well and believe it to be true.

Law enforcement friends of mine have also said that it's much, much harder to have someone committed against their will now as well.

If she's not hurting herself or others, I don't see why she should be committed.

She's young and trying to be weird amd probably will eventually will regret it all as an adult.

However we do have a real and serious mental health issue in the US. I can't tell you how many homeless I see completely off their rocker.

She shouldn't be committed. She should be ridiculed openly. Unless you are under the age of 6, if you're going to walk around seriously pretending to be a fucking animal, you deserve to be treated like the idiot you are. This mental illness is one of self-absorbed narcissism. Society has allowed this to fester instead of ostracizing these kind of people forcing them into reality.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
She shouldn't be committed. She should be ridiculed openly. Unless you are under the age of 6, if you're going to walk around seriously pretending to be a fucking animal, you deserve to be treated like the idiot you are. This mental illness is one of self-absorbed narcissism. Society has allowed this to fester instead of ostracizing these kind of people forcing them into reality.

This. I don't care if the dude's committed or not. I don't care if he gets help of any sort. I just think it's ridiculous that some people try to uphold that sort of behavior as acceptable, and I'm not going to be part of the problem.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
actual trans people are the minority even in their own category, it seems they're a tiny group of people that has been overwhelmed by people with serious mental problems.

I quoted the statistics earlier in the thread. 0.3% of the population identifies as transgender, 0.01% go through hormone treatment and gender reassignment surgery.

Wig-and-skirt "trans" have essentually taken over the trans space. Some of the 0.01% have been arguing that it's the other trans problems if they don't appear like the gender they identiy as ("presenting") which has been the source of some infighting. Some of the wig-and-skirt trans are also arguing these days that they do not need to present, that if they identify as woman that means they're woman no matter what they look and sound like so presenting is irrelevant.

I don't think she should be endlessly ridiculed for thinking they're a deer.

BUT she should be ridiculed for implying voice chat should be gotten rid of for being "non inclusive" and especially for her "most gamers are white supremacists" bullshit.

Collz69

What the fuck has happened to this world?
I feel like I went to sleep one night & everything was normal, men where men, women where women & we could all have nice things, now it appears I have awoken in some sort of hellish nightmare world full of hysterical “Karens”, & blokes in dresses shouting and spoiling everything for everyone, nothing is safe from these people/deers!
Civilisation has hit a dead end.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
I quoted the statistics earlier in the thread. 0.3% of the population identifies as transgender, 0.01% go through hormone treatment and gender reassignment surgery.

Which begs the question: Why does such a minuscule segment of the population seemingly have so much influence?

I'm sure the answer is rather complex and includes the fact that they were able to lump themselves in with the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual crowd to artificially inflate their numbers, but even still they seem to have an inordinate amount of power and influence in certain areas.

.3% of the population is not a voting or consumer block. Based on numbers, for purposes of politics and business these people should be totally ignored.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Which begs the question: Why does such a minuscule segment of the population seemingly have so much influence?

I'm sure the answer is rather complex and includes the fact that they were able to lump themselves in with the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual crowd to artificially inflate their numbers, but even still they seem to have an inordinate amount of power and influence in certain areas.

.3% of the population is not a voting or consumer block. Based on numbers, for purposes of politics and business these people should be totally ignored.

In 2018 they made up 2%of BBC staff and while no figures exist I’d be willing to bet they are similarly over represented in game reviewing.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

JSoup

Banned

What people do with their own personal time in their own personal lives or while with their friends/family is their business. That doesn't seem unreasonable, so long as they aren't breaking any laws or endangering people. The only reason it's an issue now if she's been put in a position of potential power and behaving openly and very much not on her personal time in a way that wouldn't be acceptable as a McDonald's burger flipper, much less governing one of the largest social sites.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Hey, I'm sure there are people out there who are just super weird and quirky. I mean, there are on the evil/harmful end of the spectrum who are into sick sadistic fantasies and kill for it, I'm sure there are on the harmless end of the spectrum too, pretending to be animals and marrying inanimate objects and whatnot.

But for the majority of them? I can't not believe it isn't for attention. They want to stand out, doing odd shit gives them a means to do so, and turning criticism into hateful bigotry is a means to wall yourself against criticism you can't handle.

No one deserves death threats. No one deserves harassment. But if you put your weirdness out there in a public platform you're gonna get laughed at, and you should know that.

Whether you actually want to be a deer or you are doing it for attention, either way it indicates something psychologically not right.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
After watching the first video posted, I can agree with the humans(is that pc to say in this case?!) opinion that they will be at a disadvantage using voice chat, I really don’t understand the hoof noises nor grunts nor giggles.

If this is the start of their reins then I hate to see what they lick up next, at least they’ll love all the salt they’ll receive.

If Twitch allows that first video OP posted then they should allow S&M too, that video is probably “enough“ for beings in that circle. I’m not into kink shaming, but a gaming streaming platform is no place for that video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom