• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

Is hard but it's not that hard, if Zexy had become a blaziken. They would had rolled thought the elite. As long as we get a decent team, we can win it.

Crayolan

What if that's not enough? All democracy run with 6 level 100s in our future?

'Tis a joke. It depends entirely on what our team looks like at that point. Will we catch a legendary? Will we keep our starter? Will we (we probably will) have a Staraptor? If we have a decent team with decent movesets, we might be able to do it at around the 80s.
If we buy and use potions, even in anarchy we can probably do it in the 70s.
If we were to (god forbid) use democracy for the E4, we could do it in the 50s.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Maybe a very stupid question but has celebi ever been catchable in any game? Also, it can do time stuff right? That's its story?

I have no idea why but I randomly woke up wondering about celebi and am scared to google because I might get spoilers.

Please tell me all you can about celebi without spoiling anything else pokemon related! I want to be a celebi master.

TheOGB

Banned
Maybe a very stupid question but has celebi ever been catchable in any game? Also, it can do time stuff right? That's its story?

I have no idea why but I randomly woke up wondering about celebi and am scared to google because I might get spoilers.

Please tell me all you can about celebi without spoiling anything else pokemon related! I want to be a celebi master.
It was an event Pokemon in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Its event involved time travel.

Crayolan

Odd question.....

The only time Celebi has ever been catch-able is in the Japanese version of GSC. There was an event where they distributed the GS Ball, and apparently you take that to Kurt, wait a day, he gives it back to you, and then you take it to the Ilex Forest Shrine and a level 30 Celebi appears to battle. The GS Ball was never distributed outside Japan.

In HGSS there was an event Celebi distributed, and if you took it to the Ilex Forest Shrine it would take you back in time first to the place where Giovanni and his son went their separate ways and second to a cave behind Tohjo Falls where you battle Giovanni.

In BW1 if you take a Gen 4 event Celebi (it might be the same one required for the HGSS event, I don't remember) to this weird kid who doesn't talk in Castelia City, Celebi comes out of its ball and talk to the kid. The kid transforms, revealing it's actually a Zorua, and if you have an open slot and pokeball you get the Zorua for free. Before BW2 this was the only way to acquire a Zorua (aside from the event Zoroark also in BW1).

Platinum is still too slow. Gen 4 has the least original pokemon I like. Pokemon music has always been top tier, and tbh IMO it's at it's worst in Gen 4 (once again: still not bad, just comparatively worse). Sinnoh is my least favorite region for various reasons-I felt like there was too much going through the same places, the region was too big, and the landmarks were mostly bland. And Team Galactic was just plain stupid. I mean, Magma and Aqua were stupid too, but at least they looked cool, felt like a threat, and had good music. The only good music associated with Team Galactic is in their HQ,which is admittedly fantastic. Platinum also had the 2nd least memorable gym leaders (this is a big deal for me), though they weren't that awful, unlike in Gen 6 where I've forgotten more than half of the leaders already.

What Platinum did do right is the quality of life changes (praise physical/special split), introduction of online, lots of pokemon available in the main game (though when you compare it to BW2 or XY it still feels small), a ton of cool legendaries, Distortion World, and a proper difficulty curve.

Bolded. Wat? WAT

sogood.gif

Otherwise I agree with most of what you're saying there, but I like Sinnoh as a region and I think it's one of the best personally.

Caladrius

It's good that we're doing Platinum instead of DP because going against a level 66 Garchomp with a worse pool of Usable pokemon would be hell incarnate.

It's good that we're doing Platinum instead of DP because going against a level 66 Garchomp with a worse pool of Usable pokemon would be hell incarnate.

We also get three strength puzzles in the DISTORTION WORLD followed up with Cyrus and an incredibly bulky ghost (dragon) type

Caladrius

We also get three strength puzzles in the DISTORTION WORLD followed up with Cyrus and an incredibly bulky ghost (dragon) type

Yes, but there's only two fights in a row there. The only bad part is getting back there if we fail. With Cynthia you have to plow through all of the elite 4, which is going to be a trainwreck no matter what.

Relax, he is only lvl 62. I don't even think Garchomp is the worst Cynthia Pokemon. I had a lot of trouble with that Damn Togekiss

Relax, he is only lvl 62. I don't even think Garchomp is the worst Cynthia Pokemon. I had a lot of trouble with that Damn Togekiss

Milotic and Spirit Tomb were worse for me in my playthrough, but Im pretty sure I had something that floored Garchomp

Think my Empoleon could survive an Earthwuake (barely) and KO with Ice BEam

I don't remember much about that Garchomp. Except that it had Giga Impact.

What Pokemon if any has the best chance of rolling through Cynthia's team? Is Azelf catchable before reaching the elite 4 :eek:

I don't remember much about that Garchomp. Except that it had Giga Impact.

What Pokemon if any has the best chance of rolling through Cynthia's team? Is Azelf catchable before reaching the elite 4 :eek:

Yes.

In fact, Azelf is amazing in game for getting BoltBeam coverage, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Psychic, and an amazing offensive movepool overall while being before E4

It also gets Explosion...
And is frail as hell, makes Bird Jesus look bulky

Ondore

I honestly wonder if our best bet is to keep Staraptor, Luxray and a Gyarados and just keep swapping between the three of them to weaken Gyarados with Intimidate.

/implying that the three of them would survive that long

Edit: Azelf doesn't learn Ice Beam, and there's no bloody way the Mankeys are catching Mespirit.

In my Platinum run I had a Magnezone and he did great. But he would get mirked by Bertha and Flint. I had a Rotom Wash also but I don't think that event will be available. I think we might need a Garchomp of our own (which I had also and still barely won again my first run with cynthia)

I honestly wonder if our best bet is to keep Staraptor, Luxray and a Gyarados and just keep swapping between the three of them to weaken Gyarados with Intimidate.

/implying that the three of them would survive that long

Edit: Azelf doesn't learn Ice Beam, and there's no bloody way the Mankeys are catching Mespirit.

Whoops, you're right

WE SHALL GET CRESSELIA

lol, no way

I've never played a gen 4 game but I hear lots of good things about Platinum. Why does it have to be $90 on Amazon
BibleThump.png

EDIT: Would you guys recommend a used copy? I hear many DS games are pirated copies so..

Rapstah

Platinum was everywhere in bargain bins for next to no money two or three years ago and I didn't pick it up because I had HG and Black to play (I bought one copy of Platinum to give it away because I'm cheap as fuck) but now they're gone forever and I'm kind of mad at myself for not getting it when it was easy to get.

KiraFA37

Wha? This is already over? Thought we would be grinding at this point in time. Since I'm out of the loop for over a week can somebody explain to me how the end-game story went? Mostly interested in how the dimension/time-travel lore panned out.

Toxi

Banned
Wha? This is already over? Thought we would be grinding at this point in time. Since I'm out of the loop for over a week can somebody explain to me how the end-game story went? Mostly interested in how the dimension/time-travel lore panned out.
Story?

Er... Well, Lance in this universe switched to poison types after his monumental defeat to a Venomoth.

Lorelei's team died after TPPRed and they now bare a grudge against TPP.

After everyone moped about how Altaria was useless, she unlocked her full potential and swept ghost Lorelei despite having two Normal moves, providing TEH URN.

And err... Yeah, I wasn't paying much attention.

Much didn't happened. Slaking just murdered everything with return.

So, I think it took us 5 attempts on E4. Maybe 6 or 7

So anti-climatic
Liked TPPRandomized FireRed, but its definitely my least favorite TPP
That's what happens when you waste so much time on victory road, which is what I said before. Still, the last run was really fun and showed how awesome the team was.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It was an event Pokemon in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Its event involved time travel.

Odd question.....

The only time Celebi has ever been catch-able is in the Japanese version of GSC. There was an event where they distributed the GS Ball, and apparently you take that to Kurt, wait a day, he gives it back to you, and then you take it to the Ilex Forest Shrine and a level 30 Celebi appears to battle. The GS Ball was never distributed outside Japan.

In HGSS there was an event Celebi distributed, and if you took it to the Ilex Forest Shrine it would take you back in time first to the place where Giovanni and his son went their separate ways and second to a cave behind Tohjo Falls where you battle Giovanni.

In BW1 if you take a Gen 4 event Celebi (it might be the same one required for the HGSS event, I don't remember) to this weird kid who doesn't talk in Castelia City, Celebi comes out of its ball and talk to the kid. The kid transforms, revealing it's actually a Zorua, and if you have an open slot and pokeball you get the Zorua for free. Before BW2 this was the only way to acquire a Zorua (aside from the event Zoroark also in BW1).

Thank you. Very interesting stuff! Has celebi ever made an appearance in the anime?

Top Bottom