• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch streamer gets Swatted on an Airplane

NastyBook

This seems uncalled for. Being swatted on an aircraft is a horrible thing to happen to someone, regardless of their personality or their life choices. I am not sure why these aspects are now seemingly the focus of the conversation here.
He unnecessarily enabled someone watching his stream to swat him. His actions put everybody on that plane in harm's way. Defending this dude is what's uncalled for.

Swatters found and charged is so satisfying I hope a plane threat further elevates the circumstances for the law enforcements in finding the guy.

AdanVC

I have always wanted to start a Twitch channel to stream when I'm drawing and painting since I like to do those kind of things but wow, this completely made me change my mind on not doing it. Viewers can be real assholes by pulling stuff like this, It's freaking scary what that troll did to this guy.

Just last week something similar happened to CND (A recently popular Nintendo YouTuber) when he, Etika, Gabe and other guy where eating at Burger King and tons of police officers started to arrive at the restaurant and giving the guys some suspicius looks until they finally got swatted, they have to give their real addresses live on stream D:

HardRojo

I have always wanted to start a Twitch channel to stream when I'm drawing and painting since I like to do those kind of things but wow, this completely made me change my mind on not doing it. Viewers can be real assholes by pulling stuff like this, It's freaking scary what that troll did to this guy.

Just last week something similar happened to CND (A recently popular Nintendo YouTuber) when he, Etika, Gabe and other guy where eating at Burger King and tons of police officers started to arrive at the restaurant and giving the guys some suspicius looks until they finally got swatted, they have to give their real addresses live on stream D:

He's the Switch launch guy, right? Damn, he got swatted too? Stupid people pulling stupid "pranks". This world man...

TirMcGrey

I'm just going to back away from the thread. People here seem to have a vendetta against him.

I've never even heard of this guy before this incident and the first impressions I got from him and his fanbase is that all these incidents aren't his fault (even though he actively picked at the hornet's nest that is the type of people he attracts) along with multiple times of not knowing how to stop said behavior.

The only "redeeming" quality people seem to point out is that "he's funny". I have family who are terrible people to their own that have spewed jokes that were occasionally chuckle worthy but that didn't stop making them assholes. :|

Delryk

Unfortunately they dont need to give out any information for viewers to find them... Obsessed viewers that want to do this shit can always find a way. First of all, you know which city the stream is at the time - walking down the street and talking, there are multiple ways to find him/her... name streets can be leaked via when they walk pass it, and stuff. Then they got into a Burguer King as you say and all you have to do is google map city/street/closest burger king and voila....

As for Ice Poseidon... He did show is flight # on stream but even if hadn't, he would have still been swatted... the only thing the person who swatted needed was his real name and airport he's in.

Heck. Big ass streamers like Summit1G have been swatted in a park while playing Pokemon.

I'm absolutely baffled at the people in this thread trying to justify him exposing his information. "They'll find it out anyway" is not how this works, it doesn't absolve you of any guilt. If negative things happen as a result of something you do then you don't go out of your way to make it easier and then act surprised when it keeps happening. You're supposed to make it harder by disclosing as little as possible.

If he won't attempt to do anything to curb the negative stuff his community does then Twitch has every right to ban him. It's their business and don't need to justify anything.

OryoN

Both the streamer, and his little c&#t minion that took up his "challenge" need some jail time and/or some hefty fines. This kinda dumb behavior is neither funny nor cool.

KyleCross

Well, The Know took the streamers side. Called it "victim blaming" that he got banned and that he did nothing wrong, even compared it to a pet dog dying.

Christ, Rooster Teeth...

Really? You cannot blame him? Not even a little? You dare people to do something and then they do it, you have zero responsibility?

Daring someone to do something does not absolve the person being dared of responsibility for their actions.

What if I dared you to shoot me? Would that make the shooting ok?

Froli

I have always wanted to start a Twitch channel to stream when I'm drawing and painting since I like to do those kind of things but wow, this completely made me change my mind on not doing it.

Mod your chat properly, Don't foster garbage users/trolls on your channel.
The Creative twitch community are mostly chill people from what I've seen so far

I have to say again that majority of Ice fans are the most toxic, garbage, racist pieces of shit and he loves them to the point he said recently that he will let them control his life as he streams lol.
They are also dumbasses.. as you can see few posters on this thread by saying "They will find him anyway, so it's okay for him to leak those information"

The people making these calls need to have legal action taken against them

It's insane that swatting is a thing with little to no repercussions

The people making these calls need to have legal action taken against them

It's insane that swatting is a thing with little to no repercussions

These people can be around the world with many VPNs and blocked IDs so there is no legal action here. This asshole needs to stop streaming. Enough is enough, folks are onto you to swat you. Enough is enough and stop for your own good. There is no shame in it and there's nothing wrong with stopping streaming.

Enough, buddy. Your privacy has been invaded because you let them invade it, so stop.

Euphor!a

Banned
Daring someone to do something does not absolve the person being dared of responsibility for their actions.

What if I dared you to shoot me? Would that make the shooting ok?

I didn't say it did, obviously everyone is ultimately responsible for their own actions, but that also does not absolve the person for goading someone into doing something dumb.

TheFatMan

Dude Ice is a piece of crap. Just watch his streams. He behaves like a 15 year old adolescent boy, taunts his toxic community into a lather and does nothing to calm them down.

Just look at the chat on his stream in those videos, that's how it is all the time.

No one deserves to be swatted, especially on a plane.

But if you douse yourself in gasoline and run through a burning house you don't get to bitch about the fact you burned to death.

OgCarnage

Banned
These people can be around the world with many VPNs and blocked IDs so there is no legal action here. This asshole needs to stop streaming. Enough is enough, folks are onto you to swat you. Enough is enough and stop for your own good. There is no shame in it and there's nothing wrong with stopping streaming.

Enough, buddy. Your privacy has been invaded because you let them invade it, so stop.
No, just no. No one should stop doing what they love and make a living off of just cause you don't like them.

Even as a huge fan of Ice I have to side with Twitch on this one, the money he was bringing in was negligible to the bad PR Twitch was getting (and would have gotten later, see his YouTube streams). Twitch were prudent to get rid of him, losing one streamer isn't a big deal to them. It's turned out pretty good for his viewers as his IRL streams were becoming stale because of Twitch's rules.

It may seem insensitive as Ice is the victim here, but from Twitch's perspective he's nothing but trouble. I hope YouTube can sustain him instead. He told us the FBI were going to shut down the raid forums so hopefully the swatters get caught, or at least scared.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
7qPRve3.png

Every since watching one of the videos linked here, I get this stupid recommendation every morning to watch his live streams and it won't go away no matter how many times I do the "not interested" thing.

reeeeee fuck this thread

Ice poseidon is such a fucking idiot and he's probably about to be hit by the tax equivalent of "fuck me in the ass without lube" soon

I swear to god he brings out the camera like do you know how jumpy cops are I'm surprised they didn't just ice (haha) him right there

Top Bottom