• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitters Are Using an AR App to Post Fake PS5 Pics

ethomaz

Banned
I was curious how many pics from PS5 with weird proportions were being posted on Twitter until I find out the AR app where it was uploaded an PS5 model to you take pics/videos of it in your room.

The sad part is that the model has bigger proportions than the actual hardware.

You can read more here:

And of course see an example.

Anyway it is pretty fun to make video/photos with the virtual PS5.

PS. Everybody can be a faker PS5 insider now.

Last edited:
Would be crazy if it's actually bigger than that. How do you know the dimensions are not correct? I'd imagine only Sony has that information, unless you know factual data that no one else has....?

ethomaz

Banned
Would be crazy if it's actually bigger than that. How do you know the dimensions are not correct? I'd imagine only Sony has that information, unless you know factual data that no one else has....?
Because you can compare it with Sony official pics.

Doesnt matter. This is free advertising. All they are doing, is making some kind of hype for sony to release size specs. The more ridiculous sizes they put out there, the better for Sony. All these Xbox fanboys speak more about PS5 than Xbox. Mindshare baby.

MarkMe2525

I actually think your "accurate" photo is the one that is incorrect. I also don't know the official dimensions I'm just going off of some comparisons that had compelling evidence.

Edit: maybe your just trolling me and I'm not picking up on the sarcasm but I just measured the disc drives with a ruler on the photo to compare. The disk drive on the one labeled "accurate" is around 25% smaller than the drive on one x which isn't possible.

Last edited:
I actually think your "accurate" photo is the one that is incorrect. I also don't know the official dimensions I'm just going off of some comparisons that had compelling evidence.

Edit: maybe your just trolling me and I'm not picking up on the sarcasm but I just measured the disc drives with a ruler on the photo to compare. The disk drive on the one labeled "accurate" is around 25% smaller than the drive on one x which isn't possible.
Maybe that's why they are tight lipped on BC.

It has BC for GameCube discs. Smash melee on ps5, you heard it here first!

Honestly, whenever I look at the PS5, I can only think of one thing:

4204474_gh_vanilasandwichwbite-1209382-png.png.ulenscale.600x600.png

Top Bottom