• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twizzlers Vs. Redvines. FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Yeah, lived in Texas all my life and I've never heard of them before this thread. Lots of Twizzlers down here though. I can't be the only one who has never had them :\

I've seen plenty of Redvines in the Houston and Austin areas. You can generally buy them in the big 2 pound or whatever tubs.

I don't think I've ever had RedVines. Where can you get them?

Most stores that have a candy section should have them. I see them more often in the tubs than in smaller packs in places where they aren't too prevalent (Texas, for one).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I only had Red Vines just recently and when I had it I thought it was just some cheap knock off of Twizzlers that tasted like complete shit.

Then I found out people actually liked them, and more than Twizzlers. Mind blown.

ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED STRAWBERRY TWISTS:
2jfkl8i.jpg

jadedm17

Those individually wrapped for freshness Twizzlers? They win.

But then I'm biased against family bags of Twizzlers because I'd eat a bag a day when I was a young fat kid. :\

squinters

astigmatic
These are the only good twizzlers,but boy do they taste amazing:
51Z60EYH94L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Though if it's regular Twizzlers vs Red Vines, then Red Vines hands down.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OK america, I no longer blame you for being fatties as my flatmate just got back from US and had a sackful of twizzlers.

Pull and Peel is greater than this red vine shit that I've never heard of (until I taste it and possibly change opinions).

honestly though this is the best tasting stuff I've ever eaten and if I didn't leave NZ I'd probably have no teeth left

http://www.rjslicorice.co.nz/

I'm talking about the red stuff only. Twizzlers comes in second to this goodness.

KtSlime

HiResDes said:
They don't make red Pandas?

They do, and they are great. However some people call them lesser pandas... But no, really Panda is where it is at.

Panda also has the best ingredients: Molasses, wheat flour, licorice extract, natural flavor (aniseed oil)

KtSlime

polyh3dron said:
Redvines taste like wax.

Twizzlers have an awesome intense flavor and they feel more solid.

I've been hearing this in the thread, however I don't understand, I have always considered twizzlers to be waxy, redvines has no oil in it, so I don't understand how it can feel/taste like wax. If anything it feels more doughy, or rubbery.

Is the recipe different in different regions of the US?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Redvines for me easily. Twizzlers taste like wax.

These are a close 2nd if you can actually find them.

grapevines.jpg

Grapevines are soo sooooooo good.

Sp3eD said:
Redvines for me easily. Twizzlers taste like wax.

These are a close 2nd if you can actually find them.

grapevines.jpg

Grapevines are soo sooooooo good.

Whaaaaa? Count another for Redvines. They just tast better. Though Sour sprinkled twizzlers win all.

Ii just think Vines taste more real and authentic. Its like for me at least Little Caesers vs Pizza Hut or something.

Shaneus

As someone "down under" who has to pay rather exorbitant moneys for either, I vote Red Vines. Less plasticy, more sugary. Win.

Red Vines + Red Vines = Crazy delicious

PS. Someone send me some Grape Vines. Dayumn.

TylerD

I have never had Red Vines so I say Twizzlers but I wouldn't be surprised if Red Vines were superior in every way. I do like Twizzlers Pull and Peel though.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Twizzlers have no taste whatsoever, RedVines taste slightly like cough medicine but for some reason are strangely addicting.

Bricfa

Twizzlers are among the shittiest forms of candy. Never had (or even seen) red vines, but I can't imagine they could be much better.

I tried both Twizzlers and Red Vines before and they were both tasteless dry strands of colored elastic shit in my mouth.

Spit it out immediately onto ground where they belong. Yuck.

ToxicAdam

My gripe about Twizzlers is that you have to eat them immediately upon opening, otherwise they taste like rubber. I prefer them only because I grew up with them.

Licorice is a lot like Jelly Beans for me. They all pretty much taste the same and no brand is significantly better/worse than another (aside from the real generic shit).

spunibard

First Red Vines bag I ate was DELICIOUS. Two other bags I've gotten have been gross. These other bags the vines are all shredded- are these rancid bags or something? Does that happen alot with red vines? I want the delicious again but I'm afraid to buy another bag and have it suck.

And I think Twizzlers are bleh.

painey

Twizlers are manky. When I was in the States I picked some up because i'd seen them on tv and stuff but had no idea they were so sickly, so I put them in the coffee maker and made this huge red gelatinous blob, which I then flushed down the loo.. but it wouldn't flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom