• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Typical food from your country.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Fuckin disgusted with you tbh

Though to be fair maybe you got it from Bunnings where they banned onions
I googled “sausage sizzle” and the best/earliest pic was from Vice. I loathe to give them a click, but blame my laziness.

Is that true about banning onions?

Dark Star

here is an average week in Texas

usual truck stop diner breakfast : bacon, eggs, pancakes, syrup, etc,etc .

shutterstock_245938681.jpg

tex mex for lunch, something, something, BBQ

10-TexMexBBQ1-600x0-c-default.jpg

beans for days

6fd00dd0-58ba-4a82-85fe-8877880349e2.jpg

baked potato loaded up with cheese and sour cream, pulled pork, green beans, dinner roll

pulled-pork-dinner.jpg

dinner, for many, is RIBS and fries

texas-roadhouse.jpg

fried okra is a texas staple, likewise, any other down south soul food like mash potatoes and gravy or fried chicken

IMG_3963.jpg

chicken fried steak, chili, beef brisket, etc

chicken-fried-100.jpg

or medium steak

c700x420.jpg

dessert? pecan pie

51257300_pecan-pie-2_1x1.jpg

Last edited:

DS_Joost

Dutch food ranges from fucking delicious to the most disgusting shit you've propably ever seen (well, the Scandinavians propably beat us with the disgusting shit).

Something that's really frickkin' nice is boerenkool:

22382441059_06264c2e16_b.jpg

With some gravy on it, it's heavenly!

Plus, we have the ultimate recipe for serving fries, and everything else is vastly inferior. I present patatje oorlog;

7394fb554de9e70c7c97b9f3f15554bc.jpg

So delicious!!!

But then, we have shit like this:

20647-7714-merkx-zult.3-200.jpeg

Which is cooked like this:

http%3A%2F%2Fmunchies-images.vice.com%2Fwp_upload%2FKopinketel.jpg%3Fcrop%3D0.99733333333333xw%3A1xh%3B%2A%2C%2A%26resize%3D1000%3A%2A

And it makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with our people.

It's called zult. It's disgusting. It smells really sour, looks like a gray mash of shit (which it is) and the taste...

Let's just not talk about that...

These are much different than the ones in the UK i can tell you.
If you ever find yourself in Austria, be sure to try Schweinsbraten, and make sure it says “Semmelknödel” or “Serviettenknödel” in the food description so you can try these dumplings.

In UK are actually bread, I don´t like so much but when you mixed with some foods, taste good.

Actually I am planning visit Austria this summer!

x06vScm.gif

God bless this country.

I follw "man vs food" program on TV and always see these kind of meals... actually is awesome (but only for weekends)

It goes so well together though, and it's very socially acceptable to have a beer with breakfast...if you're having Weißwurst.

Can be somethin accepted in your society but ... Uff I only drink beer in the morning if I have a huge hangover.

Oh no. That’s too much! I’m sure the picture was taken by a big family. No way one or two can eat all this😰

Came on! Share what you eat there or I will post here a lot of pictures of Mortadella here to remember your past mistakes!

What´s that? Is just a hot dog in a sandwich slice?

sual truck stop diner breakfast : bacon, eggs, pancakes, syrup, etc,etc .

Actually I have a dinner in one of that trucks but I had a lot of fever so I miss my opportunity to eat that :(

Dutch food ranges from fucking delicious to the most disgusting shit you've propably ever seen (well, the Scandinavians propably beat us with the disgusting shit).

Something that's really frickkin' nice is boerenkool:

22382441059_06264c2e16_b.jpg

With some gravy on it, it's heavenly!

Plus, we have the ultimate recipe for serving fries, and everything else is vastly inferior. I present patatje oorlog;

7394fb554de9e70c7c97b9f3f15554bc.jpg

So delicious!!!

But then, we have shit like this:

20647-7714-merkx-zult.3-200.jpeg

Which is cooked like this:

http%3A%2F%2Fmunchies-images.vice.com%2Fwp_upload%2FKopinketel.jpg%3Fcrop%3D0.99733333333333xw%3A1xh%3B%2A%2C%2A%26resize%3D1000%3A%2A

And it makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with our people.

It's called zult. It's disgusting. It smells really sour, looks like a gray mash of shit (which it is) and the taste...

Let's just not talk about that...

What´s the last picture.... Is a HEAD!!!??? Why?

Shifty

Visiting England?

You start your day with a fry up, all the trimmings, no messing about, no flaking out on the black pudding. Fried bread an acceptable additional/replacement for toast. Winners eat their mushrooms.

letterbox_resizeimage593x426xA6SozL86Xx.jpg

After you've demolished your full English and necked a few cups of tea, you go about your business until it's time for lunch. And of course, it's a chippy lunch. Battered cod, good thick chips, some gravy, mushy peas, salt, vinegar, maybe some tartar sauce, maybe a steak and kidney pie, maybe even curry sauce if you're feeling spicy.

fishbox-fish-chips.jpg

By now it's quite obviously time to hit the pub, if you haven't already, so knock back a few ales and a couple of crafty fags (cigarettes in England if you're feeling triggered), have a go on the quizzy and then order up the pub staple: the Sunday roast. Is it actually Sunday? Who gives a shit! It's Sunday somewhere, probably! Beef is the primary choice though others are available if you're a bit of a fanny about that. Spuds, carrot, swede, peas, maybe brocolli, maybe parsnips and sprouts if you're feeling festive. But let's not forget the key ingredients: a fatty Yorkshire pudding and lashings of thick gravy.

Sunday-roast-beef-dinner-with-Yorkshire-puddings-vegetables-and-gravy.jpg

One full belly later and you're ready for a few more pints. Before you know it, it's 3am and you're stumbling home, arm in arm with your best chum, probably singing some shit Brit pop anthem. You're bloated, sick, skint, you stink, but you've had a cracker. The above diet will probably give you a heart attack by 30, but you can rest easy knowing it was all worth it.
Sweet christ, I'd be dead from a food coma if I had all three of these in one day. Our native cuisine is nothing if not heavy
L40g0yU.png

One full belly later and you're ready for a few more pints. Before you know it, it's 3am and you're stumbling home, arm in arm with your best chum, probably singing some shit Brit pop anthem. You're bloated, sick, skint, you stink, but you've had a cracker. The above diet will probably give you a heart attack by 30, but you can rest easy knowing it was all worth it.
Don't forget the detour to the one takeaway that's still open at that time of night for the traditional poor-life-choices extra large doner kebab with all the extras :messenger_winking:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Don't forget the detour to the one takeaway that's still open at that time of night for the traditional poor-life-choices extra large doner kebab with all the extras :messenger_winking:

Oh aye, can't forget the dodgy takeaway special boxes.

Munchy_Box.jpg

manfestival

My birthplace has some neat food... lots and lots of fried food

mofongo01.jpg

Mofongo with Chicharron

b367f72e894572b986f80e1a44757744.jpg

Bacalaito

hqdefault.jpg

Alcapurrias... look like turds but taste fantastic

cuchifrito.jpg

Cuchifrito

chuleta-cancan.jpg

Chuleta Can Can .... MASSIVE pork chop that is so good

pasteles-puerto-rican-christmas-eve-dinner.jpg

Arroz con gandules + pasteles .... the pasteles are really good but look so ugly

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What´s that? Is just a hot dog in a sandwich slice?
It’s a beef sausage on sliced sandwich bread, yes. Usually served with caramelised onions and tomato sauce.

It’s basic as hell, but it is an Australian staple all over the country. At bbqs, at fundraisers, at parties, even our biggest hardware store chain has permanent sausage sizzle stands out the front entrance (the proceeds go to charity). It originates from a time before post-WW2 immigration, where there wasn’t much to eat here other than beef, bread and potatoes.

Raven117

Gold Member
Effing Texas man.....we do it right. Not only is our "native" food just outstanding....we have so many immigrants from all places of the world (especially Houston), I can choose from the world's cuisine...And not some upscale white-washed version either. Im talking the real deal can be found of almost any country, in some strip mall you have never heard of.

And, then, when they put a Texas twist on it...(Like Twited Turban....(Indian Tacos)), you get unabashed awesome that cannot be touched by other states weak sauce.

Last edited:
My birthplace has some neat food... lots and lots of fried food

mofongo01.jpg

Mofongo with Chicharron

b367f72e894572b986f80e1a44757744.jpg

Bacalaito

hqdefault.jpg

Alcapurrias... look like turds but taste fantastic

cuchifrito.jpg

Cuchifrito

chuleta-cancan.jpg

Chuleta Can Can .... MASSIVE pork chop that is so good

pasteles-puerto-rican-christmas-eve-dinner.jpg

Arroz con gandules + pasteles .... the pasteles are really good but look so ugly

Hey, that food is spanish, where are you from?

It’s a beef sausage on sliced sandwich bread, yes. Usually served with caramelised onions and tomato sauce.

It’s basic as hell, but it is an Australian staple all over the country. At bbqs, at fundraisers, at parties, even our biggest hardware store chain has permanent sausage sizzle stands out the front entrance (the proceeds go to charity). It originates from a time before post-WW2 immigration, where there wasn’t much to eat here other than beef, bread and potatoes.

Ahh so that´s why a lot of people were talking about the onion...

Effing Texas man.....we do it right. Not only is our "native" food just outstanding....we have so many immigrants from all places of the world (especially Houston), I can choose from the world's cuisine...And not some upscale white-washed version either. Im talking the real deal can be found of almost any country, in some strip mall you have never heard of.

And, then, when they put a Texas twist on it...(Like Twited Turban....(Indian Tacos)), you get unabashed awesome that cannot be touched by other states weak sauce.

Yeah I notice that in the Dark Star Dark Star post. I saw a lot of things which looks mexicans.

Papa

Banned
I can’t really contribute here because we have vegemite and meat pies and uh... that’s about it.

thomaser

A selection of Norwegian food:

original.956x390.jpg

Fårikål (literally, sheep in cabbage). Often seen as Norway's national dish. Tastes much better than it looks.

xu5ksc73k69fbjsdxaei.jpg

Pinnekjøtt (literally, stick meat). Traditionally eaten for Christmas and Easter. Salty lamb with potatoes, sausages and mashed rutabaga. Heavy stuff, very tasty.

original.956x390c.jpg

Boiled cod. Usually with potatoes, carrots and bacon as seen here. Often with peas as well.

1003426-5988a-product_large.jpg

Pizza Grandiosa. A frozen pizza that is, seriously, the single most popular dish in Norway. 28 million are sold every year in a population of 5 million. It's kinda bland and non-offensive, with bits of ham, Jarlsberg cheese, tomato sauce and red pepper.

gudbrandsdalsost38.jpg

Coarse-grained bread with butter and slices of brown cheese. Our everyday mainstay. The cheese is brown because it's been caramelized, so it has a fairly sweet taste.

Last edited:

Domisto

Okay, I'm ready for dessert.

Sticky Toffee Pudding - best with custard
1TmnLP.jpg

Eton Mess and please keep it messy
1Tm1y1.jpg

And this is less common, regional, but I ate it all the time when I lived in Yorkshire. Curd Tart.
1TmuDL.jpg

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Schweinshaxe.jpg

From Germany:

That's a pork leg with potato dumplings. granted it's more of a bavarian thing but it's definitely worth a try if you come to visit.

This is what I get every time I go for a German, with two weisswurst and a pretzel

This is now my favourite thread.

Paasei

Bitterballen. (And there are MANY other deep fried snacks here, but I wasn't planning on posting all of them)
dutch-snacks.jpg

Stroopwafels

Poffertjes.
Dutch-Poffertjes.jpg

Stamppot & boerenkool (and a sausage).
Paleo-Stamppot-1.jpg

Hollands nieuwe (herring with onions)
main-qimg-7608827437a014d477cc0742f99ef3ec.webp

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Belgium, Flanders.

Beer stew with french fries:
varkenswangetjes-en-trappistenbier.jpg

Mussels:

mosselen-natuur.jpg

North sea Shrimp croquettes:

Tomato with north sea shrimp:

tomaat-garnaal.jpg

Waterzooi (sort of creamy meal soup with chicken or fish)

33ba8ad6-024d-11e7-8f5f-00163edf48dd.jpg

I can’t really contribute here because we have vegemite and meat pies and uh... that’s about it.
What about the aligator or the kangaroo??
I am from Puerto Rico so you can kinda say that I guess lol
You food is really close to spanish food.
A selection of Norwegian food:

original.956x390.jpg

Fårikål (literally, sheep in cabbage). Often seen as Norway's national dish. Tastes much better than it looks.

xu5ksc73k69fbjsdxaei.jpg

Pinnekjøtt (literally, stick meat). Traditionally eaten for Christmas and Easter. Salty lamb with potatoes, sausages and mashed rutabaga. Heavy stuff, very tasty.

original.956x390c.jpg

Boiled cod. Usually with potatoes, carrots and bacon as seen here. Often with peas as well.

1003426-5988a-product_large.jpg

Pizza Grandiosa. A frozen pizza that is, seriously, the single most popular dish in Norway. 28 million are sold every year in a population of 5 million. It's kinda bland and non-offensive, with bits of ham, Jarlsberg cheese, tomato sauce and red pepper.

gudbrandsdalsost38.jpg

Coarse-grained bread with butter and slices of brown cheese. Our everyday mainstay. The cheese is brown because it's been caramelized, so it has a fairly sweet taste.
Fårikål is just amazing. I want it.

And what about the Coarse-grained bread with butter and slices of brown cheese? Is that for the breakfast?

Okay, I'm ready for dessert.

Sticky Toffee Pudding - best with custard
1TmnLP.jpg

Eton Mess and please keep it messy
1Tm1y1.jpg

And this is less common, regional, but I ate it all the time when I lived in Yorkshire. Curd Tart.
1TmuDL.jpg
Ahhhhhhhhh Sticky Toffee Pudding I love it....

normally we have a hamburger from a macdonald, most often accompanied by a packet of red soup we call ketchup

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Bitterballen. (And there are MANY other deep fried snacks here, but I wasn't planning on posting all of them)
dutch-snacks.jpg

Stroopwafels

Poffertjes.
Dutch-Poffertjes.jpg

Stamppot & boerenkool (and a sausage).
Paleo-Stamppot-1.jpg

Hollands nieuwe (herring with onions)
main-qimg-7608827437a014d477cc0742f99ef3ec.webp
Belgium, Flanders.

Beer stew with french fries:
varkenswangetjes-en-trappistenbier.jpg

Mussels:

mosselen-natuur.jpg

North sea Shrimp croquettes:

Tomato with north sea shrimp:

tomaat-garnaal.jpg

Waterzooi (sort of creamy meal soup with chicken or fish)

33ba8ad6-024d-11e7-8f5f-00163edf48dd.jpg
Bitterballen is like corkets?

AHhAha you are worldwide famous for your waffels, I love waffesls. But mate all your food looks fantastic, you have to eat well over there.

Roast diner platter.

hawksmoor_sunday_roast_lead_image.0.jpg

Crumpets

Crumpets-1-square-edited.jpg

Sausage Rolls

Greggs_Products.jpeg-e1542197287748.jpeg

Cheese and Onion McCoys

pack-and-crisp-cheddar-and-onion.png

Skips

DSCN0204.JPG

What is the Crumpets?

Königsberger Klopse
koenigsbergerklopse2.jpg

Quark mit Leinöl
Quark_mit_Lein%C3%B6l%2C_2015-01.jpg

Kartoffelsuppe
Kartoffelsuppe-Muttis-Art-4b94f507da943.jpg

Tote Oma
583435-960x720-tote-oma-thueringer-art.jpg

Döner
efes-bistro-dc3b6ner-kebap-im-brot.jpg

Wurstgulasch
b16520371d9127874d131282d61c75b8.jpg

Kalter Hund
Kalter%20Hund.jpg

Hey, I like your food.

Königsberger Klopse is like typical albóndigas in Spain so I know that Königsberger Klopse is awesome!

Döner is the typical kebab right?

Tote Oma what´s that food?

Lucumo

Hey, I like your food.

Königsberger Klopse is like typical albóndigas in Spain so I know that Königsberger Klopse is awesome!

Döner is the typical kebab right?

Tote Oma what´s that food?
Thank you, it's pretty much all regional food...though, Döner Kebab (yeah, the modern version was basically invented in Berlin) is everywhere these days and Kalter Hund has some variations apparently.

It's the only dish I wouldn't eat on that list (I really like the others) because it's potatoes with sauerkraut and grützwurst (which is a type of kochwurst but can also be a type of blood sausage or liverwurst etc) *yuck* The name "Tote Oma" literally means dead grandmother.

Top Bottom