• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. Senator Blocked From Entering Child Detention Facility

natjjohn

A two week notice is disconcerting. Seems apparent something going on inside or that’s there don’t want to be known. A sitting senator should be given immediate access to this type of facility.

Clearly this must mean they're raping the children and using them as dartboards and isn't just a case of the facility having regulations that keep regular people from entering. Clearly a huge, evil conspiracy or dartboard children.

I'll bet you these Congressmen knew they'd be kept out so they made sure to have cameras there to "capture the injustice." All about creating an image of themselves as a hero to the downtrodden. Politics as usual.

Last edited:

JKRMA

Banned
Clearly this must mean they're raping the children and using them as dartboards and isn't just a case of the facility having regulations that keep regular people from entering. Clearly a huge, evil conspiracy or dartboard children.

I'll bet you these Congressmen knew they'd be kept out so they made sure to have cameras there to "capture the injustice." All about creating an image of themselves as a hero to the downtrodden. Politics as usual.

So you are 100% saying then that the children are being treated fine? Why not let them go in then, what is the harm? Is there some sort of secret they must protect on how to care for children really well that they must hide from the rest of the world?

bucyou

Seems like grandstanding during an election year, I dont recall a law that permits congressman to enter any facility they please.

With that said, qualified officials should be given access to inspect.

This really shouldn’t be a issue that divides our parties. We have to as a country have the highest standards when it comes to the treatment of human beings. Our standards are too low imo.

rokkerkory

You're quite a piece of work.

So you are 100% saying then that the children are being treated fine? Why not let them go in then, what is the harm?

I just stated why. They have regulations to not let regular people in. If you go to any local mental hospital, jail, or even a home for the elderly and try to walk in they will have to make sure you can enter. I work at a tech company and even we don't let anyone in who isn't an employee or a pre-approved guest. This is how businesses work. They can't run a facility if people are allowed to walk in whenever they want...and this includes pompous Senators who are using this to make a name for themselves. I know my workplace wouldn't let these people in.

(So, ask yourself...is my workplace hiding something or is it simply regulations that are being followed to improve security?)

And it's VERY obvious these people have an agenda and have decided that the facilities are bad before they even entered them. Even if things are going well, they're just going to point out the few flaws they see and use it to rail on Trump. Why let them in when no good can come of it?

Seems like grandstanding during an election year, I dont recall a law that permits congressman to enter any facility they please.

Exactly. It'd actually be WORSE if they were let in since that would be a direct violation of security in the facility. If they let people in then that would be the FIRST sign that the facility isn't being run right.

Like I said, these Senators KNEW they'd be turned back and made sure to show up with a camera to capture it. Classic media manipulation and the Trump haters fall for it hook, line and sinker.

You're quite a piece of work.

New to the sarcasm thing, I take it?

Last edited:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They need two weeks for the bruises to heal and to get their stories straight.

With that said, qualified officials should be given access to inspect.

Good. I hope they take the grand standing to the next level so the noise is deafening for anyone involved with this.

Last edited:

natjjohn

I just stated why. They have regulations to not let regular people in. If you go to any local mental hospital, jail, or even a home for the elderly and try to walk in they will have to make sure you can enter. I work at a tech company and even we don't let anyone in who isn't an employee or a pre-approved guest. This is how businesses work. They can't run a facility if people are allowed to walk in whenever they want...and this includes pompous Senators who are using this to make a name for themselves. I know my workplace wouldn't let these people in.

(So, ask yourself...is my workplace hiding something or is it simply regulations that are being followed to improve security?)

And it's VERY obvious these people have an agenda and have decided that the facilities are bad before they even entered them. Even if things are going well, they're just going to point out the few flaws they see and use it to rail on Trump. Why let them in when no good can come of it?

Exactly. It'd actually be WORSE if they were let in since that would be a direct violation of security in the facility. If they let people in then that would be the FIRST sign that the facility isn't being run right.

Like I said, these Senators KNEW they'd be turned back and made sure to show up with a camera to capture it. Classic media manipulation and the Trump haters fall for it hook, line and sinker.

He was given the OK from the company that runs the facility in advance, but then HHS blocked it when he went to follow through. So that fact, basically debunks most of the post (knew he’d be turned back, regulations, etc.).

bucyou

He was given the OK from the company that runs the facility in advance, but then HHS blocked it when he went to follow through. So that fact, basically debunks most of the post (knew he’d be turned back, regulations, etc.).

So it seems he should of asked HHS, then?

WaterAstro

Are they blocking democrats? Those three are dems.

I dare a big name republican go there and demand entry and be willing to be arrested.

The U.S. government agency that oversees immigration applications is launching an office that will focus on identifying Americans who are suspected of cheating to get their citizenship and seek to strip them of it.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director L. Francis Cissna told The Associated Press in an interview that his agency is hiring several dozen lawyers and immigration officers to review cases of immigrants who were ordered deported and are suspected of using fake identities to later get green cards and citizenship through naturalization.

Cissna said the cases would be referred to the Department of Justice, whose attorneys could then seek to remove the immigrants’ citizenship in civil court proceedings. In some cases, government attorneys could bring criminal charges related to fraud.

Until now, the agency has pursued cases as they arose but not through a coordinated effort, Cissna said. He said he hopes the agency’s new office in Los Angeles will be running by next year but added that investigating and referring cases for prosecution will likely take longer.

“We finally have a process in place to get to the bottom of all these bad cases and start denaturalizing people who should not have been naturalized in the first place,” Cissna said. “What we’re looking at, when you boil it all down, is potentially a few thousand cases.”

https://apnews.com/1da389a535684a5f9d0da74081c242f3

We'll see what the burden of proof entails.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I for one want to visit the new "Soylent Caliente" factories!

haimon

Disgusting.

A senator should be able to access the facilities if he had discussed it with the proper channels.

He did, but I guess they don't want anyone to see what is happening in there.

Tumle

Pretty much the worst thing lol
Yea.. I don’t think it’s a good idea to let someone who’s out to make a profit, run a “humanitarian” shelter for kids.. they will cut all the corners so they will get the biggest profit..

Last edited:
Yea.. I don’t think it’s a good idea to let someone who’s out to make a profit, run a “humanitarian” shelter for kids.. they will cut all the corners so they will get the biggest profit..

I think at least some of these are actually non-profits. Of course, you can run a "non-profit" if you just dump all your profits into executive salaries.

Dunki

See this is not correct and never will be. If a Sentor wants to see this they should be able to or otherwise there will be suspicion what they are hiding in there. It is like the Steisand Effect.

Last edited:

A two week notice is disconcerting. Seems apparent something going on inside or that’s there don’t want to be known. A sitting senator should be given immediate access to this type of facility.

And the first thing we see - Ah yes, Debbie Wasserman Shultz.. a criminal whom hides evidence and shields herself and bevhaviors from the light, certainly the one we should be looking to for courageous acts. Looking for political angles, these people didn't care when it was their god in office. They do not care about the American public, only their seat and wealth.

She definitely has nothing to hide. That's why she fought so hard to disallow access to that laptop that wasn't even hers, right? Right?

Edited because I replied to the wrong post and not OP.

Last edited:

Dad.

And the first thing we see - Ah yes, Debbie Wasserman Shultz.. a criminal whom hides evidence and shields herself and bevhaviors from the light, certainly the one we should be looking to for courageous acts. Looking for political angles, these people didn't care when it was their god in office. They do not care about the American public, only their seat and wealth.

She definitely has nothing to hide. That's why she fought so hard to disallow access to that laptop that wasn't even hers, right? Right?

Edited because I replied to the wrong post and not OP.
You can appreciate her for her efforts in helping people.

Dev1lXYZ

Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Bill Nelson’s faces look like horror movies. Both have done nothing literally nothing for Florida. This is a political stunt and I’m glad they got told to come back in two weeks. Anyone want to take bets on if they actually come back?

Dad.

You mean like she helped Imran Awan setup a congressional spying network? I suppose so, but I'm rooting for this country's (United States) citizens, not another.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/fl-reg-imran-awan-indicted-20170817-story.html

Plenty more to study on regarding this matter and hopefully much more to come - much rug sweeping attempted...

Don't derail the thread. Good actions, like those mentioned in the OP can be appreciated.

Top Bottom