• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uber fires 20 in ongoing investigation into sexual harassment

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Potentially more to come as there are two seperate investigations and these are only firings from one with still more employees left to review.

Uber fired more than 20 people after a company-wide investigation into harassment claims and hired at least two high-profile senior executives whose job will be to set strategy and rethink branding.

Law firm Perkins Coie LLP led the investigation, reviewing 215 human-resources claims; while it took no action in 100 instances, it’s still probing 57 others. There’s also a separate investigation commissioned by Uber that’s being led by former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. That group shared detailed findings with a subcommittee of Uber’s board of directors, but a summary isn’t expected to be made public until next week, a person familiar with the matter said. Uber also plans to take action on some of the report’s findings next week, the person said.

Source.

And as long as they offer a better service for better prices than your usual taxi service (which doesn't take a whole lot) people will continue to use them.

Must people I know switched to lyft and never looked back. And if you talk to drivers that work for both, they prefer lyft

Gattsu25

Banned
Must people I know switched to lyft and never looked back. And if you talk to drivers that work for both, they prefer lyft

Does Lyft let drivers see who their customer is before they pick them up?

One of the best things about Uber, as trash as the company is, is that a lot of minorities are able to get a ride quickly compared to the racism they usually have to deal with from taxi drivers ignoring them.

entremet

And as long as they offer a better service for better prices than your usual taxi service (which doesn't take a whole lot) people will continue to use them.

Same. I'm a hypocrite. I know. But as a POC, regular cabs already hate my ass, so I stick with Uber. I just hope they get better leadership.

Top Bottom