• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Appears To Possibly Hint ‘Assassin’s Creed Shadows’ Protagonists Yasuke And Naoe Are LGBTQ+

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Romantically, they will also attract and be attracted to different types of people. Through the pair, players will get to experience a multitude of relationships.”

So yea . . . Some anti-woke people were stupid about the black samurai crap, but in the end, not wrong about the game.

Where in those articles does it say something about LGBTQ? Knowing Ubi, I'm guessing most of this will be player choice when it comes to relationships.
I think you're probably reading into it too much OP.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
wef8ims6ouu11.jpg

evanft

I wouldn't be surprised if the game just lets you fuck any of the romance options, so Ubisoft doesn't really define it one way or the other.

I'm just sayin' I'll be layin' pipe all across feudal Japan.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if the game just lets you fuck any of the romance options, so Ubisoft doesn't really define it one way or the other.
If you are able to have a romantic relationship with both genders that’s the definition of “one way or the other”.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It's a shame I used to enjoy these games - I knew what I was getting, a map full of quest marks and rubbish, but I never minded it.

Now it can just fuck off.

No wonder they want the money six months in advance.

Last edited:
Still not enough representation for some people. Unless you can fuck animals, this game is still problematic.

Last edited:

shoplifter

Imagine being a historical figure only to find out, centuries from now, that your likeness is being used to stick it up a man's butt.
This is actually the one I'm puzzled by. All other things about the accuracy of Yasuke's samurai-ness aside, I'm not really certain how or why anyone thinks it's acceptable to assign a given sexuality to any historical figure in a fictional story using them if there is zero evidence of such in the historical record.

Last edited:
This is actually the one I'm puzzled by. All other things about the accuracy of Yasuke's samurai-ness aside, I'm not really certain how or why anyone thinks it's acceptable to assign a given sexuality to any historical figure in a fictional story using them if there is zero evidence of such in the historical record.
If you don't know their intentions, infer from their actions.

They're trying to change our perception of history.

Zathalus

If they really wanted to portray what Samurai got up too, I'd imagine this game would be banned in a shit ton of countries.

GrayChild

Reminder that these scumbags are selling you a 130$ bundle.

RED_MOCKUP_COMPARATIVEGRID_1920x1080_EN.jpg

Ubisoft, 5 years from now:

"Season Pass:
- Includes Gay Harem mode

Pre-order now to unlock exclusive furry fetish suit for the main character.

Ultra-mega-hyper-deluxe edition:
- 5 bonus hormone-blockers for customizing your in-game character avatar"

Bond007

I assume its a player choice thing with regards to who you wanna rizz up.
If its some forced thing- nah

Braag

It's a pet peeve of mine when writers write their characters to always be pansexual. It just makes the characters more hollow. It's fine to have 1 horn dog character that will bang anything and anyone, but for all of them to be like that is weird.
Unpopular opinion, but I didn't like it in BG3 either where the companions were always down, no matter your gender or race.

Hudo

I feel really bad for the engine programmers at Ubisoft who actually are competent and have a solid tech stack but have to watch how MBAs, producers, directors and writers fuck projects up with their bullshit.

shoplifter

If you don't know their intentions, infer from their actions.

They're trying to change our perception of history.

Well of course, it'd be stupid to hold these people to a logically consistent set of principles because The Message is what's important.

edit: If they had principles to begin with, that is

Last edited:

midnightAI

I'm just sayin' I'll be layin' pipe all across feudal Japan.
Dammit, now I want a Genghis Khan game

Draugoth

Gold Member
“Romantically, they will also attract and be attracted to different types of people. Through the pair, players will get to experience a multitude of relationships.”

That doesnt confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom