• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft CCO Is Leaving the Company

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ubisoft's chief creative officer is stepping down from his position amidst the company's new decentralization efforts. Whereas Ubisoft has recently been making headlines due to its flagship IP, Assassin's Creed, undergoing a substantial change in how it will handle future releases with AC: Infinity, it appears that there are big changes underway in the background, too.

With rumors about Ubisoft's potential acquisition being seemingly put on hold, the publisher's main goal currently seems to be an improvement in how efficient its creative departments are, and this means it's going to lose some people along the way. Ubisoft's chief creative officer, Igor Manceau, is going to step down next month after spending just over a year in his current position. Ubisoft's official press release says that Manceau will help with the ongoing restructuring of the creative offices, the goal of which is to move away from the current centralized model of game development.

Manceau had previously worked on Ubisoft's Riders Republic, which found success as one of the best multiplayer games of 2021. The reasoning behind his departure isn't obvious on its own, but Ubisoft did reveal that it was Manceau himself who expressed a desire to step away from the company. It's possible, of course, that this had something to do with Ubisoft's ongoing efforts at decentralizing the company, though this hasn't been outright confirmed.

Doom85

Goodbye GIF

Umbasaborne

Banned
Ill say it again, ubisoft doesnt have a single new multiplatform game releasing this year. Thats fucking insane for them. No doubt heads are rolling over this

EDMIX

Ill say it again, ubisoft doesnt have a single new multiplatform game releasing this year. Thats fucking insane for them. No doubt heads are rolling over this

Sure but I'd say it was worse when AC Unity released broken. I think the current state of the company is much more stable as we haven't had something like that happen there for a while.

So them no longer doing a AC yearly has helped more then hurt and no one fucking needs a yearly thing like that, what they need to look at is how BF 2042 was received and realize that just as easily could have been them.

So they've been on this path for a while now mind you as delaying a game to make sure its working, functional etc has been put as the priority, not a ironclad date. So its best to delay Skull and Bones, its best to that new AC game release when its ready, its best to not force some fall year bs every year as I'd argue that has hurt many of IP more then helped.
Ubisoft will be just fine and those trying to force some early release of those games will just eat crow when they release in a better state and get better sales because of it.

BennyBlanco BennyBlanco lol that merely sounded like a share holder thing to show they have many projects in the pipeline and to invest in them or something.

I think it was effective for that and even for gamers as you saw what? A fucking screen? You know it will be in a region? Thats about it. So the team can continue to work on it without the whole "DOWNGRADEz" harassments and you merely get a general idea of what is to come vs a full blown reveal or something.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Weird since this guy hasn't been in this position for that long since it was only a year or two ago where Ubi purged their single creative officer (also a sex pest) for the boring sameness that infected the brand.
Ubi supposedly decentralized this and let each product speak for itself, so I wonder what this persons role actually was, because it almost sounds like the same type of role they got rid of.

Top Bottom