• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Dracos

I highly doubt this was Matt's exclusive. If he thinks a new Rayman game is better than having any Blizzard game (except SC Ghost) then something is wrong.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm still trying to figure out how this plays.

By the description and shot, it seems to be Tempest but with Boogie Nights Rayman on the back of Shelob chasing after Rabid Rabbits.

Let me put in my preorder now!

Akia

Press Release on Gaming-Age.com said:
Features:

Combat the Ultra-Crazed Evil Rabbits – Take control of Rayman and his knack for attack to help save his world from the raving rabbids. They are mischievous, insane and completely out of control. There are several types of rabbids each with its own mischievous characteristics.

Master and Ride Creatures – Tame and control various creatures such as sharks, eagles, rhinos, spiders and angelfish. Rayman can master each animal’s unique capabilities to help in his battle against the devious rabbits.

Dress to Impress – Customize and disguise Rayman. Go punk, pop, rock or hip hop to infiltrate the bunnies and foil their devious plans.

Explore the Colorful Fantastic World of Rayman – Explore amazing free-roaming environments and beautiful epic landscapes that mix real and fantastical styles to create a visually stunning experience.

AFRO RAYMAN FTW!

snatches

Rocked said:
ign5bf.jpg

:lol

lancubap

Aryuken said:
Jesus, Gaf is starting to crawll again. Need better servers.

Right. and this is only the Pre-E3 ! Think when it will be the Nintendo's Conference !!!
Servers will sure melting down !!

Zenith

Banned
I can confirm that the screenshot is taken directly from the trailer.

The reason they have 2 shots is that they run the gameplay footage on the right, then show it in time with the footage on the left of how you use the Wii controller with the game.

I think this indicates a slightly bad marketing position. Remember the virtual boy, they couldn't show any footage of the 3D effect because you had to be wearing the goggles. One of the main features of the Wii-mote is that the act of moving it about is half the fun, and you can't really show that on a trailer, you need a hands-on.

tehrafe

Jim said:
Rayman RR is announced as a Wii launch title... and they provided this pic:

1.jpg

I kid you not... and this caption to go with it:

Official announcement, HERE.

o_O w-t-f...

and the game itself doesn't look good either

mintosen

as said before.. i dont know if im gonna laugh at the wii, like yet another virtua boy, or love it :/

Right now, it seems like a advanced lightgun to me, and that dont impress me as much.. nor does it stop microsoft nor sony to make their own controllers, just like the dualshock etc.. that works just like nintendos.

if MS and Sony do.. then Wii will only have their old emulationgames.. but then, your pc will do that perfekt too.. :/

ROFL @ picture! The game doesn't look too bad but not too good either!

That kid on the right would be most people's expressions when playing the game i think :p

Man...I just can't get over the picture...between the horrible screenshot, the stupid "punk" looking kid or that slack jawed gawker with the curly hair...OMFG, it's all too surreal

punk9dl.jpg

matt7rx.jpg

lappy4711

Zenith said:

The reason they have 2 shots is that they run the gameplay footage on the right, then show it in time with the footage on the left of how you use the Wii controller with the game.

I think this indicates a slightly bad marketing position. Remember the virtual boy, they couldn't show any footage of the 3D effect because you had to be wearing the goggles. One of the main features of the Wii-mote is that the act of moving it about is half the fun, and you can't really show that on a trailer, you need a hands-on.

Agree. My suggestion would be to introduce a small 'standardized' animated stylized figure overlayed in the right corner of the trailers. This simple figure could illustrate the players usage of the FHC.

Akia

Zenith said:

Your probably right.

Rocked

I knew it reminded me of something!

vvince5.jpg

I dunno, that first video they showed when Rev was announced made it look pretty fun!

Dracos

The "Izza Gud" part was later explained to have no meaning. It's just something they say around the office supposedly. Just that the game is cool and unexpected. "Better than a Blizzard game". I would hope that doesn't mean Rayman.

PhoenixDark said:
What the..?

Are you guys talking about Matt's "Izza Good" comment?

Yeah. According to him this is something that we're not expecting. Rayman has been rumored for quite some time.

ahmad

Banned
They Rayman game sounds so cool.

If you guys remember in the Wallace and Gromit movie, the rabbits kept saying "weeeeeeeeeeeeeee" whenever they were being sucked by that vacuum thing.

center_were_rabbit.jpg

If the developers do that in this game I would certainly buy it :lol

Jim

And I supposed you can infer... since Rayman RR is confirmed for a "Holiday 2006" release, and it is announced as an official Wii launch title, that the Wii will be launching right where we all expected... November :)

Assuming October isn't considered "Holiday", which I doubt it is

Top Bottom